Awoo.

A theory about the Time Eater

MrKnifeGod

So we all know the Time Eater was trapping Sonic's friends in these old levels from the past, and one of those levels was Crisis City. So, I'm thinking,  did the Time Eater somehow bring the '06 timeline back? It blows your mind being in a city again from a timeline that was supposed to be erased/retconned. It's a stretch, but time and space in Sonic is trippy.

Ummm, probably yes.

...somehow I don't expect a long discussion from this. Aside for mandatory people saying "no it's just Sega not giving a damn"

Well...yes? A piece of it, at least. There isn't anywhere else that it could've come from, after all.

It brought Crisis City back apparently, yes. But that game's plot makes so little sense, especially after "yoU'RE THAT SONIC FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION" and was so dull in execution that I'd rather not think about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm assuming the Time Eater can screw around with space and time sufficiently to reach into any timeline that Sonic's ever been in, even erased ones. Since the whole entity's a walking timeline screw-up anyway (and may well have inadvertantly birthed the alternate 'Classic Sonic' dimension that Mania exists in), I'm not too surprised that it can interact with things outside of a linear timeline.

That's essentially what happened. Apparently, Blaze seems to remember/know something about it.

Say, wouldn't a thread dedicated to theories in general be convenient?

• Thumbs Up 1

What if... Time Eater´s primordial form as discovered by Eggman after the events of Sonic Colors was a creature like Solaris flame (his primordial form) but in other part of the universe ? This is at least my headcanon.

I mean, it would have had to have done so. I don't quite understand how but I feel like the game was mostly concerned with fitting all this stuff into it in a meta sense rather than making sure it made any real sense in the context of the story and world. 

Granted, a good story would take aims to make both work if it really wanted to but, hey, what'cha gonna do?

1 hour ago, superman43 said:

What if... Time Eater´s primordial form as discovered by Eggman after the events of Sonic Colors was a creature like Solaris flame (his primordial form) but in other part of the universe ? This is at least my headcanon.

Mr. Flynn had the theory that it was what's left of Mephiles.

Personally, I thought it was the result of the Nega Wisp Mind Control Cannon backfiring and skeetin on the moon.

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Mr. Flynn had the theory that it was what's left of Mephiles.

Personally, I thought it was the result of the Nega Wisp Mind Control Cannon backfiring and skeetin on the moon.

You know Sonic 06 last story and the Sonic Generations story are kind of similar. Going through levels you already went in, eating-up dimensions thing and also a final boss, a bit. The only thing different is: no one remembers the former (and in that way no one remembers the whole 06) and EVERYONE remembers the latter, while there is a reason not to remember both adventures.

Don't you remember? Every level in Sonic Generations as well as Classic Sonic himself was a creation of the Phantom Ruby. The same goes for absolutely everything in Sonic 4 and Sonic Mania. Time Eater was a manifestation of Eggman's desire to retry his past failures, which the Phantom created. :P

When you begin Sonic Generations, what is happening? Classic Sonic and the Green Hill Zone of his world are in the process of being created.

EDIT: I mean... if Classic Sonic was just a past version that split into a different dimension after Generations happened, then how do we explain Mighty and Ray suddenly existing now in the Rubyverse but not the main one?

13 hours ago, superman43 said:

You know Sonic 06 last story and the Sonic Generations story are kind of similar. Going through levels you already went in, eating-up dimensions thing and also a final boss, a bit. The only thing different is: no one remembers the former (and in that way no one remembers the whole 06) and EVERYONE remembers the latter, while there is a reason not to remember both adventures.

Both stories have world destroying time monster defeated by Super Sonic. That's ONLY way they similar.

Different protagonists, different rule of time travel, different, setting, different tone, different twists.

7 hours ago, BaronGrackle said:

EDIT: I mean... if Classic Sonic was just a past version that split into a different dimension after Generations happened, then how do we explain Mighty and Ray suddenly existing now in the Rubyverse but not the main one?

Because Mighty likes to travel.