Awoo.

Character and Circuit Discussion for Team Sonic Racing 🏁

jgcatindig

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Hopefully some group of people that understands Modern Sonic as good as Christian understands Classic Sonic will have its chance at making "the best Sonic game ever"

This guy is the 3D Whitehead.

Now we should convince him to apply to SEGA, not necessarily to replace Sonic Team and put them out of jobs, but to work with them to make great levels that work with these amazing 3D physics. This is the first time I see 3D stuff that is more fun than SA1! (SA1 is till now the 3D game with the best gameplay and physics, as newer 3D Sonic games don't have anything called physics).

This is what  running like a maniac really is, not boost-to-win garbage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Forces, as much as I liked it, is pretty much the peak of the infighting between the American and Japanese offices. A youtuber pointed out that another reason quality is declining is because people are getting burnt crisp working on the blue blur.

I am just hoping DLC is an option for TSR. They have to, or they're risking the ire of anyone's fans left out from the roster.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

It has to be said that it's not a great look to base a game around the popularity of the wider Sonic cast, and then not actually have a wide enough roster to represent all of the favourites.  I wonder if the team angle might be limiting the developers in this respect.

• Thumbs Up 2

All I can say is that thank goodness there’s precedent for carpools. Otherwise, this limited roster would be much more painful.

Here's how you solve that bullshit "age" thing (aside from ignoring it because it makes no sense). Just have Cream sit in the front seat but have Cheese do all the work like he always does in battle. Only this time he's driving in her lap.

Its ridiculous but its also adorable to think about.

I'm not livid or anything. Cream isn't one of my favorites or anything but this really weird decision making is throwing me for a loop. Sonic Team has their hands all up in this. Its the only thing that can explain why these decisions are so weird.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

15 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I mean, what's the point of having Chao replace Cream other than memes?

Again, Chao Gardens get requested a lot and Sega tried to please fans but still failed.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Drifting Jack said:

Again, Chao Gardens get requested a lot and Sega tried to please fans but still failed.

Because they'll often end up doing something to displease other fans.

• Thumbs Up 1

Again, I think most if not all the people that are upset with the Chao are due to the 15 slot roster. If this was like MK8D and the Chao were one of 42 characters, I don't think anyone would bat an eye (same for Egg Pawn).

It's been brought up how the character stats and balancing with the team dynamic makes that number impossible for Team Sonic Racing, so I'm not trying to imply TSR can actually do that. But still, even having half that (21) in the base game would alleviate these problems with regards to the regular reoccurring cast.

• Thumbs Up 6

Yeah, agreed with the above, it's due to the low character count. I think chao as a racer is a hilarious idea, and harks back to SA2's multiplayer. 

It doesn't make much sense in the team system though. Why are Big and Amy even working with chao? I know Team Rose is very nebulous, but it seems very odd to me. 

It'll be even stranger if we do get all three Chaotix in their own cars as full playable characters, because then the roster will literally just be Heroes minus Cream.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Plasme said:

Yeah, agreed with the above, it's due to the low character count. I think chao as a racer is a hilarious idea, and harks back to SA2's multiplayer. 

It doesn't make much sense in the team system though. Why are Big and Amy even working with chao? I know Team Rose is very nebulous, but it seems very odd to me. 

Or we could still go by the “Omochao has Cream’s brain” theory. I guess Amy wanted some info from Omochao, and didn’t want him playing all double agent on everybody imaginable.

11 hours ago, FFWF said:

I mean, facing facts, Cream seems like she should have greater clout than Big; she must have had more playable appearances and therefore appearances overall, for instance.  And yet Mr. Meme got in, while she was traded for redundant Chao?

Tbh, considering how Sumo Digital put Big in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, I always felt that Big was a lock and Cream was the most likely one of the three to get replaced.

I just didn't expect it to be Chao that replaced her...

• Thumbs Up 1

Just give me the complete Chaotix, they are bes together.

Vector, Espio & Charmy have a great chemistry and friendship together.

Look at the fiasco when one of them goes to another team (Vector).

15 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

How does Marine keep getting mentions? She's spectacularly irrelevant to the series. She's been little more than a name drop since her supporting role in SRA.

If Sonic Runners didn't bring her in as playable, I don't see how she has a prayer here.

Bizarre Ensemble Darkhorse and/or Unexpected Character novelty?

13 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

SEGA always hated Cream, they gave her Cheese to attack in her place and keep her polite image because it's not good that little girls punch.

Actually, they did that to help her stand out with a unique form of attacking. She can still Spindash and has a select few other physical attacks she could use.

12 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

They even forbid her from fighting in the comics! This is patriarchy (am not a SJW but what other reason can I say they don't wanna feature her in any way??)

Actually, it's probably more of a pro-American/nay-Japan thing since she's allegedly more Japanese in concept, but still.

12 hours ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Cream is too young to drive a car...

....but she is young enough to go on those dayam crazy hoverboards! 

Pathetic excuse Iizuka. Whoever made that decision, pathetic, lazy.

13 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Yeah. I don't see how people foresee her appearing in anything aside from the comics. I'm honestly not sure why all these extended characters like Germel and Tikal keep being brought up either.

Unless it's like a wish-list sort of thing, they didn't have much of a chance even if the character limit was above 15. The fact that they replaced Cream with the thing she hurls at people to fight is a big enough clue to me that not only was I right not to get my hopes up but I should have expected even weirder than what I thought might happen.

I'm still anticipating this game obviously. I don't know how this story is going to work now though. If Team Rose is in it then... are the chao going to be acknowledged as racers within the narrative...? Or are they gonna do something where Amy forced Omochao to be their third racer for hi-jinks. 

Maybe. If Lego Dimensions is anything to go by, Omochao can at least be treated like a character you can have some semblance of a conversation with, even if most of it is them telling it to shut up.

WUT?!

On 6/23/2018 at 4:30 PM, Roger_van_der_weide said:

I gathered from the comments in this stream that Iizuka mentioned "Cream is too young to drive"

But someone quoted this video saying Iizuka mentionned Cream is too young to drive.

3 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

But someone quoted this video saying Iizuka mentionned Cream is too young to drive.

And yet:

On 6/24/2018 at 3:54 AM, Celestia said:

I think the comment about Cream is just the person making a guess why she's apparently left out. As far as I could tell Cream wasn't even mentioned, though I only checked around the time the characters were revealed.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is all still very strange to me, guess we'll just have to wait out for more reveal info in due time.

Two questions:

1. Can someone get me up to speed on what's been confirmed/discussed so far so I don't have to scroll through and comment on 16+ pages?

2. Is Rouge still driving the dickmobile?

On 6/7/2018 at 7:23 AM, Skull Leader said:

(Cream is unavailable either because she is too young or is grounded by her mom)

I know this is just you being...well, you, but the words, Cream, maybe 6yo, and grounded being in the same context is just lolwut. :lol:

On 6/23/2018 at 1:58 AM, Strickerx5 said:

Team Rose Confirmed (Creamless edition at least)

amy.png

Big.png

chao.png

On 6/23/2018 at 2:56 AM, Strickerx5 said:

Better Quality Render from Twitter:

DgWtphMUwAAkGPb.jpg:large

Oh, that is horseshit and a half.

On one hand, I like/appreciate the idea of the 3 types of Chao and even Omochao teaming up to be playable. On the other/bigger hand though, WHERE IS CREAM?!

Sigh...at least Big's back.

On 6/23/2018 at 3:33 AM, Miragnarok said:

Silver and Blaze, Tikal and Chaos, and the Babylon Rogues also seem like good candidates for a multi-character vehicle. With Cream and Sticks as potential third wheels. 

Okay, see, that last one actually sounds pretty interesting. For a game with a story, at least.

On 6/23/2018 at 5:01 AM, JingleBoy said:

yo Cream & Cheese where u at fam

tumblr_oljvwyduIS1w1kerio1_400.gif

She'd probably be too OP

What the heck is she even doing there?

14 hours ago, RustyRick said:

That does sound like a good idea, I'd be all up for it. ^^

But yeah, at the very least I'm gonna speculate Cream will be part of Blaze's team then if anything. If Silver and Blaze will be in, I guess Cream as their 3rd member could be a thing given her bonding with Blaze in Rush, but I'm not getting my hopes up too quickly unless we can actually voice our opinions to ST or Sumo.

That does make me wonder, does Sumo have their own freedom of choice of who to implement in the roster, or are they restricted by ST?

Fun fact: She was also allegedly gonna be in Silver's Story in 06 at one point, for whatever reason. 

14 hours ago, FFWF said:

And that leads me to my final conclusion, which is that it looks awfully to me as if Team Rose was meant to be the classic Amy-Big-Cream line-up - but that for some reason Cream specifically was taken out of the equation.  I mean, facing facts, Cream seems like she should have greater clout than Big; she must have had more playable appearances and therefore appearances overall, for instance.  And yet Mr. Meme got in, while she was traded for redundant Chao?  You don't have to be a Cream fan to find that odd.  Chao are so redundant next to potential big names like Blaze and Silver that (unless those two are being saved up for DLC, which is scurrilous) they honestly look more like a filler choice scrambled up specifically to replace Cream.  And that leads me to take into account the fact that Cream was conspicuously absent from Forces.  It's not difficult to construct an in-universe explanation for why that was, and I didn't think it was that mysterious; but, combined with her slightly bizarre absence here, maybe even with the alleged pacifist mandate in the comics, it makes me wonder - has Sega developed a problem with Cream?  Or, conversely - is there some new reason why they feel absolutely compelled to push Chao as much as possible?

Yeah, that's what really gets me as well.

Like, mandate against her being too active in the comic books' action? Somewhat restrictive, but still allows some room for it while also distinguishing her character.

The only major recurring character completely absent from Forces, which even brought Omega back in addition to having Silver? Conspicuous and a tad bizarre, but far from being a legit problem with that game.

Actively replaced by faux-generic Chao for OG Team Rose's big gaming ruin in a friggin Kart-racing spinoff? Officially concerned.

On 6/23/2018 at 1:38 PM, LukA8 said:

"Hi I'm Silver, I come from the future, this is Blaze from another dimension who's also my best friend for some reason and we randomly met this fat alligator on the street, so now we're a team!"

...actually, that sounds a lot like Sonic Heroes.

Pretty Team Dark and Rose at the same time.

On 6/23/2018 at 2:18 PM, JaidynReiman said:

Wasn't Cream with Blaze in Sonic Rush? I guess that can SOMEWHAT be justified, but it still doesn't make much sense. The problem with Silver-Blaze-Cream is lack of a Power character, unless they make that Silver. Silver and Cream should both theoretically be Technical.

Replacing Cream on Team Rose makes more sense because its easier to fill Technical slot than Power. And well, Sumo Digital loves Big.

Blaze was Power in Runner, even though Cream was the rep for Team Easy.

9 hours ago, Jango said:

I admit that I was hyped for Forces, before we even knew it was going to be called that... And before Classic Sonic appeared out of nowhere in that first teaser. 

I want a great modern game as much as I wanted a great 2D classic game. I like Unleashed, I like Colors and I like Generations. But after that, Sonic Team simply lost track. Shorter games, bad story and characterization, repetition, automation, uncalled gimmicks, heck, they even ditched their excellent music composers... And put out a game designed by 3 newbies and directed by a guy with a questionable track at Sonic Team. They fooled us with "playable Shadow" when that is clearly just a model swap any PC mod could do, no original levels, and of course, his "back story" that only made the villain Infinite look absolutely ridiculous. Classic Sonic playing worse than Generations. The Avatar which was just a clone of Modern Sonic with Boom's hook...

For reference, AntDude's Sonic Forces review is exactly what I think about the game and the questionable direction this franchise is taking. 

Uh, wrong thread?

44 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

The only major recurring character completely absent from Forces, which even brought Omega back in addition to having Silver? Conspicuous and a tad bizarre, but far from being a legit problem with that game.

To be fair, Blaze was absent too.

45 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

*cough*Blaze*cough*   Whoop Ninja'd

Oddly enough, with Cream out of the picture, that pushes the Female Cast to... Amy, Rouge and ?. I've got to think those odds push Characters like Blaze and even Sticks up a couple of hairs. They arn't going to launch a 15 character roster with 2 female reps.

If they are willing to bump Cream, I would officially say the writing is on the wall for Charmy. If he's not in a multi-character car, than you can forget about that little dude.

• Fist Bump 1