Awoo.

Character and Circuit Discussion for Team Sonic Racing 🏁

jgcatindig

Dare one suggest, then, a Chao Garden to breed equippable Chao with stat-enhancing effects...?  Highly dubious, but it is true that there are a lot of ideas from Sonic which you could potentially translate over to racing power-ups.  I could definitely see Wisps appearing, as they appear to be a significant part of the modern Modern branding for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, FFWF said:

Dare one suggest, then, a Chao Garden to breed equippable Chao with stat-enhancing effects...?  Highly dubious, but it is true that there are a lot of ideas from Sonic which you could potentially translate over to racing power-ups.  I could definitely see Wisps appearing, as they appear to be a significant part of the modern Modern branding for some reason.

Hmm... If we were to go with that,  do it like how PvZ 2 does it,  with a random Chao being acquired by racers random times in a match,  in random circumstances. You would have to pick it up like an item,  but won't be in an item box. Then you would determine what type your Chao is upon arriving in the Garden. When fully grown, you can allocate that Chao to accompany a racer for a boost in stats,  depending on what type you choose for the racer.  Somebody search up the Chao types?  Doing something atm. 

And you can reallocate Chao at will. Racers can only have 2 Chao max. 

Highly doubt any stat enhancing items will be given. Outside maybe change parts like in mk maybe. But no need to try and make this a SA type racer with worry of raising a stat boosting chai.

Lately I've been thinking that all chaotix together and interacting in only one car would be more fun than all of them in different cars! 

*Player gets hit*
"Charmy (angry): Vector!!!
Vector: Not my fault!
Espio: Quiet!"

*race starts*
"Charmy: Oh yea, It's time for rock'n'roll!
Espio: roger!"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Neh,  I'd rather give them different karts and get it on with friends and rivals alike. 

14 hours ago, Cakito said:

*Player gets hit*
"Charmy (angry): Vector!!!
Vector: Not my fault!
Espio: Quiet!"

*race starts*
"Charmy: Oh yea, It's time for rock'n'roll!
Espio: roger!"

Speaking of interactions I am envisioning a few... 

Sonic passing Tails: Keep up bud! 

Tails passing Sonic: You may be faster on foot,  but I'm still the best mechanic! 

Knuckles passing Sonic: Who's faster now?

Sonic passing Knuckles: Ha!  Knucklehead!

Tails passing Rouge: Spy against boy wonder. Guess I win. 

Rouge passing Knuckles/Shadow: See ya later. (flirtatiously) Hehehe!

Shadow passing Sonic: Heh,  who's the fake again? 

Sonic passing Shadow: Natural speed over artificial speed anyday! 

Amy passing Sonic: Hey Soooonic!

Sonic passing Amy: Sorry,  gotta go! 

Infinite passing Shadow: Payback. 

Shadow passing Infinite: Weakling. 

Infinite passing Resistance(Sonic/Knuckles/etc): Mewling fools. 

Eggman passing Resistance: Wahahaha!  Victory is mine! 

Suggest more if you like. ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I don't think they'd go the route of specific taunts for certain parameters concerning certain characters being involved, at least not in-race. That'd be quite demanding for the game to try and carry out correctly. 

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

I don't think they'd go the route of specific taunts for certain parameters concerning certain characters being involved, at least not in-race. That'd be quite demanding for the game to try and carry out correctly. 

Well,  they could ask Blizzard for help?. 

Jokes aside,  I think you bring a fair point. Maybe limit the voicework to results? An example would be:

Sonic victory: Aw-right! (Spin jumps from car ala All-Stars)

Sonic podium: Alright! 

Sonic 4th-7th: Oh well. 

Sonic 8th-Last: Oh boy! Welp,  on to the next one. 

More roster ideas, this time divided in unlocking categories:

Main Starters - Sonic | Tails | Knuckles | Amy | Dr. Eggman | Shadow | Metal Sonic | Vector | Blaze | Silver

Likely Starters - Charmy | Espio | Cream & Cheese | Big | Rouge | Omega

"I'd love if they were added" Starters - Sticks | Customizable Avatar | Infinite | Jet | Wave | Storm | Super Sonic

"Forgotten but possible" Unlockables - Trio of Chao | Orbot & Cubot | Zavok | Zazz | Chaos | Tikal

"Since this is R-related" Unlockables - Tails Doll | Metal Knuckles

"To help promote Mania Plus" Unlockables - Classic Sonic | Classic Tails | Classic Knuckles | Classic Robotnik | Fang | Mighty | 

Ray | Heavy Gunner | Heavy Rider | Heavy King 

If you try to count them, it's basically 40 characters plus the Avatar, I know it's asking for a lot, definitely not expecting all of these people, but yeah, these are the "candidates".

I believe all of them would fit in a racing game, as I said in the other thread, Sticks as the only one from Boom, Infinite and the Avatar from Forces, Tails Doll and Metal Knuckles are possible since they teased the R and they are already bringing back various forgotten characters, plus Super Sonic as a separate character like in R, the Babylon Rogues obviously are always in racing spin-offs, and a bunch of people from Sonic Mania would be great, actually, having the classic versions would also fit into the "Mario Kart Style Unlockables", I think. Bonus: Orbot & Cubot as a duo, that would be nice to see, they were sort of playable in Lost World in that minigame, they would fit well here. I left out Classic Amy because she is not in Mania, I guess, but she's possible too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd rather Super Sonic be Sonic's All Star,  and same goes for the other S's, Shadow and Silver. 

How da fuq would you put Chaos in a kart/make him a kart? ?

I wonder, what if we do get Babylon Rouges but still in Extreme Gear against karts brought by Sonic an co? 

3 hours ago, Jack the Maniac said:

More roster ideas, this time divided in unlocking categories:

Main Starters - Sonic | Tails | Knuckles | Amy | Dr. Eggman | Shadow | Metal Sonic | Vector | Blaze | Silver

Likely Starters - Charmy | Espio | Cream & Cheese | Big | Rouge | Omega

"I'd love if they were added" Starters - Sticks | Customizable Avatar | Infinite | Jet | Wave | Storm | Super Sonic

"Forgotten but possible" Unlockables - Trio of Chao | Orbot & Cubot | Zavok | Zazz | Chaos | Tikal

"Since this is R-related" Unlockables - Tails Doll | Metal Knuckles

"To help promote Mania Plus" Unlockables - Classic Sonic | Classic Tails | Classic Knuckles | Classic Robotnik | Fang | Mighty | 

Ray | Heavy Gunner | Heavy Rider | Heavy King 

If you try to count them, it's basically 40 characters plus the Avatar, I know it's asking for a lot, definitely not expecting all of these people, but yeah, these are the "candidates".

I believe all of them would fit in a racing game, as I said in the other thread, Sticks as the only one from Boom, Infinite and the Avatar from Forces, Tails Doll and Metal Knuckles are possible since they teased the R and they are already bringing back various forgotten characters, plus Super Sonic as a separate character like in R, the Babylon Rogues obviously are always in racing spin-offs, and a bunch of people from Sonic Mania would be great, actually, having the classic versions would also fit into the "Mario Kart Style Unlockables", I think. Bonus: Orbot & Cubot as a duo, that would be nice to see, they were sort of playable in Lost World in that minigame, they would fit well here. I left out Classic Amy because she is not in Mania, I guess, but she's possible too.

Replace Orbot and Cubot with

Tangle - “Comic Book Promotion unlockable/DLC”. Maybe Rough and Tumble too? Or heck, include an Archie character as an “Archie Comic Memorial DLC”.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, gang, super awesome idea time:

Mystic Cave Zone stage

Featuring a spiked bit that if you fall in, you cannot drive out of until everyone else has finished and the race is over

• My Emmerdoods 1
  • Way Past Cool 2

11 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Replace Orbot and Cubot with

Tangle - “Comic Book Promotion unlockable/DLC”. Maybe Rough and Tumble too? Or heck, include an Archie character as an “Archie Comic Memorial DLC”.

On board with that!  Even if it just Sally. 

• Fist Bump 1

I definitely think they'd add some Mania characters to the roster after the great reception the game got and the announcement of Mania Plus, I also think they'd include every character from the Sonic Forces Speed Battle roster too

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

Now that we expressed our views on the roster and tracks,  All Star theme discussion maybe? 

I think people might have too much optimism on the roster count. I'd say around twenty would be a realistic maximum. So, I think it's pretty safe to guess the roster:

Certain: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman

Very likely: Shadow, Metal Sonic, Classic Sonic

Probably: Charmy, Omega, Silver, Espio, Rouge, Vector

Possible: Blaze, Cream, Chaos, Zavok, Zazz

Very unlikely, but possible due to the Sonic 'R' reference: Tails Doll,  Metal Knuckles

• 1 month later...
On 4/5/2018 at 2:15 PM, jgcatindig said:

And another thing: Powerups. 

They will be now Wisps,  now that this is not the All-Stars series.  Also,  items from the Classic games will share the stage with the Wisps.  Powers are as follows:

Rocket : Boost

Burst : Detonates in an area around you

Cube: Creates roadblocks for surrounding opponents.

Lightning: Homes in on the nearest-placed enemy ahead. 

Lazer: Cuts thru curves super-fast

Asteroid: Shields you from attacks and knocks away any surrounding racers.

Hover: Lifts thru ciruit boundaries and opponents for a short time

Void: Eats thru obstacles for a short time. Obstacles come back after a lap. 

On 4/22/2018 at 1:22 PM, Plasme said:

I think people might have too much optimism on the roster count. I'd say around twenty would be a realistic maximum. So, I think it's pretty safe to guess the roster:

Certain: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman

Very likely: Shadow, Metal Sonic, Classic Sonic

Probably: Charmy, Omega, Silver, Espio, Rouge, Vector

Possible: Blaze, Cream, Chaos, Zavok, Zazz

Very unlikely, but possible due to the Sonic 'R' reference: Tails Doll,  Metal Knuckles

It appears that the characters are in trios based off of teams, so I could see Classic Tails, Knuckles, Mighty, or Ray along with Classic Sonic

I suspect the Egg Pawn seen in screenshots is just an opponent in the story mode rather than playable. I also have the impression the 15 is just the base roster with more to unlock, and perhaps even more on top of that to download. And I do suspect at least one newcomer to the franchise as a playable racer on top of that mysterious fat dude with the Ruby. Whether they’ll be liked or disliked depends on their design and whether or not they snub existing characters from the roster.

It looks like there's one or two other badniks in karts to the left and right of the Egg Pawn as well in that screenshot. Hard to tell at the moment if those (Egg Pawn included) are playable racers or moving "obstacles".

Honestly, the idea of an Egg Pawn being playable doesn't bother me on it's own; just if it's taking a slot in a limited roster. Hopefully the 15 is a base roster that leaves room for unlockables (preferable) or DLC (ugh to possible deal breaker). 

• Thumbs Up 1

Team Sonic: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles

Team Rose: Amy, Cream, ____ could be Big, could be Silver, could be Blaze

Team Dark: Shadow, Rouge, Omega

TEAM CHAOTIX WE'RE DETECTIVES YOU WANT ON YA SIIIIIDEEE: Vector, Charmy, Espio

Team ROBOTNIK ROBOTNINK RAH RAH RAH: Eggman, Egg Pawn, Metal Sonic

Team DLC Pack 1: Classic Sonic, Classic Tails, Classic Knuckles

Team DLC Pack 2: Classic Eggman, Infinite, Zavok

Now that we know that its basically Heroes but racing team based gameplay, I can see the teams as:

Team Obvious Heroes Sonic:

Sonic(Speed), Tails(Tech), Knux(Power)

Team Dark:

Shadow, Rouge, Omega

Team Chaotix:

Espio, Charmy, Vector

Team Rose:

Amy, Cream, Big

or

Amy, Cream, Blaze

Team Empire:

Metal Sonic, Infinite, Eggman

or

Team Illusion:

Metal Sonic, Infinite, Zavok

UNLOCKABLES(not DLC), may possibly cameo in story mode:

Team Dimension:

Silver, Blaze, Marine

Team Deadly 6:

Zazz,  Zeena,  Zavok

DLC Teams:

Team Hooligan:

Nack, Bean, Bark

Team Destructix:(if KP dosen't interfere) 

Scourge,  Fiona, Sgt.  Simian

Team Freedom:

Sally,  Antoine,  Bunnie

Team Babylon:

Jet,  Wave,  Storm

Team Mania:

Classic Sonic,  Ray,  Mighty

Team Heavies:

Heavy Rider,  Heavy Blaster,  Heavy King

Team Human:

Princess Elise,  Professor Pickle, GUN Commander

Team Evil Celestial:

Mephiles(crystal form), Emerl(overloaded), Chaos Zero

Epic reskins:

Classic Sonic=Sonic

Classic Tails=Tails

Classic Knux=Knuckles

Mephiles(Shadow form)=Shadow

Metal Sonic 2.0=Metal Sonic

Rosy the Rascal(evil version) =Amy(altered voicelines)

Classic Rosy =Amy

Sticks=Cream(altered voicelines)

Miles(evil version)=Tails

Scourge=Sonic

O'Knux=Knuckles

Edited by jgcatindig
More content

I would honestly hope the teams arn't "set" per say and you were free to mix and match characters as you see fit. Make a team of all speed guys and see what happens.

Now I wonder if the mysterious fat guy is playable or just a boss battle in the game. And I also definitely want Tangle in the game to promote the comic book.

Tangle is barely in one issue, for now, there isn't much to promote, she's not important enough.