Awoo.

Character and Circuit Discussion for Team Sonic Racing šŸ

jgcatindig

13 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Perhaps console-exclusiveļ»æ cļ»æuļ»æpļ»æsļ»æ?ļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æ

How? I'd rather much prefer console exclusive teams.Ā 

Ā 

Team Switch

Luigi,Ā  Mario,Ā  Donkey Kong

Ā 

Team Sony

Coco,Ā  Crash,Ā  Crunch

Ā 

Team XBox

Toejam,Ā  Latisha,Ā  Earl

Ā 

Team Steam

Pyro(in his SART kart) ,Ā  Soldier(in his Rover) ,Ā  Heavy(in his Sword van)Ā 

Edited by jgcatindig
Additional details/update

On 6/16/2018 at 10:46 PM, jgcatindig said:

Ā 

...really wish Cream's Ult theme, if she makes it, would sound like Carmeldanssen.Ā 

Ā 

how the fuq did I forgot Library for Cream??? That theme could've been viable too!

Edited by jgcatindig
Too much content

On 6/16/2018 at 9:22 PM, LukA8 said:

What else could Espio and Charmy get? Espio had Balloon Park in Mario&Sonic, but I wouldn't say it fit him very well. Maybe Frog Forest or another Heroes themeļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æ?ļ»æ

Espio should get something Shinobi-inspired. A remix of Holy Summit with heavy Asian instruments?

Ā 

AndĀ  Charmy? Dunno honestly what to get him.Ā 

On 6/17/2018 at 11:56 PM, Pengi said:

perhapsļ»æļ»æ even Storybook,

Storybook series assets you say?Ā 

Ā 

In that case...Ā 

Storybook Cup(DLC)

MistyĀ Lake(BK), Camelot Castle(BK), Sand Oasis(SR), Dragon's Lair(BK), Evil Foundry(SR)

SoI thought, because nostal-f's wanna stick their business everywhere, even beyond their classic 2d pixel world. I think a DLC Classic Cup will be viable sales-wise.

Ā 

So...

Classic Cup:(Mania, all Genesis titles)

Green Hill, Press Garden, Lava Reef, Metallic Madness, Titanic Monarch

Ā 

Ā 

Also, more DLC cups...

Ā 

Edge Cup:(Shadow TH circuits + SA2 Shadow Levels + Forces Episode Shadow)Ā 

Westopolis, Mystic Jungle, The ARK, Virtual Reality, Black Comet.

Ā 

Comic Memorial Cup

Knothole, Acorn Castle, Meropis, Mobotropolis(+Robotropolis version)

Edited by jgcatindig
  • Fist Bump 1

So Amy gets the super exciting addition of Big the Meme and... Four chao. Who needs real characters anyway?Ā 

RIP hopes of Blaze or Cream. Expecting some Charmy-less Chaotix with Silver and obligatory Eggman with villains. What a bust.Ā 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • My Emmerdoods 2

Omo-what?!!! Wtf are you doing?!!! Who the hell is in charge of selecting characters???

Ā 

@Strickerx5, where did you get this? Looks like our fears of Omochao becoming a racer are coming to fruition...Pls tell me this ain't confirmed yet.

Edited by jgcatindig

10 minutes ago, jgcatindig said:

Omo-what?!!! Wtf are you doing?!!! Who the hell is in charge of selecting characters???

Ā 

@Strickerx5, where did you get this? Looks like our fears of Omochao becoming a racer are coming to fruition...Pls tell me this ain't confirmed yet.

It is, it was shown on the stream and introduced by Iizuka himself.

To be honest, I was expecting disappointing character choices from the start, so now I get to wear a smug little smirk.Ā  Now we just need Eggman to be teamed up with the two Egg Pawn variants and my pessimism will be fully validated.

Seriously though, if they wanted to do a chao themed character, they still could have thrown Cream in there.Ā  For a while now I've felt that it would be pretty smart to just have Cream "The Chao Guy."Ā  The go to character for anything chao related in Sonic games.

Ā 

• Thumbs Up 4

Whoa Big actually has a newer design. He looks slightly slimmer and actually shows his legs. I actually like it.

I also like his car design. Its a nice nod to his lures and Froggy.

Welp you colored me interest Team SANIC Racing.

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Flame Lance said:

So Amy gets the super exciting addition of Big the Meme and... Four chao. Who needs real characters anyway?Ā 

RIP hopes of Blaze or Cream. Expecting some Charmy-less Chaotix with Silver and obligatory Eggman with villains. What a bust.Ā 

Creamā€™s brainĀ is inside Omochao!Ā 

Ā 

And considering the PC version, those poor Chao = mod fodder. Even more mod (and silly headcanon)Ā fodder ifĀ the Egg Pawns (or even less significant characters) end up playable.Ā So one buyer for the PC version, please. Even your least significant works can be tweaked there.Ā 

Ā 

Regardless, theyā€™ll probably make cameos somewhere in the game.Ā 

Ā 

<kek>Ā Or at the last minute they add Cream and Blaze Chao in the Chao Car. </kek>

Ā 

Ā 

And whoā€™s to say Silver & Blaze canā€™t be a permanent duo character, or the Chaotix canā€™t be a permanent trio character, Ā occupying a single slot, given the four Chao in one buggy, which has PRECEDENT in the All-Stars Racing series with a number of duos and trios, and even an earlier quartet.Ā 

Ā 

Maybe...

Ā 

Chaotix+ Silver&Blaze (maybe Cream too?)+Ā Babylon Rogues/Tikal&Chaos?

Could we call that Team Unity?

Ā 

Or...Ā 

Maybe the third member of the villain team is the Babylon Rogues as one unit? Ā And could Metal or Eggman be one unitĀ with Orbot and Cubot?Ā 

Ā 

DLC: Team Petit

Cream, Marine, Sticks

DLC2: Team Promo

Tangle, Mighty&Ray, Some preview of a future Sonic game

Ā 

IMO, perma-teamĀ characters are a great way to squeeze more racers in. Iā€™d actually accept the likes of the D6 and HBH as single-units with all characters in one.

<kek> or Blaze is squeezed into Mario Kart 9 as an apology</kek>

• Promotion 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

I mean hey the Chao clearly set a precedent for multiple chars in one vehicle, so I could really see them doing that with the Chaotix now. XP

Seriously, I really can't really see them not putting all the "regulars" in this game, even if some end up as DLC or something.Ā I have concerns too but to be honest, the only not-completely-out-there character I don't expect to see is poor Cream, entirely because of uh, this reveal. Unless she ends up teamed up with Blaze.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1

14 minutes ago, Celestia said:

I mean hey the Chao clearly set a precedent for multiple chars in one vehicle, so I could really see them doing that with the Chaotix now. XP

Seriously, I really can't really see them not putting all the "regulars" in this game, even if some end up as DLC or something.Ā I have concerns too but to be honest, the only not-completely-out-there character I don't expect to see is poor Cream, entirely because of uh, this reveal. Unless she ends up teamed up with Blaze.

Silver and Blaze, Tikal and Chaos, and the Babylon Rogues also seem like good candidates for a multi-character vehicle. With Cream and Sticks as potential third wheels.Ā 

Silver-Blaze-Cream? Tikal-Chaos-Sticks?

Man, Amy's new render is super adorable though and I'm really happy she gets a cool, sleek car instead of the kind of cartooney/old-fashioned one she had in ASRT.Ā  The old one was never completely unfitting for her, but I like that this one reflects her sleek modern character design more.

Ā 

Chao as a racer is... kinda disappointing.Ā  As usual it's that thing where people love chao as a concept, not as a "character".Ā  It's kinda like if we got the default avatar from Forces as a character.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Chaotix Caper-Mobile sounds like a plan to me! šŸ˜

But yeah at that point I don't see why they can't tack Cream on there... I don't think she would mind sharing space with the Chao any.

• Fist Bump 1

All I'll say to predictions like that is, I'd be shocked if Eggman wasn't in the roster at launch.

I've been entertaining for a while now the thought that the Chaotix might not actually be in this. But ever since 2010 they've definitely had had more of a presence than they did from '06 to Black Knight (not that that's a high bar), so yeah it'd make sense, I just think they might not beĀ asĀ much of a shoe-in as people think.

Half-jokey prediction: Team Egg made up of Eggman, Metal...and the Chaotix in one car. Eggman's hired them again for whatever reason but isn't hiding it this time, Vector agrees mostlyĀ because he's curious about whatever the case is too (maybe something to do with that new character seen in the box art?), and as a bonus he can keep an eye on Eggman easier that way. It's silly but...it's going to be a plot in a mascot spin-off racing game. You might as well have fun with it.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is the 3rd squadĀ Team Rose has gotten. Team Sonic and Dark are consistent, why is Rose different every time? Vector replaced Big in Riders, and now Cream is replaced by these Chao in this game.Ā What was wrong with Cream?

P.S - Iā€™m aware Omega was replaced once, but heā€™s back and Team Dark is Team Dark again.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

Better Quality Render from Twitter:

... ThatĀ is what they came up with? Chao? You have probably one of the largest and a very lucrative video game character cast, yet you max out at 15 and one of them is just Chao in a car. I'm not sure what to say.

I suspect the way this game is going,Ā Transformed is going to remain as my go-to party game. I'm not exactly captivated by their design choices thus far with this. I'm also beginning to wonder if @CyndusĀ and I might skip this one out right, we just aren't feeling it.
I know from a technical standpoint peopleĀ areĀ putting a lot of work into it, I've been there, done that, and bought the tee-shirt, but I just can't escape the feeling that something seems... off.

• Thumbs Up 3

28 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

This is the 3rd squadĀ Team Rose has gotten. Team Sonic and Dark are consistent, why is Rose different every time? Vector replaced Big in Riders, and now Cream is replaced by these Chao in this game.Ā What was wrong with Cream?

P.S - Iā€™m aware Omega was replaced once, but heā€™s back and Team Dark is Team Dark again.

Fourth time, team Rose in Runners was just Amy and Blaze.Ā