Awoo.

Can we have a Sub-forum only for IDW's HQs & Archie's? Please?

Cakito

Hello, sorry if a topic like this already exists. But I searched and did not find anything, so ...  Just some constructive criticism!  :)

The main topic to talk about Archie's Sonic already has more than 1,200 pages, and IDw's got 240 pages already. There are a lot of people chatting there, and I think that's enough for a sub-forum to be born. Within the same 2 topics, there are (for sure) more than four hundred different discussions about different things - and it really sucks to have to read all the pages trying to find a discussion that I'm interested in reading and participating in. And when I do find one, the discussion is already over and everyone is already talking about something else lol 

The thing is, I'm missing a sub-forum dedicated to only IDW's Sonic, where each person can start their own specific topic and multiple discussions and conversations can happen at the same time, rather than one at a time in a messy way.

• Nice Smile 1

Members are free to make additional topics on IDW and other spin-off media without the need for subforums. The megathreads are more of a central hub for people to gravitate towards for general discussion, rather than a strict guideline. The only exception to this rule is Sonic 2006, since a lot of stupid fanwankery has occurred in the past involving this game.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

I expressed my desire for a subforum when Archie was still going and, honestly, I still want one for IDW (or even Sonic comics in general).

It's just, with megathreads it's kinda of hard to start conversations without derailing another, you know?

Subforums could allow for individual spoiler threads for new issues (i.e. "IDW Sonic the Hedgehog #1 Discussion (UNTAGGED SPOILERS)", followed by a similar thread for issue 2, and so on). It worked for the Bumbleking forums back in the day, so why shouldn't it work here?

I just generally feel it'd make it easier to access specific conversations imo.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 2

5 hours ago, Sean said:

Members are free to make additional topics on IDW and other spin-off media without the need for subforums. The megathreads are more of a central hub for people to gravitate towards for general discussion, rather than a strict guideline. The only exception to this rule is Sonic 2006, since a lot of stupid fanwankery has occurred in the past involving this game.

I don't find sub-forums very positive because they can end up segregating people to just where they want to be, and they end up not seeing other topics from other sub-forums where they are not accustomed to go. But inside the "Green Hill" session, there is a sub forum for SAGE, and literally, the rest of the series's universe is shoehorned into that session.

I'm relatively new here, I've been browsing this forum for less than four months (I think) and honestly, I've been avoiding the "Green Hill" session because it simply looks like a complete mess. Many subjects that I have been interested in reading and talking about are thrown around in the same space, and I drifted away from that session simply because of this lack of organization.

The Sonic series is not made only of games, so I think there should be at least one "Movies / Comics / Cartoon" section separate from the Games one, because these three universes are actually just as big as the Sonic's games universe. 

4 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I expressed my desire for a subforum when Archie was still going and, honestly, I still want one for IDW (or even Sonic comics in general).

It's just, with megathreads it's kinda of hard to start conversations without derailing another, you know?

Subforums could allow for individual spoiler threads for new issues (i.e. "IDW Sonic the Hedgehog #1 Discussion (UNTAGGED SPOILERS)", followed by a similar thread for issue 2, and so on). It worked for the Bumbleking forums back in the day, so why shouldn't it work here?

I just generally feel it'd make it easier to access specific conversations imo.

Exactly how I feel. That's the main point of me asking this, too.

• Nice Smile 1