Awoo.

Character and Circuit Discussion for Team Sonic Racing 🏁

jgcatindig

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

From what I've seen on Twitter, some people about Cream's exclusion, so maybe enough reception will prompt Sumo to add in Cream eventually. 

I'll fervently hope she,  along with Blaze and Silver are pre-order or Day 1 bonus.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

I gathered from the comments in this stream that Iizuka mentioned "Cream is too young to drive"

Considering the driving age is 16- 18 in most countries, I'd say every character but Eggman is too young to drive then.
Team Sonic Racing should have been a sad lonely Eggman driving in circles by himself.
Unless Shadow being frozen for 50 years counts as his actual aging, then I guess he can join in.

But yeah, sorry 4 times world saver, 4 times potential Olypic game winner, 3 times Extreme board champion Cream, cars are too dangerous for you.
Woops, Eggman kidnapped your mom in Sonic's abscence again, go assault his airfleet again instead.

To young to drive huh? Funny how Mario Kart has babies driving.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

11 minutes ago, Shaun Shikeishuu said:

To young to drive huh? Funny how Mario Kart has babies driving.

>Iizuka finding logic in a kart racing spin-off

Yeah, guys, I kinda told you so. If "good old Sumo gameplay" is everything keeping my interest in this game so far, I might as well just stick with Transformed or the original All-Stars, because all the potential Team Sonic Racing had is being wasted.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Roger_van_der_weide said:

Not to mention Cream is replaced by Chao's who are babies themselves mentality, physically and often litteraly.
Can already picture the Tournament holders barring Cream, telling her she's too young to drive and then immediatly putting a newborn Chao into her carseat instead.

They probably saw the damage she can do when she sends Cheese to attack people and are too terrified to let her join in.
Damnit Team Sonic racing, stop giving me so many parody ideas.

I'll let her sic Cheese on whoever bright mind thought that excluding her out of Team Rose was a good idea. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

This is the 3rd squad Team Rose has gotten. Team Sonic and Dark are consistent, why is Rose different every time? Vector replaced Big in Riders, and now Cream is replaced by these Chao in this game. What was wrong with Cream?

P.S - I’m aware Omega was replaced once, but he’s back and Team Dark is Team Dark again.

Team Dark has an actual origin in Heroes and is shown to be formed by Rouge within their first cutscene. Team vanilla is just there for marketing as always, and while Tails' place is without questions legit, the same can't be said for Knuckles given how he's supposedly Sonic's rival thing that wants to show how much better he is... it's as if Knuckles thought "I'm sooo going to prove myself how much better I am than that smug Sonic at the racing track by cooperating instead of competing with him". Like, where's the logic in that?

Amy, like someone said, is a very cooperative character and can guess that out of empathy, she would help out other "lesser" characters that have no teams of their own by joining them... Hey, just like how she did in Heroes where she takes in Big and Cream. At least Amy will always have more interesting options than Sonic, who is permanently hard-locked to the most obvious.

Anyway, I'm really happy to see mah boy Big the cat making his return, and also like the design of his vehicle, as it does a very good job with how the front looks like a frog.

Also love Amy's new render and how cute she looks. Her car design tough looks kind of simple... I always liked more her old cars from drift and the first All-Stars racing game because how they looked so Amy, if you know what I mean. Still, I see that her new ride is kind of a mix between old and new, as there are some subtle nods to her old car in it's design.

The chao come as a surprise (I suppose Omochao will broadcast his usual and painfully obvious tips to distract and annoy the competition, lol) and can sympathize with the people who might feel down with them having replaced Cream, but maybe there is still hope since not only the chao racers set a precedent for multiple characters within a single vehicle (just imagine how comical the three Chaotix would look sharing a single vehicle, as I doubt they have the budget to pay for each member having their own car), but there's also the chance she might end teaming with Blaze and Silver (whom ST insists to always put wherever Blaze is) and who knows, maybe they'll be a four-character team if Vanilla is the one that drives the car where Cream sits. Would be funny to hear her trying to be polite in front of her daughter and try not to give in to road rage in the competition.

• Thumbs Up 3

I can only imagine Sticks' car if she ever made an appearance here. It would be her "stealth" car from Boom, which would be immediately rendered useless due to her screaming and shouting. Either that, or a ton of tin foil cladding.

• Chuckle 1

9 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

and who knows, maybe they'll be a four-character team if Vanilla is the one that drives the car where Cream sits. Would be funny to hear her trying to be polite in front of her daughter and try not to give in to road rage in the competition.

Man, I know the chances are slim to none, but I hope that happens.

If Cream is out of the circuit, literally, Blaze would likely be speed in a team with Silver as tech... And who as power? Assuming this could be a Team Future/Dimension... Nega? Mephiles? Perhaps the 7 Sol Emeralds could be a playable character. Or 4 Iblis demons.

Vanilla with Cream sitting on those side cars would've been perfect.

• Chuckle 2

1 hour ago, LukA8 said:

I must say I really don't like how similar Amy's car looks to Rouge's. While I'm okay with a more sporty look, her previous All-Stars cars had a lot more charm and character to them.

Team_Sonic_Racing_Rouge.png

Amy.png

The color scheme is definitively the same with pink and white dominating. However design-wise, the difference between both vehicles reflect the differences between Rouge and Amy, since one is more elegant and refined, while the other has a more "soft", juvenile look. One is for a refined lady, the other is for a cheerful girl.

Still, it would had helped if Amy's car had some extra marking details, like the logo she had on her car from S&SASR.

• Thumbs Up 4

10 minutes ago, Jango said:

If Cream is out of the circuit, literally, Blaze would likely be speed in a team with Silver as tech... And who as power? Assuming this could be a Team Future/Dimension... Nega? Mephiles? Perhaps the 7 Sol Emeralds could be a playable character. Or 4 Iblis demons.

Vanilla with Cream sitting on those side cars would've been perfect.

They should go with the 7 Sol Emeralds. If a group of Chao who lack the fingers necessary to grip a steering wheel can drive a car why can't a set of magical rocks do the same?

• Chuckle 1

@Skull Leader would have liked for Amy to be a New Beetle instead if they're going for a sportier look. Or a second-gen Miata.

Wait, did Iizuka actually say Cream is too young to drive? I haven't heard her name drop in the stream but I haven't watched all of it.

..Because Tails is literally 8, and if Charmy gets in then Iizuka is the biggest troll. If it is true, then maybe Silver really does replace Charmy in the Chaotix. As strange as it would look, Charmy could hold onto Vector's car I guess.

Also, you can probably customize the Chao Racer to become a Dark or Hero Chao Racer. They are a perfect fit for customization options.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm sad they snobbed Cream but the Chao are honestly cooler than Big, remember they put these characters because of fan demand, everyone making Big the Cat jokes and asking for Chao Gardens to be back.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am gonna play all Cream in Speed Battle in protest.

Here's my idea of her car.

image.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

Better Quality Render from Twitter:

DgWtphMUwAAkGPb.jpg:large

>>> When you are waiting for Blaze but you get Big the Cat and Chao...

Me: Rly?!?

Also me:

thisishappenin.png

Go figure.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

44 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

Team Dark has an actual origin in Heroes and is shown to be formed by Rouge within their first cutscene. Team vanilla is just there for marketing as always, and while Tails' place is without questions legit, the same can't be said for Knuckles given how he's supposedly Sonic's rival thing that wants to show how much better he is... it's as if Knuckles thought "I'm sooo going to prove myself how much better I am than that smug Sonic at the racing track by cooperating instead of competing with him". Like, where's the logic in that?

Amy, like someone said, is a very cooperative character and can guess that out of empathy, she would help out other "lesser" characters that have no teams of their own by joining them... Hey, just like how she did in Heroes where she takes in Big and Cream. At least Amy will always have more interesting options than Sonic, who is permanently hard-locked to the most obvious.

Anyway, I'm really happy to see mah boy Big the cat making his return, and also like the design of his vehicle, as it does a very good job with how the front looks like a frog.

Also love Amy's new render and how cute she looks. Her car design tough looks kind of simple... I always liked more her old cars from drift and the first All-Stars racing game because how they looked so Amy, if you know what I mean. Still, I see that her new ride is kind of a mix between old and new, as there are some subtle nods to her old car in it's design.

The chao come as a surprise (I suppose Omochao will broadcast his usual and painfully obvious tips to distract and annoy the competition, lol) and can sympathize with the people who might feel down with them having replaced Cream, but maybe there is still hope since not only the chao racers set a precedent for multiple characters within a single vehicle (just imagine how comical the three Chaotix would look sharing a single vehicle, as I doubt they have the budget to pay for each member having their own car), but there's also the chance she might end teaming with Blaze and Silver (whom ST insists to always put wherever Blaze is) and who knows, maybe they'll be a four-character team if Vanilla is the one that drives the car where Cream sits. Would be funny to hear her trying to be polite in front of her daughter and try not to give in to road rage in the competition.

Was this part really necessary?

Anyway, not much to say as this was a pretty obvious next choice. Though Cream not being in (and for the reasons Iizuka stated) is really dumb, but I'm used to it in this series at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

Still, it would had helped if Amy's car had some extra marking details, like the logo she had on her car from S&SASR.

I don't think that's an impossibility, considering that there is going to be customization options - maybe one of the skins for the car is going to have decals. Who knows tho...

Oh right, the announcements. While it does somewhat suck that Cream isn't in the game, I'm fine with Chao's, at least for now.

Also Big the Cat is playable, which already makes this game a 10/10 tbh.

10 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Was this part really necessary?

Anyway, not much to say as this was a pretty obvious next choice. Though Cream not being in (and for the reasons Iizuka stated) is really dumb, but I'm used to it in this series at this point.

Is it really necessary to single out my opinion when everyone else is also talking about why characters are being teamed in X or Y way? Plus, Team Sonic (Knuckles in particular) isn't exactly exent of being brought into question, unless you want to stick with "because Sonic Team says so".

4 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

I don't think that's an impossibility, considering that there is going to be customization options - maybe one of the skins for the car is going to have decals. Who knows tho...

Oh right, the announcements. While it does somewhat suck that Cream isn't in the game, I'm fine with Chao's, at least for now.

Also Big the Cat is playable, which already makes this game a 10/10 tbh.

Oh man, I hope we get unlockable stickers for the vehicles. 

I know it probably won't happen, but adding a tool that allows to create logos and place them anywhere on the vehicles (like in F-Zero GX) would be something neat.

7 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

Is it really necessary to single out my opinion when everyone else is also talking about why characters are being teamed in X or Y way? Plus, Team Sonic (Knuckles in particular) isn't exactly exent of being brought into question, unless you want to stick with "because Sonic Team says so".

Its not so much that, but the derogatory way you were talking about them. Like...its one thing to question why Cream isn't in Team Rose (she's literally the only other character who prominently gets featured in it along with Amy) and another when its just basically "fuck Team Sonic, they don't need to exist" and I'm like "huh?" 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

Oh man, I hope we get unlockable stickers for the vehicles. 

I know it probably won't happen, but adding a tool that allows to create logos and place them anywhere on the vehicles (like in F-Zero GX) would be something neat.

I think this is a given, cars seem veeery simple for this reason probably

2 minutes ago, Drifting Jack said:

I think this is a given, cars seem veeery simple for this reason probably

Yep. Another thing that I feel they need is the option to edit their colors (something that shouldn't be hard if they use one or two main colors) since as they are right now, they kind of visually merge with the characters too much in some cases, like Sonic driving a car that is as blue as himself. I always liked how in Sonic Drift his car war red, making it not only look more sporty, but also allowing for the actual character stand out more.