Awoo.

Konami properties might get new media from 4K Media

Lanolin

Before you get too excited, 4K doesn't mean a resolution, it stands for .... 4Kids, dun dun dun, but they mostly just do Yu-Gi-Oh stuff nowadays, plus they did bring us the Right Back At Ya Dub, anyways, according to an licensing expo, they got the rights to Bomberman, Contra and Frogger.

Say what you like, but I did like waking up to 4Kids cheesy dubs on Saturdays, I guess it could be fun to see that again.

• Absolutely 1

A Contra TV show makes sense for Konami as most of the projectiles in the classic games already looked like pachinko balls.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 4
  • Fist Bump 1

I'm mostly just surprised to learn that 4K Media is still in business after that lawsuit brought them down to their last leg.  I don't expect these shows will be enough to revitalize the brand.

HIT THE LEVER!

• Promotion 2
  • Fist Bump 1

15 minutes ago, Tara said:

I don't expect these shows will be enough to revitalize the brand.

Hopefully, 4Kids try to be more reasonable in their censorship.

@Tornado It also makes sense for Konami because only they would be "smart" enough to have a franchises dedicated to sci-fi warfare be stripped of all it's firearms. And this is after they announced that they're turning Bomberman into fanservice trash.

4Kids sold their production unit to Konami, if I'm not mistaken, changed focus, and then went under. 4K Media is 4Kids' former production unit, and are basically all that's left of 4Kids in any form. If my info is correct, at least.

As for these licenses they may be working on? Time will tell what happens. Contra doesn't seem like something 4Kids would touch, but this is a different owner in business, with most likely a different mindset. Bomberman might work. And Frogger.

But my big concern is how well the employees are treated. This is Konami that's in charge of 4Kids' remains, after all, and we all know the horror stories, so I only hope Konami is treating them well.

• Thumbs Up 4

New animated Bomberman show with the entire cast of Sonic X playing the various bombers or bust.

35 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

New animated Bomberman show with the entire cast of Sonic X playing the various bombers or bust.

Only if it took an excessive amount of inspiration from Atomic Bomberman.

• Chuckle 2

4 Kids I don't have too much of a sour standing on, as they use to be good. And they arguably can be still. To bad they barely exist. But my like for Konami, after what they did with Hideo Kojima, is zero. However, if they think promoting new content through 4 Kids is the way to go, then I'll stand aside without much complaint. But my predictions are that it'll flop, or just be barely passable to make a profit off of. Lord knows the gaming market Konami is current exploiting, has no reapable value hardly due to how pissed fans of their company brand ended up being.

On 4/5/2018 at 6:16 PM, RedFox99 said:

Hopefully, 4Kids try to be more reasonable in their censorship.

Considering their getting wrecked by lawsuits had nothing to do with censorship, I doubt it.

10 hours ago, Axl.EXE said:

Considering their getting wrecked by lawsuits had nothing to do with censorship, I doubt it.

Will they're not really even a thing anymore so we don't have to worry about that.