Awoo.

Channel Awesome Was Not So Awesome

Balding Spider

https://subscribercounter.com/channel/UCiH828EtgQjTyNIMH6YiOSw

https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/achannelthatsawesome/realtime

The subscriber count is getting closer and closer to falling below one million as you can see in these. ^

Also, latest NC review is averaging at 400,000 views. Quite a drop from the norm.

Looks like things getting worse and worse. So many people are leaving and I doubt the very few producers that are left will be enough to keep it afloat. 

Marzgurl weighs in on the recent JewWario news with this incredibly emotional video.

This was really hard to listen to.  God, this is so messed up.  But I'm glad that someone has spoken up about it.

Count Jackula also adds his own two cents-

• Thumbs Up 1

In latest news. Doug has changed his working status to past tense when it comes to working at Channel Awesome. Uh oh. 

I just thought of something, what do you think special guests that came to the sets would think of this or if they knew about the working conditions?

5 hours ago, Jovahexeon Omega-Sapphire said:

In latest news. Doug has changed his working status to past tense when it comes to working at Channel Awesome. Uh oh. 

shipshipshipdinner.thumb.jpg.4c609c0829c26b81a7af1aa30bd5529e.jpg

I think it's safe to say this ship is down for the count. Goodbye Channel Awesome, rest in piss, forever miss.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2
  • Fist Bump 1

I wonder if this means we'll be seeing some reaction, or apology of some sort.  I know he's not really the guy who's at fault, but he certainly hasn't been helping any of the problems that unfolded over the years. 

Cinemassacre is no longer listed as a partner, leaving only Cinema Snob.

• Thumbs Up 1

Geez, if Doug Walker is leaving then you might as well declare Channel Awesome dead. It's amazing how fast this all went down. 

3 hours ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Good, that means I can at least watch AVGN with a clear conscience. 

I'd wait to see whatever response he puts out; Doug and Rob are far from blameless. CEO Mike Michaud may have been the cause of most employee stress, but Doug is complicit in everything, right down to being the reason why Mike is CEO and why he owns the Nostalgia Critic character. Doug's incompetence, passiveness, and at times outright wrongful decisions (such as voting to fire Holly) made it so there was no respite for any contributer on the site.

Edit: Wait a minute... this post I wrote doesn't make any sense. I completely misread AVGN as Nostalgia Critic in a fit of what I can only assume is total blindness, possibly brought on by imminent heart failure. But... I guess if you PRETEND that I was responding to something relevant, my point still stands? Umm... apologies to Harkofthewaa. Glad I caught this sooner than later.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm holding off on thinking too hard about the idea of Doug leaving until we get official confirmation.  They haven't exactly handled anything intelligently so far, so why start now, you know?  And I agree with Legendary Emerald.  Even if Doug was leaving, it wouldn't absolve him of his own responsibility in this whole affair.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 4/15/2018 at 8:20 PM, VEDJ-F said:

This about sums up the lighter side of things. 

Someone made it fifty times better.

• Thumbs Up 3

The plot thickens again. Saw this on Reddit.

Malcolm confirms they're still making videos, but specifically states "he didn't say it was for CA".

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, that seems interesting. Wonder if they're going back to a simpler time with any new stuff and attempting a go of it with no outside help.

As far as I'm concerned, this only changes the name of the operation, and maybe some of the prominent figures.  When Doug and Rob are as much part of the business as Mike is, and they've made their own share of horrible decisions as well, they'd have to do something pretty extraordinary for me to even care rather the Nostalgia Critic is affiliated with CA or any other media circle.  Seriously, it's puzzling me, because I'm not sure where they're actually going with this.  It's like they think the issues people had are with the conceptual existence of the company rather than the actions of its management.  The fact that they're keeping us in the dark and acting like it's supposed to be a surprise makes it even more... odd.  Perhaps I'm jumping the gun a bit here, but when it's being presented like this, it makes me think they're treating this like just another performance.  Like they'll reveal their strategy and be greeted with thunderous applause.  Suffice it to say, now really isn't the time for that, you know?

• Thumbs Up 3

I think this might just be a behind-the-scenes type deal where they're hoping to salvage something by splitting from the name all this bad news is coming from to hopefully make the more casual market think this is a completely different thing. And if that is the case, I hope it doesn't work.

• Thumbs Up 2

Doesn't help that going by Malcom and Tamara's replies on confrontations on Twitter, it sounds like they're still prepping that video response to get "the truth" out. Ugh.

Even now, I think Doug Walker and the NC crew might be able to salvage their reputation by completely cutting ties with Channel Awesome and releasing an extremely thorough and sincere apology taking responsibility for everything that they did wrong and also not trying to excuse anyone else who contributed to the problems, including a 1000% repudiation of Mike Michaud. I doubt that will happen, though. Instead, I think what @DarkRula is suggesting is more likely.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wanted to clarify something here: 

There's been new NC episodes releasing during this whole mess. This isn't indicative of anything. According to Reddit, Doug and crew normally have about four episodes pre-filmed and ready to go. With how many episodes that's released during this - next week's episode is the final pre-filmed one.

Which means we'll have a final answer in two weeks if Doug is still making videos for CA or not or if CA is currently just running through their reserves.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/17/2018 at 8:17 AM, Tara said:

I'm holding off on thinking too hard about the idea of Doug leaving until we get official confirmation.  They haven't exactly handled anything intelligently so far, so why start now, you know?  And I agree with Legendary Emerald.  Even if Doug was leaving, it wouldn't absolve him of his own responsibility in this whole affair.

Well, you can put this one to bed. New Sibling Rivalry has been released for Infinity War, which would've had to have been recorded recently because it only released this week in cinema. Therefore, Doug and co will not be leaving Channel Awesome.

And I remain shaking my head in total disappointment of Doug that maybe he would've taken a stand for once but nope.

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Well, you can put this one to bed. New Sibling Rivalry has been released for Infinity War, which would've had to have been recorded recently because it only released this week in cinema. Therefore, Doug and co will not be leaving Channel Awesome.

And I remain shaking my head in total disappointment of Doug that maybe he would've taken a stand for once but nope.

Couldn't it be a scheduled thing? Whatever contract or agreement they reached with Channel Awesome could've just included his content for the final four weeks, and Sibling Rivalry was included due to releasing inside those weeks.