Awoo.

Should Sticks join Main universe?

MetalSkulkBane

I would not mind Sticks jumping ship into the modern universe. Frankly I think she's a pretty harmless addition (unlike Shadow or Silver, for whom a lot of compromises where made to Sonic's world in order to accomodate their backstories for their respective debuts) and while her characterization might have to be adapted to the tone of the main modern universe (which often not tends to change on the whims of the ST staff as they embrace whatever trend is popular at the moment), I think her core character as someone who is socially ackward (not as a result of being your typical introvert character, but rather because of how she simply comes off as blunt or unrefined) could be retained. Also, while not the ideal friend for Amy IMO, she'd be a step up from Cream as Sticks actually has a distinct personality, while at the same time serving to show Amy's compassion by befriending someone weird that she is ready to help and defend.

Also I really don't see how Sticks would be taking away from Knuckles when this character simply has nothing defined and seems to be whatever marketing needs him to be: he's supposed to be the guardian of the ME but is perfectly OK to leave his post in order to show up next to Sonic and Tails as bait for boosting sales. He's supposed to be a rival for Sonic but they often portray him more as a friend... without a credible motivation to be one while on the other hand, despite being this supposedly friend as per the "trio" thing, he will antagonize Sonic about how he could do so much better or pick a fight with him to play the shounen aspect. He's this guy who one moments chuckles like in the old days and other times he's all serious with crossed arms ala Shadow because it makes the character look "badass".

Again, what exactly would Sticks be taking away from this mess of a character?

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Okay. Do you just say these kinds of things to get a rise out of people here?

Which is completely disregarding the fact that Knuckles in Boom doesn’t have his guardian angle there. Never mind that the conspiracy theory survivalist is Sticks primary character. 

Which, to be fair, is really just a more modern/topical presentation of her innate paranoia about modern technology.

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

She's incredibly skilled at hand crafting weapons. She's been established to be pretty keen at hand-to-hand combat, and she's awfully resourceful to boot. She has no less than her trusty boomerang, a crossbow, a slingshot, nunchucks, a net, a bo staff, a club and giant metal mace.

I know. And I at least remember the net and the staff in addition to the boomerang, but a cross bow and friggin nunchucks?  A rewatch of a number of episodes seems to be necessary, it seems.

1 hour ago, Almar said:

He was wild/isolated enough in the Genesis to Adventure days (setting traps, giggling like a hyena, naive enough to trust Eggman, a cut comment on his distate for Station Square). Even if that aspect of him has been played down nowadays.

When I hear of a character who is "wild," I don't just think of living in jungles and having survivalist skills--I also think of fashioning tools and weapons by hand, having little qualms about being dirty, and having styles of combat that take less from your standard martial arts or boxing in lieu of something that can fend off or even kill wild beasts that are instinctively built for tracking and mauling.

Knuckles might also be a nature person who spent much of his life alone, but honestly, so is Sonic. And he's never been depicted as being that much less "civilized." In fact, his island contains machinery and locales in addition to said traps being beyond what you're typical wild person uses.

Plus, Big is also technically more wild than Knuckles.

17 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

I would not mind Sticks jumping ship into the modern universe. Frankly I think she's a pretty harmless addition (unlike Shadow or Silver, for whom a lot of compromises where made to Sonic's world in order to accomodate their backstories for their respective debuts) and while her characterization might have to be adapted to the tone of the main modern universe (which often not tends to change on the whims of the ST staff as they embrace whatever trend is popular at the moment), I think her core character as someone who is socially ackward (not as a result of being your typical introvert character, but rather because of how she simply comes off as blunt or unrefined) could be retained. Also, while not the ideal friend for Amy IMO, she'd be a step up from Cream as Sticks actually has a distinct personality, while at the same time serving to show Amy's compassion by befriending someone weird that she is ready to help and defend.

Also I really don't see how Sticks would be taking away from Knuckles when this character simply has nothing defined and seems to be whatever marketing needs him to be: he's supposed to be the guardian of the ME but is perfectly OK to leave his post in order to show up next to Sonic and Tails as bait for boosting sales. He's supposed to be a rival for Sonic but they often portray him more as a friend... without a credible motivation to be one while on the other hand, despite being this supposedly friend as per the "trio" thing, he will antagonize Sonic about how he could do so much better or pick a fight with him to play the shounen aspect. He's this guy who one moments chuckles like in the old days and other times he's all serious with crossed arms ala Shadow because it makes the character look "badass".

Again, what exactly would Sticks be taking away from this mess of a character?

Wow, someone's got some grudges.

But it's interesting you make those points since one of the reasons I want to see Sticks get more access with the Main series cast is because I'd like to see her interact with Proper Cream and Rough Knuckles.

And Boom!Knuckles for the matter, but that's something for Boom's Possible Third Season to catch up on.