Awoo.

Motobug's Reviewer Showcase - Bringing Spotlight to Reviewers and other Content Creators! - WEEK 7 WINNER: RadicalSoda - Every Sunday at 10pm GMT/5pm EST

Ryannumber1gamer

Well, as announced in the main Motobug topic, we've cancelled our Sunday stream and decided to do something else for it. While there have been many ideas for what could replace it, we decided we wanted to use this as a chance to use Motobug for a more productive use and also involve SSMB as a community a little more, and when I posted a status earlier, it seemed many wanted this as well! That's why we're happy to announce that the Sunday stream will now be a stream dedicated to showcasing various reviewers that SSMB members can suggest to us! Each night, we'll bring you two full hours of the content creator that is voted for right here on SSMB! It's a pretty new project for us to undertake so we hope it goes well and everybody can get some fun out of it.

Right, so details. Right now, we want to keep it focused on game reviewers. We might branch this out further towards movies and music as well, but as we're starting off, and since games seems to be a common interest on SSMB, that seems like the best place to try this. 

Secondly, we'll also be allowing not just game reviewers here, but other games related content like Let's Players and other such things as well! 

Thirdly, how is this all going to work? Well, every week, we'll ask for suggestions in this topic for the reviewer being showcased on a given week. When we've narrowed that down to four reviewers, we'll then allow everyone to vote on the reviewer they want to see, and the person with the most votes will get the showcase of the week.

Furthermore, there will be a "Encore" week every month. This is where we'll take the last four showcased reviewers and place them in a vote. Whoever wins that vote will then get a second week of new videos for spotlight. This one is still being considered so we do wanna hear your thoughts on it!. 

With that said, if there is any questions you'd like to ask, feel free to do so. As this is the first week, we're going to start off with a smaller vote while we await suggestions for reviewers to be showcased. We'd also love feedback on the stream idea as a whole.

The time as usual is 10pm GMT/5pm EST, and it will be on Sundays. It'll begin on Sunday 15th April.

And of course, it'll be streamed on Motobug.

With that said, while we're awaiting suggestions on reviewers, the current vote for the premiere is Caddicarus or SomeCallMeJohnny! Feel free to vote in the topic!

• Thumbs Up 3

Ah shit this vote is hard. 

Egh.

I'll probably go with Johnny for the premiere even though Caddy might be more entertaining and/or bizarre. 

oh god this is tough can we do both

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, blueblur98 said:

my channel

nitro rad or caddicarus is my vote.

To be clear - if you're voting, vote for who's currently in the vote. Caddicarus would be a vote since this week is between him or SomeCallMeJohnny while NitroRad would be a suggestion.

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

To be clear - if you're voting, vote for who's currently in the vote. Caddicarus would be a vote since this week is between him or SomeCallMeJohnny while NitroRad would be a suggestion.

oh, okay.

my vote's for caddy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh gosh, this IS tough. I feel Johnny's reviews are more sincere and thought out, but darned if Caddy's aren't significantly more fun to watch.

Guess I gotta give it to ol' Juanny boy.

• Thumbs Up 2

58 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Secondly, we'll also be allowing not just game reviewers here, but other games related content like Let's Players and other such things as well! 

Huh, well SCWRM fits that bill,  go figure. 

Anyway,  vote wise,  I vote Somecallmejohnny.

• Thumbs Up 2

Johnny. I think Caddy is fine but he kinda falls into the subgenre of JonTron lite to a degree. Though he's still separates himself much better than PBG. I still think he's pretty good, but better off being himself. His passion there is stronger than the silliness for me personally.

Johnny is just his own person who is sincere with his own charm. It's kinda reminiscent of James Rolfe when he ISN'T the AVGN persona. They have a relaxing aura about them. He also doesn't fall into Jontronism's which I see from a lot of the "weird" reviewers. Not to mention he's a walking gold mine of gifs and images and he knows it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tough, but i'll go with SomecallmeJohnny. Besides, Caddy will probably be the next anyway after we'll be caught up with Juan.

It's a tough choice for me. Before I can decide, though, I should ask:

Which videos/reviews would be shown for each reviewer? Will it simply start with their earlier reviews shown in release order, or will it be more of a "highlights/best of" selection of videos?

1 minute ago, NegaMetallix said:

It's a tough choice for me. Before I can decide, though, I should ask:

Which videos/reviews would be shown for each reviewer? Will it simply start with their earlier reviews shown in release order, or will it be more of a "highlights/best of" selection of videos?

Highlights/Best of.

For example, one of Johnny's videos might be 06's review because it's one of his most well known videos.

• Fist Bump 1

8 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Highlights/Best of.

For example, one of Johnny's videos might be 06's review because it's one of his most well known videos.

50+ minutes and yet i feel almost none of them every time. Amazing
I take though his Vs. review will be the main plate?

4 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

50+ minutes and yet i feel almost none of them every time. Amazing
I take though his Vs. review will be the main plate?

It would. Because stuff likes his lets plays would be under SuperGamingBros. So that’d need to be another suggestion and vote. 

For example - Game Grumps and Egoraptor’s sequelitis stuff would be counted as separate and therefore be two different votes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Johnny, definitely. I don't have much in the way of suggestions, and I'm not going to say the Yogscast or Hat Hilms as I know some find them a bit... too annoying.

• Thumbs Up 1

About the "encore" week, i think it's a good idea, it will be like the winner of the month.

Oh and my vote, Here's Johnny:

heres_juan.png

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

Johnny as well, he seems pretty idealist for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

People really want videos by this numbnuts

no this isn't a possible hint to one of the possible videos you're talking crazy talk

Heads up - vote will end tomorrow and winner will be announced during tomorrow's DKC stream and then posted here!

Be sure to get your votes in before 10pm GMT/5pm EST tomorrow! 

Happy to announce this week's winner! SOMECALLMEJOHNNY! 

Tune in tomorrow at 5pm EST/10pm GMT for his set of highlight reviews!