Awoo.

Character and Circuit Discussion for Team Sonic Racing 🏁

jgcatindig

8 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Something just came to mind: you can race without the Team Mechanic, right?

Apparently yeah. I think Aaron confirmed it in an interview at E3. And in a Famitsu issue.

6 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Apparently yeah. I think Aaron confirmed it in an interview at E3. And in a Famitsu issue.

And do the characters have special voice clips for specific teammates/opponents?

I really do wonder what the comic's explanation for Silver and Blaze getting with Vector is and somehow letting him actually be so arrogant and to follow him under that stupid team name, no less.

I mean, I guess that, in character, Silver and Blaze are very focused on the task at hand and literally could care less for menial BS, but still... I'd want them to at least call him out on it.

On 2/10/2019 at 5:49 PM, DabigRG said:

And do the characters have special voice clips for specific teammates/opponents?

Something was mentioned a while ago about characters having excessive lines of dialogue in this game. It'll most likely be so that they can combine clips. E.g...

Clip1: Thanks for the boost <clip 2>!

Clip2: <name>.

There'll be several recordings of each character saying every other name with a bunch of different inflections.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, one thing I'm curious to hear are the interactions Eggman has with everybody else hahaha

*Eggman sends power-up to Sonic*

Sonic: thanks.. but no thanks Doc.

Also, is there friendly fire in this game?

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Something was mentioned a while ago about characters having excessive lines of dialogue in this game. It'll most likely be so that they can combine clips. E.g...

Clip1: Thanks for the boost <clip 2>!

Clip2: <name>.

There'll be several recordings of each character saying every other name with a bunch of different inflections.

Yeah, that is more likely.

6 hours ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

I really do wonder what the comic's explanation for Silver and Blaze getting with Vector is and somehow letting him actually be so arrogant and to follow him under that stupid team name, no less.

I mean, I guess that, in character, Silver and Blaze are very focused on the task at hand and literally could care less for menial BS, but still... I'd want them to at least call him out on it.

Oh, we got another one.

Shouldnt dodonpa just do it? He's kinda already the moderator, might as well officiate too

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/8/2018 at 8:59 AM, Jack the Shadow said:

"Forgotten but possible" Unlockables - Trio of Chao | Orbot & Cubot | Zavok | Zazz | Chaos | Tikal

To think someone actually called those two

22 hours ago, Foxthefox1000 said:

Cream has been a referee for sone events before, so I wouldn't be surprised if she's the flag girl.

I would be.

If someone over there tried to make her a flag girl, someone else would probably look at it and go, "who the hell is THAT? Get it off screen!"

8 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

To think someone actually called those two

Yeah but in that post I think I mentioned basically everyone so I had to call somebody. However, I think I was the only one who 2 years ago believed in a possible sequel to ASRT, in fact I made a possible roster in another forum, and yes besides Vector, Silver and Blaze and the return of Big, I had mentioned the 3 Chao (sans Omochao) in a car, 2 years ago, though I thought it would be a Sega crossover, I called the Chao!

On 2/16/2019 at 2:36 AM, DabigRG said:

Another thing that crossed my mind: has there been a flag girl/man?

Guys I solved this mystery of the flagman! I was watching RidersDX latest video and in the old footage you can see the flagman. No joke, watch it if you don't believe me.

On 2/16/2019 at 7:39 AM, Foxthefox1000 said:

Cream has been a referee for sone events before, so I wouldn't be surprised if she's the flag girl.

Nope

On 2/16/2019 at 10:50 AM, VEDJ-F said:

I don't think they'll have a flag bearer for this one. 

Wrong again.

On 2/16/2019 at 11:05 PM, Celestia said:

NiGHTS should be the flag bearer again, obviously.

Agreed but sadly it's not the case.

On 2/16/2019 at 11:55 PM, Sega DogTagz said:

Shouldnt dodonpa just do it? He's kinda already the moderator, might as well officiate too

Ding ding! Correct answer... also it was predictable, it's Dodonpa, you can clearly see his spiked red Egg mobile in Wisp Circuit, at the beginning near a monitor.

34 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Guys I solved this mystery of the flagman! I was watching RidersDX latest video and in the old footage you can see the flagman. No joke, watch it if you don't believe me.

Link, timestamp and more detail, please?

I'll help with one of those things, but fuck if I'm going to watch a 12 minute video of jumbled footage video to see what you're on about.

1 hour ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Ding ding! Correct answer... also it was predictable, it's Dodonpa, you can clearly see his spiked red Egg mobile in Wisp Circuit, at the beginning near a monitor.

Oh is it? EDIT: I thought that channel already did a video on Zavok?

Yeah, it kinda was in hindsight.

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

Link, timestamp and more detail, please?

I'll help with one of those things, but fuck if I'm going to watch a 12 minute video of jumbled footage video to see what you're on about.

Foq, man, Zavok like to scare me when I scrolled down.

28 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

In any case, I knew they weren't going to use the flag bearer for fanservice. 

Yeah and they weren't gonna have an established character there neither.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:14 AM, DabigRG said:

Yeah and they weren't gonna have an established character there neither.

What if after beating the game and revealing Dodonpa’s true nature, you could unlock established characters to serve that role? 

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

What if after beating the game and revealing Dodonpa’s true nature, you could unlock established characters to serve that role? 

That would be an odd to have to unlock. Makes more sense as something for outside of story mode.

Also, I was channeling Cubot there.

I really hope the SXSW panel gives us a decent amount of tracks to look at. We have the music for several of them, now is the time to see them in action. We see the tracks, we can see what possible links might be there for grouping them into threes. And if we could get the third track linked with the two Seaside Hills, that'd be great. But let it be something original and not another returning track.