Awoo.

Character and Circuit Discussion for Team Sonic Racing 🏁

jgcatindig

Welp, my excitement for the game decreased. I don't see the point replacing Cream with 4 chao when she already has Cheese by her side.

• Thumbs Up 2

...Seems like the worst of all possible worlds, but it's interesting that Sega is willing to do more with Chao again, after seemingly dropping them in favour of Wisps for so long.  But it seems odd that we have a Chao-based racer when Chao also make up the spectators in at least one stage.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, FFWF said:

But it seems odd that we have a Chao-based racer when Chao also make up the spectators in at least one stage.

Koopa Troopas, Shy Guys and Toads are commonly spectators in Mario sports games. It's not exactly an unusual thing. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I think it would have had made more sense to have Cream as a chao themed character.

I always thought omochao was somewhat seperate from the other chao too 

• Thumbs Up 7

Whoops, that's what you get for making predictions! Of course Sumo would get Big in. It still looks like a weird constellation of Team Rose, but I guess Amy teams up with anyone. The Chao racer looks cute and reminds me of the Chao Walker from Adventure 2, but that does mean Omochao will be getting all the voice lines..god, help us. Troll character incoming.

2 hours ago, Celestia said:

I've been entertaining for a while now the thought that the Chaotix might not actually be in this. But ever since 2010 they've definitely had had more of a presence than they did from '06 to Black Knight (not that that's a high bar), so yeah it'd make sense, I just think they might not be as much of a shoe-in as people think.

Half-jokey prediction: Team Egg made up of Eggman, Metal...and the Chaotix in one car. Eggman's hired them again for whatever reason but isn't hiding it this time, Vector agrees mostly because he's curious about whatever the case is too (maybe something to do with that new character seen in the box art?), and as a bonus he can keep an eye on Eggman easier that way. It's silly but...it's going to be a plot in a mascot spin-off racing game. You might as well have fun with it.

You weren't the only one who mentioned this, but a Chaotix-in-one racer won't happen simply because of this. This car would not be strictly Vector-based if that was the case:

image.png.4399e29ff6acfc0392bf6f3cfab98c14.png

Now, the omission of Cream on Team Rose does present the obvious chance of a Team Silver (Speed), Cream (Technique), and Blaze (Power), it's either them or Team Chaotix now since the last team slot automatically goes to Eggman. It could be possible that Team Chaotix are not in the basegame, and the billboard exists as a hint of what's to come in DLC, since no other cars have been spotted on there. Either way, unless Vector, Silver and Espio/Blaze are teamed up, I think the roster will be pushed up to 18 eventually, because it seems very unusual for any of those to be left out of a spin-off. For now, I'm still leaning for the Chaotix being the non-DLC racers since they're easier to write in a story mode than Silver and Blaze.

• Thumbs Up 1

Team Silver? I think you mean Team Blaze lol.

Why not have Blaze (speed), Cream (technique) and Marine (power?).

• Fist Bump 1

You can call it Team Whatever for all I care, but they did appear together once in a Generations cutscene and Blaze is almost as often matched up with Cream as she is with Silver.

Fun fact by the way, Silver, Blaze, Espio and Vector were all planned for All-Stars Racing at one point, and now probably only half of them will get in the Sonic-only racer.

This is the strangest version of Team Rose yet. What a slap in the face for fans of Cream and Blaze... Why is Amy always getting such mixed up teams? Nothing about Big and 4 random Chao gives off a vibe that they’re Amy’s companions.

Big may have been Amy’s team mate in Sonic Heroes, but even that felt random and out of nowhere. He felt like the odd one out of the trio. A team of Amy, Cream, and Chao would have made more sense in this game. Better yet, a team of Chaos 0 and Tikal would have fit better with the Chao.

This limit of 15 characters is really holding the game back...

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

Besides not really digging Amy's new car i'm actually okay with this. The chao are characters that don't really get used much if at all nowadays and I like the fact that they are paying reference to the hero/dark chao with this one too. Cream is pretty take it or leave it for me so i'm not all too fussed she isn't there (which I feel i'm going to be saying for a lot of this roster since it isn't all that important to me at the end of the day) and i'm actually okay with the fact they chose the chao instead since it feels like a more unique addition.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

This is the strangest version of Team Rose yet. What a slap in the face for fans of Cream and Blaze... Why is Amy always getting such mixed up teams? Nothing about Big and 4 random Chao gives off a vibe that they’re Amy’s companions.

Big may have been Amy’s team mate in Sonic Heroes, but even that felt random and out of nowhere. He felt like the odd one out of the trio. A team of Amy, Cream, and Chao would have made more sense in this game. Better yet, a team of Chaos 0 and Tikal would have fit better with the Chao.

This limit of 15 characters is really holding the game back...

Amy always seems she changes friends too much: Cream, Big, Vector, Sticks, the 4 chao...

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Amy always seems she changes friends too much: Cream, Big, Vector, Sticks, the 4 chao...

Who is she going to get randomly teamed with next in the future? Charmy? Espio? Chip? Eggman? Metal Sonic? Infinite? I just realized Sticks the Badger should have been Amy’s teammate instead of Big and Chao, this roster is messed up...

Amy is just one of those girls who wants to be friends with everybody and teams up with everyone as long as it's about her to a degree. The actual explanation is Sumo likes Big

I actually think Cream's chances have gone up thanks to Silver and Blaze not being teamed up with Amy. And people could still choose the Classic Team Rose if she does get in, DLC or not (Implying a definite Team Rose exists at this point).

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/13/2018 at 9:07 AM, jgcatindig said:

2018-06-13-215950.jpg.c3e84c945652481b474ec48a51c7d6ac.jpg    More info about the mystery character : Seems he would be the Omochao of this game. Minus the annoyance.

Sadly we’re not spared, now we have to listen to his annoying voice, as a playable racer on Team Rose... I really hope they leave him mute, but let the other Chao make their cute noises.

• Too Many Rings 1

2 hours ago, Edward850 said:

... That is what they came up with? Chao? You have probably one of the largest and a very lucrative video game character cast, yet you max out at 15 and one of them is just Chao in a car. I'm not sure what to say.

I suspect the way this game is going, Transformed is going to remain as my go-to party game. I'm not exactly captivated by their design choices thus far with this. I'm also beginning to wonder if @Cyndus and I might skip this one out right, we just aren't feeling it.
I know from a technical standpoint people are putting a lot of work into it, I've been there, done that, and bought the tee-shirt, but I just can't escape the feeling that something seems... off.

My feelings exactly. Seriously, 4 Chaos, one of them being freaking Omochao. I mean, is not like there isn't 20 other better options, right?

I think that's what you get for demanding Chao Gardens so much you Adventure fans :V I bet Iizuka is probably laughing out loud with his beautiful teeth and saying "we made the Chaos playable to appeal to the Adventure fans!".

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't see that coming. So does that mean Blaze and Silver team up with Cream? Or are we just not going to see any of them, since Team Eggman and the Chaotix are bound to be in there? I don't care about Silver or Cream, but no Blaze would be disappointing.

Even if Charmy was replaced like Cream, it would be crazy to plonk Blaze or Silver along with them, so I don't see it happening. Blaze, Silver and Cream (with Cheese) may end up DLC at least.

• Fist Bump 1

6 minutes ago, Pawn said:

Blaze, Silver and Cream (with Cheese) may end up DLC at least.

Hopefully. I'll probably still get the game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Big's car design is lit tho', credit where credit is due. Amy's car on the other hand... It's. Ulala's? 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm actually kind of cool with team Chao as a character, but I just thought of something, what is Omochao's  quips going to be like, especially seeing as all the characters are very chatty.

:o 

5 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Hopefully. I'll probably still get the game. 

It seems like too much of a coincidence to me, with the three being depicted together at the end of Gens and Blaze having a connection to both. Plus, we've had a fair few DLC racers in Sumo's previous games. Still, we can't be certain, and even then, DLC plans can be scrapped.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

4 hours ago, Pawn said:

It seems like too much of a coincidence to me, with the three being depicted together at the end of Gens and Blaze having a connection to both. Plus, we've had a fair few DLC racers in Sumo's previous games. Still, we can't be certain, and even then, DLC plans can be scrapped.

From what I've seen on Twitter and Tumblr, some people about Cream's exclusion, so maybe enough reception will prompt Sumo to add in Cream eventually. 

• Thumbs Up 3

15 minutes ago, Plasme said:

I'm actually kind of cool with team Chao as a character, but I just thought of something, what is Omochao's  quips going to be like, especially seeing as all the characters are very chatty.

:o 

OMOCHAO IS... BUUUILDING MOMENTUM

Spoiler

(I'd actually love it and forgive everything if they threw in a Riders reference for his lines like that, or made him sound like he's trying to keep tutorial messages the whole time.)

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

I must say I really don't like how similar Amy's car looks to Rouge's. While I'm okay with a more sporty look, her previous All-Stars cars had a lot more charm and character to them.

Team_Sonic_Racing_Rouge.png

Amy.png

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm more than okay with the Chao as racers, it's just Big though, I'm indifferent to him, and both characters don't fit Team Rose imo, it should be a Team of girls, so that's why I wanted Cream and Blaze in it.

This is... Team Filler/ Team Meme, Big and Omochao will do the talking and I think it will be hilarious, lol.

I like to think Cream gave her spot because she loves Chao's.

• Thumbs Up 1

We seem to be doing a Sonic Heroes theme here....I gotta say, I'm not happy with their apparently lazy choice of putting in a Chao as a racer.  That's just taking away from a character slot. 😕  I love the Chao, but I don't think it's something the fans were clamoring for when we were thinking of potential comeback racers.  Still hoping for Blaze but it's looking dim at this point.  Really disappointing Sega!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jango said:

My feelings exactly. Seriously, 4 Chaos, one of them being freaking Omochao. I mean, is not like there isn't 20 other better options, right?

I think that's what you get for demanding Chao Gardens so much you Adventure fans :V I bet Iizuka is probably laughing out loud with his beautiful teeth and saying "we made the Chaos playable to appeal to the Adventure fans!".

I would most certainly call for his head if any of this s*it was real. I got nothing against the Chao(slightly against Big cuz meme character).

But really?  I'd had been ok if they kept the gaddamn Heroes Team Rose, but noooo. Memes first before actual characters.... 😬😬👎👎👎