Awoo.

Character and Circuit Discussion for Team Sonic Racing 🏁

jgcatindig

I still hope for new releases-posts later down the road. Didn't a Sumo Digital epmployee post around here on occasion during Transformed's development?

Β 

I wonder if Babylon Rouges will be in the game.

Considering that they pretty much racing-exclusive, but also gear-riders, both options are kinda sad.

• Thumbs Up 2

On June 9, 2018 at 8:54 PM, VEDJ-F said:

TSR wouldn't have that issue at least, it's just how strict Sonic Team want the team boundaries followed.Β 

This is what bothers me, since in previousΒ racing games Amy was among the first characters to be announced, and ever since ST started to push thisΒ Sonic/Tails/Knuckles trio quite aggressively, I feel that Amy not being featured or announced yet comes asΒ a direct result of it, along with this ridiculous fixation of grouping everyone in sets of three that will obviously exclude the one character that didn't appear on the Genesis trilogy.

From the trailer it seems we’ll be driving over Spagonia. Nice to see human stuff back. Stuff Dissected honestly did not expect human world tracks in the game, nor did they expect anything based on past racers other than the ASR games. But that big β€œR” has to mean something.Β 

Β 

And also, every all-Sonic racer so far since Drift 2 has had new tracks not based on extant stages. Still curious as to whether it is the same here or not.Β 

The R button probably is just a throwback, nothing more.Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I wonder if Babylon Rouges will be in the game.

Considering that they pretty much racing-exclusive, but also gear-riders, both options are kinda sad.

The roster is too tight for it. If we had 18 characters, I'd say they were a lock. They'd have to break the team dynamic to include them. Which I think is maybe possible, given I doubt Cream will be driving a car. Same with Charmy. I can maybe see Team Rose/Chaotix be two members each instead of three, and the third one gets replaced (Blaze for Rose and Silver for Chaotix if this kinda situation happened).

Jet could be possiblyΒ a standalone in this specific instance. But the odds don't seem to be in his favor.

29 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

given I doubt Cream will be driving a car.

This line of thinking strikes me as odd, because why wouldΒ driving a car be any "worse" than riding a hoverboard? Or messing with the fundamental properties of gravity while riding said hoverboard?

1 hour ago, JaidynReiman said:

The roster is too tight for it. If we had 18 characters, I'd say they were a lock. They'd have to break the team dynamic to include them. Which I think is maybe possible, given I doubt Cream will be driving a car. Same with Charmy. I can maybe see Team Rose/Chaotix be two members each instead of three, and the third one gets replaced (Blaze for Rose and Silver for Chaotix if this kinda situation happened).

Jet could be possiblyΒ a standalone in this specific instance. But the odds don't seem to be in his favor.

I don't think the Babylon Rogues have a chance. Not even Jet.Β 

I'm only uncertain about Cream because I can see them going with Blaze and Silver over her since they're more popular. They've been light on using Cream for anything recently.Β 

It's got nothing to do with her driving a car. They don't care. Especially if her appearances in those Riders games are an indication. Unless... somehow hoverboards, despite being more dangerous and X-treme, are less permissible than a car.Β 

I can see Team Rose being interchangeable since that's kind of what Team Rose is. It's Amy Rose and... whoever decides to tag along with her that day.

Team Chaotix kind of isn't though. Either they're all there togetherΒ or they're not in the game at all... or Vector is on Team Rose again, I guess. Team Chaotix is the one that's going to feel weird and random as fuck if anyone gets replaced. It's gonna feel like an obvious appeal to popularity if Silver was just shoved into Charmy's spot. No matter what the story said it'd just stick out like a sore thumb. I'm not even really saying this just because I'm a fan of the Chaotix either. Out of all the teams, they're the ones that make the least sense to mess around with.Β 

1 hour ago, Edward850 said:

This line of thinking strikes me as odd, because why wouldΒ driving a car be any "worse" than riding a hoverboard? Or messing with the fundamental properties of gravity while riding said hoverboard?

We talked about this one or two pages back actually. And yeah, to reiterate, it doesn't matter.

Charmy was at the front lines of a war in Forces. Cream was riding hoverboards in all the Riders games. Tails is 8. That's technically older than Charmy and Cream but not by much.

Age is kind of a silly thing to be worried about with this series.Β 

• Thumbs Up 5

5 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

It's gonna feel like an obvious appeal to popularity if Silver was just shoved into Charmy's spot.

Only reason I feel like its even a slim possibility is because Silver has already teamed up with Espio in a past game.

Β 

I'm pretty much just assuming the roster is going to be Sonic Heroes + Eggman, Blaze, and Silver, really. I guess maybe with the possibility of Blaze replacing Cream and Metal Sonic also being present.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

Only reason I feel like its even a slim possibility is because Silver has already teamed up with Espio in a past game.

Β 

I'm pretty much just assuming the roster is going to be Sonic Heroes + Eggman, Blaze, and Silver, really. I guess maybe with the possibility of Blaze replacing Cream and Metal Sonic also being present.

Blaze could replace Cream or Big, actually. LEGO Dimensions and social media notwithstanding, they’re equally prominent nowadays.

1 hour ago, JaidynReiman said:

Yeah, but that's a little different. A team up between two individual characters doesn't really matter much. I can see that being done with almost any of the characters really. Not only that but Rivals 2 is a little obscure. I doubt they even remember that Vector was on Team Rose in Free Riders. Recalling the team up Espio had with Silver sounds like an even bigger stretch for them.Β 

And yeah, I agree. I figured it'd just be the Sonic Heroes cast + Silver and Blaze.Β 

The Sonic Heroes cast being, Team Sonic, Team Dark, Team Rose, Team Chaotix, Eggman, and Metal Sonic.

That's only 14 characters and assuming the Egg Pawn is playable (Jury is still out on that), it'd be 15 to make up Team Eggman.Β 

I only speculate on what Team Rose will be. Silver and Blaze are more popular than Cream and Big for one, and two, both Cream and Big haven't been used much recently.Β 

So, I'm thinking The Team Rose of this game will be Amy, Blaze, and Silver. If it's the one from Heroes than I can imagine them doing what they did for the Riders games and just have Silver and Blaze be unlockable extras or DLC. I just can't see this game happening without those two... but I CAN see it happening without Cream and Big, sadly.Β 

Β 

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Yeah, but that's a little different. A team up between two individual characters doesn't really matter much. I can see that being done with almost any of the characters really. Not only that but Rivals 2 is a little obscure. I doubt they even remember that Vector was on Team Rose in Free Riders. Recalling the team up Espio had with Silver sounds like an even bigger stretch for them.Β 

And yeah, I agree. I figured it'd just be the Sonic Heroes cast + Silver and Blaze.Β 

The Sonic Heroes cast being, Team Sonic, Team Dark, Team Rose, Team Chaotix, Eggman, and Metal Sonic.

That's only 14 characters and assuming the Egg Pawn is playable (Jury is still out on that), it'd be 15 to make up Team Eggman.Β 

I only speculate on what Team Rose will be. Silver and Blaze are more popular than Cream and Big for one, and two, both Cream and Big haven't been used much recently.Β 

So, I'm thinking The Team Rose of this game will be Amy, Blaze, and Silver. If it's the one from Heroes than I can imagine them doing what they did for the Riders games and just have Silver and Blaze be unlockable extras or DLC. I just can't see this game happening without those two... but I CAN see it happening without Cream and Big, sadly.Β 

Β 

I can also see Tikal as the third Rose member, like in Runners. And maybe no playable bad guys, with the Babylons being available instead.

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

I can also see Tikal as the third Rose member, like in Runners. And maybe no playable bad guys, with the Babylons being available instead.

I don't.Β Tikal is never a character I speculate on. I feel it's a bit of a waste of time doing so, personally.

Β 

I can't see them taking outΒ Team Rose just to addΒ Blaze and Silver to it Amy,Β Cream and Big feel like friendsΒ having fun together both Blaze and Silver are far to serious for the team to not feel randomΒ I can't imagine them teaming up with Amy to perform a heartΒ attackΒ also SumoΒ is a fan ofΒ Big with him being in the first game.Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2018εΉ΄6月6ζ—₯ at 11:10 PM, jgcatindig said:

So,Β  with teams Sonic and Dark already confirmed, we are left to speculate three more Teams,Β  also taking notice that the Egg Pawns are not characters. So here's my prediction /wishlist, in Speed, Tech,Β  Power format. . And without further adieu...

Β 

Starters

Team RoseΒ :

Blaze, Cream, Amy

Β 

Team Chaotix :

Espio, Charmy,Β Β Vector

Β 

Team Empire

Metal Sonic,Β Infinite,Β Β Eggman

Β 

Unlockable

Team Rejectz

Silver,Β Sticks,Β Β Big

Β 

Team Zeti

Zazz,Β Β Zeena,Β Zavok

Β 

Β 

Β 

So, I should revert back Team Rose to the original one, and switch Blaze back to the newly-renamed Team Dimension?

On 2018εΉ΄6月9ζ—₯ at 10:03 PM, jgcatindig said:

@JangoΒ Yes! Finally who thinks like I do in these things! It certainly isn't called "Team Sonic Racing"Β for no reason! Any and all predictions we all make shall come in 3s.

Β 

I've made my predictions for the Starters and Unlockables, so here's my DLC wishlist/predictions.

Β 

PACK 1

Babylon Rogues

Jet, Wave, Storm

Β 

Team Mania

C. Sonic(in Drift car), Mighty, Ray

*Possibly add-on incentive for buying Mania Plus(i.e. get the Team free when you buy Mania Plus)

Β 

PACK 2

Freedom Racing

Antoine, Sally, Bunnie

Β 

Destructix Racing

Scourge, Fiona, Sgt. Simian

Β 

PACK 3

Team Human

Princess Elise,Β  Prof.Β  Pickle,Β  GUN Commander

or

Team Rookz

Violet,Β  Gadget,Β  Tangle

(pre-made Avatars)Β 

Β 

Team Evil Celestial

Mephiles,Β  Gemerl,Β  Chaos Zero

or

Team Ancient

Maria,Β  Gerald R., Tikal

Β 

SEGA Pack

Β 

Team 1

Danica Patrick(if available)/BD Joe,Β  Joe Musashi/Ulala,Β  Gilius Thunderhead

Β 

Team 2

Daytona/AiAi,Β  Beat/Ulala,Β  Ryo Hazuki/Ralph

*Both packs possibly the Pre-order DLC.Β 

Β 

@JangoStill optimistic Β that those Pawns are just obstacles, not part of the count or unlockable too. The good doctor might enter two teams in that GP, one of those may be the Pawn Team, while the other ishis actual team, comprised of himself, Metal, and InfiniteΒ 

Really would like Pack 2 to happen. Sadly, we may need to eliminate THAT GUY WITH THE INITIALS KP. The Violet character in Team Rookz is a name I made up for the cat OC appearing in some promo materials and the comics. Taking suggestions for Team Human. Perhaps Sonic X humans? Plus Elise?

I want to think the Egg Pawns are placeholders for other characters like Metal Sonic or Eggman, but my guess is that they tie into as obstacles to each course for the characters to fight against.

• Thumbs Up 1

If the Egg Pawns are generic AI opponents, I wonder if the different colours we've seen actually correspond to different types?Β  So in other words you could have a Speed, Technique, or Power Egg Pawn as recolours of one another.Β  That seems context-appropriate, assuming they aren't taking up one of the roster slots (though I could also see them being a highly customisable sixteenth character that can fill any role).

I'm dissapointed in the Spagonia track.
Wouldn't it be more interesting to, I dunno, drive trough the Spagonia streets, crashing trough buildings, racing up the clocktower?
Rather then just drive on a generic flying rollercoaster track with a "member Spagonia?" backdrop disconnected from the race?
Reminds me why I disliked the levels in Smash Bros Brawl so much, no more fighting on top of rooftops or speeding cars, but in "disconnected platforms in the sky" levels with a random backdrop. Lame.
Hope that's just a part of the track and not the whole concept.

But yeah, one of my predictions disproven within 24 hours, ouch. Seems we might get a full Sonic Generations reunion after all. Yay.
Looking forward to how the GUN truck will interact with the racetrack.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Age has nothing to do with who gets included or not in these titles, especially considering we’re talking about a cartoony bunch of anthropomorphic animals and a comically designed round human engineer & robot croniesΒ as the center of it all.

Β 

Still hoping Big might at least return since I recall Sumo was fond of him in the first All-Stars racing? The whole Chaotix crew present and playable is something I’m still hoping for, along with maybe a Sonic Adventure track like Emerald Coast or Twinkle Park.

I also want Team Rose to be Amy-Cream-Blaze because I think it's the best configuration and interaction, Big is a funny meme and all but he has nothing to do with Amy and Cream, he feels out of place.

I'm hoping Big makes it in a bonus team non story related with Silver and Sticks as pre-order DLC, that's my prediction.

And Infinite or Nack as third member of Team Eggman.Β 

Another DLC that would be cool is Classic Sonic-Ray-Mighty, since I'm expecting them to cross promote with Mania and Forces.

@Jack the ManiacΒ I'd prefer Infinite for Team Empire. Complete with his evil version of NiGHTS' kart from Transformed.Β 

Like this one.Β 

images.jpeg

You read my mind @Jack the Maniac? Cuz that's what I thought about too about Team Rose.

I also prefer Infinite! And I like cross promotion with Mania and Forces. I just think Nack could be in because he was heavily requested in the previous game, plus he appeared in Mania... and it would be an obscure reference to Drift 2. So I don't know.

Team Rose would definitely work best with Blaze.

A stage i'd like to see done is Angel Island, but not just Angel Island zone, a stage that passes through all (or most of) the zones from S3K, that would be cool to see,

and Kingdom Valley.

• Nice Smile 1

Heh, a complete celebration medley of Angel island, with even Sonic Adventure, Advance and Advance 3 elements in there.
Probably too ambitious, but that would be cute.
I suppose the closest we can get to that is Lego Dimensions, altough they put Green Hill Zone, Checmial plant zone and aquitic ruin on the otherwise entirely Sonic 3 and Knuckles themed island.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1