Awoo.

Character and Circuit Discussion for Team Sonic Racing 🏁

jgcatindig

4 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Problem is that it would completely mess up the entire point of having the team thing there if they didn't get to have all the team members ride solo. They certainly wouldn't for Charmy if they're going to have team Chaotix as one whole team. 

What if Charmy isn't playable and instead, Amy takes his place as a guest Chaotix member? I mean, we already had Vector as a one-time member of team Rose. Plus, Amy did have a cameo in Chaotix's sound test.

Please don't kill me. XD

And another concept kart, this time,  of Charmy. 

IMG_20180607_093404.thumb.jpg.adab4ea538b5363443384e436635837d.jpg 

Based off the KTM X-Bow,  with a few alterations.

Edited by jgcatindig
spacing
  • Thumbs Up 4

7 hours ago, Skull Leader said:

What if Charmy isn't playable and instead, Amy takes his place as a guest Chaotix member? I mean, we already had Vector as a one-time member of team Rose. Plus, Amy did have a cameo in Chaotix's sound test.

Please don't kill me. XD

I know you're joking about this, but real talk how would that even work? Vector being on Team Rose was flimsy but you could at least see the reason they put forth making sense in the context of Free Riders. What reason could you do for Amy on Team Chaotix? 

14 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

I know you're joking about this, but real talk how would that even work? Vector being on Team Rose was flimsy but you could at least see the reason they put forth making sense in the context of Free Riders. What reason could you do for Amy on Team Chaotix? 

I hope they just use the regular team Chaotix and Rose. I wanna see Big again. And the chaotix together.

I could leave out Silver and Blaze.

• Thumbs Up 2

So... About customisation.

I can quite see some ricers having fun with this 😂 

But for real,  I'm predicting something along the lines of GT2 when upgrading for performance and the PS2-onwards NFS games for looks. 

Expecting something like this... 

PERFORMANCE

Engine

Suspension

Tires/Grip

Braking

Body

*All on 4 levels. Different characters have different max levels available.(i. e. Sonic can max his Tires but Tails cannot) 

AESTHETICS

Front Wing

Front Panels

Hood

Side

Rims

Rear Panels

Rear Wings

Interior

Everyone is speculating about playable characters, but is it possible we will see some NPCs cameos? Like Ristar in ASR, and Big and Segata in ASRT, or the JSR characters, it's possible, it would be cool since the roster is so small.

Anyway I'm definitely expecting either 1 or a team as pre-order bonus, besides the 15.

And I made a count, there are currently 16 Wisps, so they either use almost all of them, or create new ones, I'd be all for new Wisps, honestly. Same for the tracks, I doubt they can pull like 20 stages from past games, some have to be brand new. What do you think of my speculation?

And the car customization could be interesting, I expect lots of fanservice from this game!

• Thumbs Up 2

What if Amy is part of Eggman's team because Metal Sonic kidnapped her like in Sonic CD? :D

Metal Sonic - Speed, Amy - Technique, Eggman - Power

not really, I'm joking, it's obviously impossible.

Anyway, I think it's possible that Amy is considered Technique, especially considering her appearance in Sonic Boom, she's very athletic and skillful compared to the main canon version; ok, Boom is not canon, but it had influence in the main canon too (Sonic Forces IMO is slighty influenced by Boom).

Though, I'm skeptical about Silver and Blaze in Team Rose, I think it's more likely that they switched Cream and Charmy to speed type and Amy and Espio to Technique.

It makes sense, ninjas are skillful, they are suited for the role of technique characters, while light characters may be fast due to their light weight (being able to fly is not important in this game).

Then again, I think Blaze only fits Team Rose if Cream is in it, due to the events of Sonic Rush; otherwise she has no connections with Amy and Big other than being a girl like Amy, or a cat like Big. I mean, everything is possible, but I think it's very unlikely she's in the team without Cream; it's more likely that Team Rose is not in the game at all and Amy is a guest in a different team IMO.

Honestly there’s one thing that concerns me. I hope at the very least in free play multiplayer you’re able to mix characters per teams together so you’re not locked to certain characters per team only.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, RustyRick said:

Honestly there’s one thing that concerns me. I hope at the very least in free play multiplayer you’re able to mix characters per teams together so you’re not locked to certain characters per team only.

I hope there is a Solo Mode.

Most pepes are too edgy to even barely cooperate. I'd be ok if there wasn't, but I'm concerned about THOSE types of people online.

3 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Could be a similar one? The Chaotix need the prize money but they need a 3rd member since Charmy is too young to drive (even for a franchise of teen aged characters competing on racing), while Amy wants to enter to be with Sonic (or at least compete with him) but needs two other team mates to get in (Cream is unavailable either because she is too young or is grounded by her mom, while Big has more  important stuff to do, like fishing). Besides, like someone said earlier in this thread, Amy is a pretty cooperative character that joins anyone in need, just like she has done in the past.

I know it's a very long shot for this to happen, but I would really love to play as the flimsy underdog team that was formed out of necessity and take down the painfully obvious team Heroes.

On 6/7/2018 at 11:20 AM, Iko said:

Anyway, I think it's possible that Amy is considered Technique, especially considering her appearance in Sonic Boom, she's very athletic and skillful compared to the main canon version; ok, Boom is not canon, but it had influence in the main canon too (Sonic Forces IMO is slighty influenced by Boom).

Though, I'm skeptical about Silver and Blaze in Team Rose, I think it's more likely that they switched Cream and Charmy to speed type and Amy and Espio to Technique.

It makes sense, ninjas are skillful, they are suited for the role of technique characters, while light characters may be fast due to their light weight (being able to fly is not important in this game).

Then again, I think Blaze only fits Team Rose if Cream is in it, due to the events of Sonic Rush; otherwise she has no connections with Amy and Big other than being a girl like Amy, or a cat like Big. I mean, everything is possible, but I think it's very unlikely she's in the team without Cream; it's more likely that Team Rose is not in the game at all and Amy is a guest in a different team IMO.

...I could see Amy-Cream-Blaze, the story logic presumably being that Cream persuaded Blaze it would be fun and Amy would go along with anything that gave her a full team.  They're all female, all in broadly the same part of the colour spectrum (Edit: They're also the same composition as the original Team Rose but with one B-initial cat replacing another); these aren't the best unifying themes, but they are there.  I don't know if I see Cream being Speed-type if she's on a team with Blaze the Cat, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

@FFWF Would be most happy if that iteration of Team Rose came thru. Sorry Big fans, he dosen't deserve to be anything but a meme. But, I'll be also fine if the original Heroes team made their karting return.

That then would put Silver, Blaze, and possibly Sticks in another team. Blaze will be Speed, Sticks going Technique, and Silver as Power.

6 hours ago, Skull Leader said:

Could be a similar one? The Chaotix need the prize money but they need a 3rd member since Charmy is too young to drive (even for a franchise of teen aged characters competing on racing), while Amy wants to enter to be with Sonic (or at least compete with him) but needs two other team mates to get in (Cream is unavailable either because she is too young or is grounded by her mom, while Big has more  important stuff to do, like fishing). Besides, like someone said earlier in this thread, Amy is a pretty cooperative character that joins anyone in need, just like she has done in the past.

I know it's a very long shot for this to happen, but I would really love to play as the flimsy underdog team that was formed out of necessity and take down the painfully obvious team Heroes.

The idea behind this "too young to drive" thing is funny. 

It's like, "Here Cream, take this hoverboard and race through these dangerous obstacles. No car for you though. You're too young to drive."

"Hey Charmy, you can't drive because you're too young but here, run headlong into the front lines of a massive war."

"Tails, you're two years older than Charmy and Cream so it's okay. 8 is definitely old enough but not 6."

And then I think back to how Mario Kart allowed you to race as infant versions of the characters.

We gotta nix this "too young to drive" thing. It clearly doesn't matter. At all.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

@Dr. Detective Mike by that logic:

• All of Team Sonic cannot drive
  • All of Team Dark can drive(Shadow=50, Rouge=18, Omega=bot)
  • Only Vector, Blaze, and Big can drive
  • All other characters in Forces can be considered child soldiers(including your Avatar)

See the chaos that logic makes? Yeah, me too.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/5/2018 at 9:32 AM, Mayor D said:

There!

She!

Is!

Team-Sonic-Racing_2018_06-05-18_009.jpg

"Destroy all Eggman racers!"

Team-Sonic-Racing_2018_06-05-18_003.jpg

Omega’s tires look exactly like LEGO all-terrain tires. Is that reference intentional? In fact, a lot of it looks LEGO to me. And I do think his legs transformed into his wheels. 

And about Donpa (which got auto-corrected into Dimps), what does that name mean? It sounds very Japanese.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/7/2018 at 7:14 AM, Marco9966 said:

NPCs: would be cool to see Vanilla, Orbot and Cubot.

Would be cool to see Vanilla in 3D for the first time tho'. 

• Thumbs Up 4

@Jango what if it is a Vanilla/Cream together on Team Rose? On one vehicle as Technique.

• Thumbs Up 1

It bothers me a bit to see some people say they didn't like the concept of the game when all we have seen is a simple track and 6 characters. It gives me the impression that no one likes to try out new mechanics, and they prefer to stay in their comfort zones by playing just every casual running game that looks like Mario Kart (?)

And about what some have said about the game giving you the option to play all-vs-all.

I do not think this is going to happen, and if it does happen, I'm hoping it's not a game-mode that has much emphasis or importance within the game.

There is the problem that who creates the rules of the game and its modalities are the developers. As Sumo has already shown and said, the main focus of the game is on competitiveness in cooperation. So let's see how they will deepen this idea.

Of course, Sumo Digital needs to make a game with these concepts that's fun enough for people to want to go back to play more - but some people's lack of faith in an idea that has not even been released/played is still a bit annoying. 

Please let's open our minds and try  some new ideas. All we've seen is that the game will focus on cooperation - but we don't know how that will be implemented in gameplay variations. Especially when it comes to the tracks and other game modes (which I hope that's also in teams!)

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

On 6/7/2018 at 8:36 PM, jgcatindig said:

• Only Vector, Blaze, and Big can drive

But Blaze is 14. Tho' I guess she's royalty so maybe she can bend the rules. XP

• Chuckle 1

33 minutes ago, Celestia said:

But Blaze is 14. Tho' I guess she's royalty so maybe she can bend the rules. XP

Lol, true, as the Queen is the only person who doesn't require a driver's license in the UK. Because monarchical nonsense.

1 hour ago, jgcatindig said:

@Celestia ooh,  didn't thought of that. I knew Silver was 16, along with Knux. 

Silver is 14.

Would Silver actually drive his car, or would he just move it with his psychokinesis?  Similarly, I wonder if Omega in a vehicle counts as a driverless car.  Weighty issues which the story mode will no doubt give the attention they deserve, which is none.

Truthfully I don’t like the idea of Omega being the car. But a quick scene where Tails modifies him to race properly might be fun.