Awoo.

Character and Circuit Discussion for Team Sonic Racing 🏁

jgcatindig

More possible roster ideas, that I think may happen:

Team Hero (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles)

Team Dark (Shadow, Rouge, Omega)

Team Rose (Amy, Silver, Blaze)

Team Chaotix (Espio, Charmy, Vector)

Team Eggman (Metal Sonic, Dr. Eggman, Nack)

What do you think? This is my final prediction for now.

Plus, more ideas for DLC:

Team Wildcard (Sticks, Cream, Big)

Team SEGA (Ulala, Nights, AiAi)

9 minutes ago, Jack the Maniac said:

More possible roster ideas, that I think may happen:

Team Hero (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles)

Team Dark (Shadow, Rouge, Omega)

Team Rose (Amy, Silver, Blaze)

Team Chaotix (Espio, Charmy, Vector)

Team Eggman (Metal Sonic, Dr. Eggman, Nack)

What do you think? This is my final prediction for now.

Plus, more ideas for DLC:

Team Wildcard (Sticks, Cream, Big)

Team SEGA (Ulala, Nights, AiAi)

I think Orbot + Cubot are more likely than Nack.

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

I think Orbot + Cubot are more likely than Nack.

I think they will be NPCs, they did say some characters are in the game that we haven't seen or played in a long time, so it could be Nack. But they could also be talking about the secondary cast, Rouge and Omega are already characters we haven't played in a while. So I don't know.

Sonic Team is weird when it comes to Classic characters. I don't expect to see any of them.

• Fist Bump 1

So I watched the gameplay videos and I noticed that there is a blue Egg Pawn on the track. From that picture where the Egg Pawn was first spotted, there was another blue veichle, but it was confused and it could have been Metal Sonic instead: now it's confirmed to be a blue Egg Pawn. At this point I think that Egg Pawns are just bots (gameplay-wise, I know they are robots :P) controlled by the CPU when there are not enough characters to reach 12 in a race (it may even be just for the demo). According to what I read, in the demo you can only play as Team Sonic or Team Dark characters, Egg Pawns aren't selectable.

Another interesting information is that there are 12 cars in each race, this means that if you have unlocked everyone, only 3 characters will stay out of the race. This makes me think that there are more teams they are keeping secret... but I'm not that sure about it, because more teams means more obscure characters... I can see a SEGA crossover team and a couple of additional Sonic teams (Babylon Rogues, Classic team...), not much more than that. Hopefully, Blaze/Silver/Cream/Big will be in the game in some way...

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, jgcatindig said:

Hopefully, if a circuit is too gloomy for Chao to be present in, I hope they use badniks instead, especially if its places like Eggmanland, SS Bad Future, Metallic Madness, or any Death Egg.

Maybe a circuit with humans would work in the game somewhere? 

@Miragnarok Only if its not a Sonic universe track. A Streets of Rage,  Outrun,  or Daytona track will do well with a human audience. 

Oh,  and if ever any part of Soleanna makes it to this games,  maybe a human/Chao mix?  

So,  with teams Sonic and Dark already confirmed, we are left to speculate three more Teams,  also taking notice that the Egg Pawns are not characters. So here's my prediction /wishlist, in Speed, Tech,  Power format. . And without further adieu...

Starters

Team Rose :

Blaze, Cream, Amy

Team Chaotix :

Espio, Charmy,  Vector

Team Empire

Metal Sonic, Infinite,  Eggman

Unlockable

Team Rejectz

Silver, Sticks,  Big

Team Zeti

Zazz,  Zeena, Zavok

• Nice Smile 1

I have a feeling that if we get Team Rose, Cream may ride alongside Amy instead of being in her own vehicle, with Big in an actual separate vehicle. Its Sumo Digital--I'm sure Big will be playable. I think he was cut from Transformed, but they still made him of all characters playable in the first, so in a Sonic exclusive title, I don't doubt they would go and make sure they're fully playable.

Similarly, I could see Charmy alongside Vector, and Blaze and Silver would be "extras" not really part of a team (or teamed together).

Cream at the very least is technically too young to drive. So I think they may take that into consideration. But we'll see.

I don't think Team Sonic and Team Dark will be listed as "Teams" in the roster, for example. I think they'll just be set together, and story-wise they'll be together, but outside of the story you can make your own teams with whoever is present.

Another fringe idea, but I'm uncertain of happening, is Jet on his own without the rest of the Babylon Rogues. Wave could be justified being off on the side as part of Jet's pit crew.

It depends on if they keep up the whole "Team" thing throughout, maintaining every member of each team, or mixing things up further down the line.

1 hour ago, JaidynReiman said:

I have a feeling that if we get Team Rose, Cream may ride alongside Amy instead of being in her own vehicle

Similarly, I could see Charmy alongside Vector

Cream at the very least is technically too young to drive. So I think they may take that into consideration. But we'll see.

You're funny

Eurogamer has confirmed on Youtube that Amy is a Technique type. Team Rose found dead.

6 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

Eurogamer has confirmed on Youtube that Amy is a Technique type. Team Rose found dead.

So, Big: power.

Blaze:Speed

Cream and Silver: out.

My theory

Here's the video in question. I feel like they broke NDA, cuz they're the only one that confirmed 3 more characters - Eggman, Amy and Egg Pawn.

Rest in peace those who thought Egg Pawn isn't gonna be a playable character

I suspect the Amy/Eggman mentions come from a fairly green, non-Sonic-fan reporter confusing Rouge for Amy and Omega for Eggman. 

I consider both of those character locks for the roster, obviously, but the lack of mentioning Rouge/Omega who are right there in the footage while "leaking" Amy/Eggman seems suspect.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

Here's the video in question. I feel like they broke NDA, cuz they're the only one that confirmed 3 more characters - Eggman, Amy and Egg Pawn.

Rest in peace those who thought Egg Pawn isn't gonna be a playable character

I think that was a mistake by the reporter, confusing Rouge and Omega for Amy and Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 5

15 minutes ago, brobotnik said:

I suspect the Amy/Eggman mentions come from a fairly green, non-Sonic-fan reporter confusing Rouge for Amy and Omega for Eggman. 

I consider both of those character locks for the roster, obviously, but the lack of mentioning Rouge/Omega who are right there in the footage while "leaking" Amy/Eggman seems suspect.

13 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

I think that was a mistake by the reporter, confusing Rouge and Omega for Amy and Eggman.

Though, how would that be possible each of the four ocharacters has a relatively unique design, so confusing them seems a bit weird.

• Promotion 1

I too think that Amy and Eggman are Rouge and Omega instead, they listed all the confirmed characters and the 2 we already know are not in the list.

Also, at 3:30 of the video, you can see 2 Egg Pawns, an orange one and a blue one... though the blue one has a spoiler on the car, while the orange one has the same car but without the spoiler. I don't reallly know what the Egg Pawns are supposed to be, it seems like they are a full team, I mean, the blue one is probably Speed, the orange is either Technique or Power. It's still not clear if they are going to be playable or not, and I would take the informations in that video with a grain of salt (with a load of salt if it turns out that Egg Pawns are playable and take 2 or 3 slots out of the 15).

EDIT: Oh well, still from 3:30, the next car after Knuckles and the 2 Egg Pawns is another Egg Pawn, it seems another orange one. This means that there are multiple Egg Pawns of the same color in the race (unless it's red and it's the Power one, but it seems orange to me). I think it's more likely that they are CPU bots than playable characters (well, maybe they will be bonus unlockable characters in the endgame, but I doubt they are considered in the 15 char. count).

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

I have a feeling that if we get Team Rose, Cream may ride alongside Amy instead of being in her own vehicle, with Big in an actual separate vehicle. Its Sumo Digital--I'm sure Big will be playable. I think he was cut from Transformed, but they still made him of all characters playable in the first, so in a Sonic exclusive title, I don't doubt they would go and make sure they're fully playable.

Similarly, I could see Charmy alongside Vector, and Blaze and Silver would be "extras" not really part of a team (or teamed together).

Problem is that it would completely mess up the entire point of having the team thing there if they didn't get to have all the team members ride solo. They certainly wouldn't for Charmy if they're going to have team Chaotix as one whole team. 

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Though, how would that be possible each of the four ocharacters has a relatively unique design, so confusing them seems a bit weird.

Non Sonic fans will confuse any character for each other. A non fan confusing any girl character he sees as Amy is just all too common.

Heck vinny vinesauce was playing a smash bros fan game and thought Espio was Amy just because shades of pink.

It’s just a thing people do. Granted, how anyone would confuse a robot for Eggman is beyond me, unless in their minds Eggman is piloting the robot or something.

• Thumbs Up 2

Next to Eurogamer, TheHollywoodReporter also mentioned Amy and Eggman alongside Team Dark, as well as Eggman being Power, so they were either confirmed backstage or are part of the E3 trailer. I wouldn't rule out Amy being Technique, they might go for Blaze or Silver as her team's Speed type instead. If it is true, then it definitely rules out Cream for the base roster.

Not too thrilled on the Egg Pawn bit, but I guess it makes sense having a character playable who they can also modify as a stock enemy for Adventure mode.

5 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

Cream at the very least is technically too young to drive.

So she can use hoverboards but can't drive in a kart racer? That's quite an arbitrary distinction you have there.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

If it was, then around half of the cast wouldn't be able to take part. Not even Sonic himself is technically old enough to drive..

• Thumbs Up 2

Since Sumo are developing it, make that around two thirds. The British age to drive is a year higher. 

2 hours ago, LukA8 said:

Next to Eurogamer, TheHollywoodReporter also mentioned Amy and Eggman alongside Team Dark, as well as Eggman being Power, so they were either confirmed backstage or are part of the E3 trailer. I wouldn't rule out Amy being Technique, they might go for Blaze or Silver as her team's Speed type instead. If it is true, then it definitely rules out Cream for the base roster.

Not too thrilled on the Egg Pawn bit, but I guess it makes sense having a character playable who they can also modify as a stock enemy for Adventure mode.

If Egg Pawn is indeed playable, just Headcanon your favorites who didn’t make the roster are the organic batteries of them.