Awoo.

Am I the only one who hates how Sonic Team embraces their Memes?

Artsy-Aspie

I will say, that while I love the streams they do every 2 weeks, if we're talking specifically about the memes alone, I'll admit to not finding them funny most of the time, especially if they're repeated too often. I don't go out looking through their twitter for them or anything, but when I come across something super ridiculous that kind of oversteps the boundaries a bit too much for my taste, I do find it a tad annoying.

I know it's April Fools and all that but seeing all the Sanic shit on the SEGA Shop today was... just a bit much. 

Just a bit. I'm not angry but... 

Just a bit... much...

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Mania happened because the Genesis Sonics were, overall, polished, well designed, and incredibly fun games and their gameplay style is still solid enough to be valuable. The Adventures, while a good number of people have fond memories of them (myself included), are incredibly dated games. Their gameplay simply isn't up to modern standards, and for reasons deeper than their bugs and lack of polish. And this series needs to do better than just trying to polish dated gameplay because Adventure fans feel like they're owed something.

I dunno. It is in my personal belief that neither the Adenture Or The current state of Genesis style games in the same exact vein like Mania is up to modern standards. It’s only acceptable/profitable because it’s of a familar territory that fundamentally works(specifically mechanically and it in does  wonderfully executed manner) for many users who pick up Sonic and not because it’s been improved for today’s modern standard.

The quality range is quite wide, and some of the popular ones are very surprising to me. I can tolerate the public love for Sanic, but to have it acknowledge in the games is a little...

I mean I'm sure playable Sanic is easy to do in Mania and lot of people would like it, but sometimes it's okay to not please everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not really them embracing the memes that bothers me, but the fact that they do so little to improve the series on top of that. The social media division and development division however are not the same entity. Just wish they'd put more effort into greenlighting good game design as much as the to others do retweeting Sanics and interacting with fans..

• Thumbs Up 3

All I'll say is: whenever I go the official Sonic FB page, I feel like it's the page of a meme loving teenager that I'd rather not have anything to do with, which makes me question why I came to this page again. If that was their goal, then congrats, they nailed it.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'll also add that I have no problem with the Sonic FB page wanting to be humourous, nothing wrong with that. I don't want it to become a boring, corporate feeling page. But this style of "humour" is very bland, immature and childish IMO, lacking any kind of wit or real creativity.

So in that aspect, it goes perfectly well with the recent games.

Honestly, I'm beyond tired of the memes. Sure they were cute at first, but now it just stale and overdone.

Literally most if not all the comments in every official Sonic vid are full of meme shart posts. It just makes the fandom look like a degenerate mess that can only be entertained with constant jokes about how "terrible" the brand is compared to "the classics." Heaven forbid they actually enjoy the series they became a fan of, instead of bandwagoning on every current joke of the week.

Sanic, Snooping as usual, Ugandan Knuckles... enough already.

1 hour ago, Austroid said:

Honestly, I'm beyond tired of the memes. Sure they were cute at first, but now it just stale and overdone.

Literally most if not all the comments in every official Sonic vid are full of meme shart posts. It just makes the fandom look like a degenerate mess that can only be entertained with constant jokes about how "terrible" the brand is compared to "the classics." Heaven forbid they actually enjoy the series they became a fan of, instead of bandwagoning on every current joke of the week.

Sanic, Snooping as usual, Ugandan Knuckles... enough already.

I think your overall perception and opinion here is reasonable but I won't stand for pingas being grouped with overdone Sanic and unfunny Ugandan Knuckles.  Pingas was around before "meme" was even a word most would use to describe what pingas is.  Pingas is innocent.  An original, a classic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1