Awoo.

Naean's Art & Design Topic (Plus Some Audio Stuff)

Naean

Art #96 -- Eyenchor

art__96____eyenchor_by_naean_dcuz7gd-pre

A drawing that I have done on page 13 in my Daler-Rowney A4 Optima Spiral Pad.

BIC blue mƩdium biro pen on cartridge paper.

Ā 

Art #97 -- Lightcickles

art__97____lightcickles_by_naean_dcv0t6f

A drawing that I have done on an individual A4 sheet.

Lights inside icicles that are shaped like sickle blades.

Berol Colourfine and Berol Colourbroad Fibre tipped pens on Ryman Bright white card.

Ā 

Art #98 -- Crooked Smile

art__98____crooked_smile_by_naean_dcw84r

The eye and mouth in this piece are inspired by some grass and ground areas on a page of a Sonic The Hedgehog calender, which I discovered courtesy of Black Squirrel on Sonic Retro here: forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=25575&st=525&p=936448&#entry936448.

BIC blue mƩdium biro pen on Ryman Bright white card.

Ā 

Art #99 -- Dilampidated

art__99____dilampidated_by_naean_dcw8757

A drawing that I have done on page 14 in my Daler-Rowney A4 Optima Spiral Pad.

HB Led Pencil (From a Grafix 45 Artist Assorted pencils set.) on cartridge paper.

Ā 

Art #100 -- Fancy Fox Face

art__100____fancy_fox_face_by_naean_dcw8

A drawing that I have done on page 15 in my Daler-Rowney A4 Optima Spiral Pad.

This piece is inspired by the Fennekin character from the PokƩmon series, and the Miles "Tails" Prower character.

Additionally, this piece is quite heavily inspired by one of my previous pieces, "Curly Bloboy", and is partially inspired by another one of my previous pieces, "Rustic Tribal Cyclops Insignia".

Furthermore, this piece is inspired by the styles of one-tone/one-colour tattoos. This piece also contains some elements inspired by leaves.

Berol Colourbrush Fibre tipped pen on cartridge paper.

• Thumbs Up 2

A few music things that I did recently. Credits and other information are available in their respective video descriptions on YouTube.

Ā 

Music Mashup #23 -- Invincible: Demo Track & Final Track - Sonic 3D (Mega Drive)

MP3 download link.

Ā 

Dance eJay 2+ Mix #2 -- Dilapidated Longing

MP3 download link. There's also another MP3 download link of the beta version, for anyone interested.

Ā 

Extrarrangement #1 -- Mystic Cave Zone: 1 Player - Sonic The Hedgehog 2

MP3 download link.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having a "Dance eJay 2+ Week" from 2 to 6 December 2019 on my YouTube Channel, where I'll be premiering a new music mix every day.Ā  šŸ™‚

Ā 

Dance eJay 2+ Mix #3 -- Gems, Skulls & Death

This music mix is directly inspired by the Gem Path and Death Route music tracks from Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. Big thanks to the composers and arrangers of those tracks: Josh Mancell and Mark Mothersbaugh!

Additionally, the complete omission of Gem Path and Death Route music tracks in Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex inspired this music mix a little bit, so I put some synths/'technology-esque' samples in there, as a homage to that game's overall music style.

More credits and other information are available in the video description on YouTube.

MP3 download link. There's also another MP3 download link of the beta version, for anyone interested.

Edited by Naean

Dance eJay 2+ Mix #4 -- Funky Fightin'

This music mix is inspired by the Zone Act 1 Boss music track from Sonic The Hedgehog 3 on SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive. Big thanks to the composers and arrangers of that track!

Many thanks also to Game Genie Sokolov for providing rips of Sonic The Hedgehog 3 samples, some of which are used in this music mix! (https://ggsokolov.blogspot.com/2016/10/soundfont-sonic-3-knuckles-3d.html)

More credits and other information are available in the video description on YouTube.

MP3 download link.

Edited by Naean

Dance eJay 2+ Mix #5 -- Unsettled Scatterbrain

In this music mix, I wanted to create a song that sounds as if it's constantly at odds with itself, (representing an indecisive/conflicted person) while at the same time maintaining enough structure to be an enjoyable music track.

Ironically enough, I feel a bit conflicted myself when it comes to marking this music mix as completed, because I don't think that I executed my idea as well as I envisioned it.

Most notably, I have quite mixed feelings on the bass in this song. On the one hand, I dig its somewhat clashing nature, but another part of me feels like the pitch dissonance and note timing inconsistencies are perhaps too strong.

I don't want to leave this specific song concept unpublished on the cutting room floor, so I tried to polish things up, and eventually considered it a complete piece, or "as close to finished as it'll ever probably be".

Credits and other information are available in the video description on YouTube.

Edited by Naean

Dance eJay 2+ Mix #6 -- From Forest To Factory

This music mix aims to depict the act of a forest being destroyed in favour of building a factory in its place.

Various sections of the song are aimed to represent various actions and emotions related to this act: The initialisation of factory planning, the celebration from humans of building a new factory (among a minority of people's concerns cropping up before being quickly brushed off), wild animals reacting to forest deconstruction and dealing with the harsh reality of being driven from their once natural habitat, the sad aftermath of mostly desolate forest remains, etcetera.

I deliberately chose to use some samples which sound, and also are named, in relation to this song's topic. The general "nature versus technology" theme heavily influenced this song.

Out of all my eJay mixes to date, this is one of the most emotionally-involved songs, and is inspired by another emotion-focused eJay mix of mine: Dilapidated Longing.

Credits and other information are available in the video description on YouTube.

MP3 download link.

Edited by Naean

Dance eJay 2+ Mix #7 -- Retro Rhythms

In this music mix, I wanted to create a song with a strong nostalgic feeling, using some bass and synth samples which sound particularly retro.

Additionally, I chose to use some gritty-sounding guitar samples, to hone in on that retro sound, and give the song a primitive-recording-equipment kind of feel.

In general, this song is heavily influenced by early music production methods. To this end, I also deliberately made some sections and samples in the song significantly louder than others, adding to the scenario of a retro setting with lack of sophisticated audio balancing.

MP3 download link.

Edited by Naean

• 1 year later...

Art #101 -- Similar Differences

deb4fv1-f970dcf4-739e-4d5e-bafe-4a633fa4

A drawing that I have done on page 16 in my Daler-Rowney A4 Optima Spiral Pad.
Ā 
This piece depicts a sliced tomato, with its insides including a letter Y shape. I combined these 2 due to them both sharing 2 different debated/disagreed categories respectively: fruit or vegetable, vowel or consonant.

BIC biro pen, Derwent Academy Watercolour Pencils, Berol Colourfine and Berol Colourbroad Fibre tipped pens on cartridge paper.

Art Creation Live Stream Video Recording:

Ā 

Edited by Naean

• 3 months later...

Art #102 -- Attack Aftermath

spacer.png

Partially inspired by various artworks in the Crash Bandicootā„¢ 4: Itā€™s About Time ā€“ Official Soundtrack video on YouTube.

I did some practice / experimentation with layering in this piece.Ā  šŸ™‚

BIC blue mƩdium biro pen on wilko let's create A4 white card.

Edited by Naean

• 2 months later...

Art #103 -- Star Light Zone: Re-imagined Items

spacer.png

A drawing that I have done on page 17 in my Daler-Rowney A4 Optima Spiral Pad.

In this piece, I drew my take on some Star Light Zone items from Sonic 1. I redesigned the fire shooter and seesaw's spike ball with star-specific theming.

BIC biro pen on cartridge paper.

Edited by Naean

Art #104 -- Frozen Forest Fragment

spacer.png

A drawing that I have done on page 18 in my Daler-Rowney A4 Optima Spiral Pad.

• 3 weeks later...

Art #105 ā€” Chest Pain

spacer.png

A drawing that I have done on page 19 in my Daler-Rowney A4 Optima Spiral Pad.

• 3 months later...

Art #106 ā€” 200 Twitter Followers

spacer.png

A drawing that I have done on an individual sheet.

Berol Colourfine and Colourbroad Fibre tipped pens on wilko let's create A4 white card.

A special piece to celebrate my Twitter account passing 200 Followers.

I received quite a number of Twitter Followers from the Crash Bandicoot speedrun and CD-i communities, so I represented those in this art piece.

2 is part of a Time Trial crate, 00 use shapes and colours from Zelda: The Wand Of Gamelon and Link: The Faces Of Evil logos.

Ā 

Ā 

Art #107 ā€” Abstract-Amalgamation Island

spacer.png

BIC biro pen on wilko let's create A4 white card.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Music Mashup #24 ā€” Back 2 SimCity 4: Sonic Rush Hour

I hope that you all had a great Christmas!Ā  šŸ˜ƒ

As a gift from me to you all, I present my 24th music mashup, "Back 2 SimCity 4: Sonic Rush Hour" - a blend of SimCity 4's Rush Hour and Sonic Rush's Back 2 Back tracks:

Download its MP3 file here.

Edited by Naean (Nez Man)

• 7 months later...

From 09 August 2022, I aim to draw 1 detailed piece of art each working week day and upload the finished art piece on the same day; however, some art pieces will take more than 1 day to complete.

I aim to add each working week's art to my merch stores each weekend. Attempting to balance different work with this approach.

Daily Detailed Drawing Upload Of 09 August 2022:

Art #108 ā€” Pick-Up In Repair

spacer.png

BIC biro pen on A4 white card.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 1

Daily Detailed Drawing Upload Of 10 August 2022:

Art #109 ā€” Stripy Helicopter

spacer.png

A drawing that I have done on page 20 in my Daler-Rowney A4 Optima Spiral Pad.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 1

Daily Detailed Drawing Upload Of 11 August 2022:

Art #110 ā€” Eyebulb

spacer.png

Ā 

BIC biro pen on Ryman A5 Bright white card.

Edited by Naean

• 2 weeks later...

Daily Detailed Drawing Upload Of 20 August 2022:

Art #111 ā€” Free Speech Versus Police Suppression

spacer.png

BIC biro pen on Ryman A5 Bright white card.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

Art #112 ā€” Brain Train Of Thought

dfi0vqc-985cf721-cb79-4219-b557-30501c84

A drawing that I have done on page 21 in my Daler-Rowney A4 Optima Spiral Pad.

Edited by Naean
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/6/2023 at 4:25 PM, Naean said:

Art #112 ā€” Brain Train Of Thought

dfi0vqc-985cf721-cb79-4219-b557-30501c84

A drawing that I have done on page 21 in my Daler-Rowney A4 Optima Spiral Pad.

This is super cool! Lots of amazing little details and precise lines.

• Fist Bump 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much @Monkey Destruction Switch, glad you like it!Ā  šŸ˜ƒ

Ā 

Art #113 ā€” Sinister Skull ā€˜Nā€™ Bad Bones

dfsv0gi-5bde5efe-e5d5-474f-b3cc-4c13ca66

An art piece that I've drawn on page 22 in my Daler-Rowney A4 Optima Spiral Pad.

Ā 

Edited by Naean

• 6 months later...

Art #114 ā€” Bling Bird Head

dgdml20-9ebdac63-da72-40d5-af3f-e358e6c5

An art piece that I've drawn on page 23 in my Daler-Rowney A4 Optima Spiral Pad.

Edited by Naean