Awoo.

HUGE Sega Announcement @Sega Fes 2018 (1am UK) "Probably Shenmue Related"

Badnik Mechanic

LiveStream link: 

Sega Europe have also tweeted this and called it a 'huge announcement'

I do not know if it's Sonic related... but... Sega of Japan's accounts and a lot of Japanese twitter accounts (for various merchandise) have been posting Sonic related stuff all day. 

Something is happening.

If anyone gets live stream details can they share so I can update the op.

• Thumbs Up 4

If i was to guess, by the art style alone, i'd say "Sonic Runners 3.0" , but that's unfortunately probably not the case.

Here is a stream link on YouTube. Event will take place at 10:00am UTC+9. Possibly to be streamed on Motobug, who knows.

I don't know what to expect, but we'll just have to see what's up.

...will there be SMT V news...?

I’m actually a bit stuck for any ideas as to what this could be. Exclusive merch maybe? But then again they’ve just released that watered down SEGA store. Maybe it could be a MegaDrive mini? 

Who knows.

Hmm, unless the Sonic twitter posts about it I'm not sure it's gonna be a Sonic announcement specifically although he might well play a role. Unless this is truly an enormous bombshell that needed its own space then I imagine SXSW would've been the time for any big Sonic announcements for this year, outside of a proper movie reveal. 

If it IS Sonic then I think it HAS to be the new racing game getting shown off.

1 minute ago, The Loudest Loud said:

Hmm, unless the Sonic twitter posts about it I'm not sure it's gonna be a Sonic announcement specifically although he might well play a role. Unless this is truly an enormous bombshell that needed its own space then I imagine SXSW would've been the time for any big Sonic announcements for this year, outside of a proper movie reveal. 

If it IS Sonic then I think it HAS to be the new racing game getting shown off.

Sonic is on the logo so...

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

If I had to guess - gameplay reveal of Racing seems likely.

I'm expecting mostly this. Plus probably something related to the movie, Mania Plus footage and maybe a teaser for another DLC episode for Forces. Far out it can be a third Boom 3DS game.
As for the rest, considering also SEGA of Japan is promoting this i'm not hoping a lot on stuff that already came out in Japan and have yet to be released in the west, like Yakuza Kiwami 2 or Shining Resonance. Who knows, maybe it's finally a Saturn or Dreamcast Collection announcement.
On the Atlus side, i'm expecting more news for SMTV, Persona Q2, the new Etrian Odyssey X they just announced and that new fantasy IP that has been promoted for a while.

I'm surprised that it seems relevant to the West, at first I was just expecting a small arcade reveal. That said, I don't really see it being something Sonic-centric - I feel like it'd be weird for SEGA's general accounts to hype something like that up this much, rather than the Sonic account handling it. I know Sonic's on the logo, but that's more cuz he's SEGA's mascot, innit. The art's just reused from Puyo Quest.

Maybe a crossover thing outside of Sumo is on the way? Would certainly make up for the Sonic-centric racing thing. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Right, been reading a few sources.

The big announcement isn't likely to be Sonic.

But there will be Sonic at this thing.

We already had major Mania-related news recently and it still feels too soon to announce a game from Sonic Team, so if the big news is Sonic-related I'd guess it's either a proper reveal of the racing game (which I'm not sure would really qualify as "huge"), or maybe some kind of news about the movie.

It's also very possible that it has nothing to do with Sonic, in which case, eh.

I don't expect this "HUGE" announcement to be Sonic-related. Like Tracker said, it'd be weird for SEGA accounts to hype this up and not Sonic's twitter.

To be fair tho, I dunno what would be so relevant that they would tweet this out... Maybe Shenmue ports/remasters pls sega?

also no racing cuz that'd rek my conspiracy theory ahead of time

59 minutes ago, NikoS said:

If i was to guess, by the art style alone, i'd say "Sonic Runners 3.0" , but that's unfortunately probably not the case.

Going off the art style, I'd say it's Sonic Jam 2. Since that's actually Sonic Jam's cover art. :P

CFuesoR.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 2

30 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Full event schedule: https://gematsu.com/2018/04/sega-fes-2018-live-stream-schedule

This event lasts for 7 hours!

April 14

• B1F Stage
    • 10:30 to 11:00 – Thanks to All Sega Fans: Sega Fan Meet-Up 2018 (YouTube, Niconico, Twitch) – An event where Sega will thank all of its fans. Sega Holdings chairman, executive director, and CEO Hajime Satomi will appear to announce the opening of Sega Fes 2018, as well as make it a place where several “answers” can be shown in response to the passion and expectations of all the Sega fans.
    • 11:30 to 12:30 – Border Break for PlayStation 4 New Information Announcement Stage (YouTube, Niconico, Twitch) – The appeal and latest information on the PlayStation 4 version of Border Break. Additionally, there will be answers to various questions that were collected during the open beta test. Presenters include Seiji Aoki (producer) and You Momotani (director). Misuzu Araki will MC. Guests include Yuu Serizawa, Madoka Asahina, Kanako Takatsuki, Koyomi, and Kaname*.
    • 13:00 to 14:00 – Soul Reverse Zero Stage (YouTube, Niconico, Twitch) – The first reveal of information about the second part of the story scheduled to be implemented this spring, as well as new collaboration-related information, a public post-recording corner, and gameplay. There will also be postcard presents with serial codes attached for attendees. Presenters include Norikazu Hirai (Soul Reverse Zero producer). Guests include voice actors Nanami Yamashita, Yuuki Yonai, and Saki Minami.
    • 15:00 to 16:15 – Readyyy! Golden Stage Vol. 0: Our Official Start! (YouTube, Niconico, Twitch) – In addition to all 18 newcomer cast members, and MCs Masaya Matsukaze and Yohei Azakami, this stage event will debut previously unannounced game information, and 10 songs will be performed live. Guests include voice actors Tetsuei Sumiya, Norihito Hase, Hayato Komiya, Jun Endo, Noriaki Kanze, Ryuichi Sawada, Tomohiro Ohmachi, Hattori Sonosuke, Shuichiro Umeda, Haruto Kuroki, Issei Furuta, Shun Yasuda, Taiki Bito, Shuma Konoe, Masamu Ono, Katsuyuki Miura, Yuuki Sakakihara, and Fumiya Tanaka.
    • 17:00 to 18:00 – Sonic DJ Live (YouTube, Niconico, Twitch) – A Sonic the Hedgehog music-only DJ concert featuring series sound director Tomoya Ohtani. The first half will be focused on DJing, while the second half will feature guest vocalist Jon Underdown.
  • 1F Live Stream Booth
    • 10:00 to 10:30 – Opening (YouTube, Periscope)
    • 10:30 to 11:00 – Merchandise and Attractions Overview (YouTube, Periscope) – An overview of the items on sale at Sega Fes, as well as attractions such as the Big UFO Catcher, Gigantic Mega Drive Controller, and more.
    • 11:20 to 11:40 – Ange Vierge: Girls Battle (YouTube, Periscope) – Featuring guests Yuuka Aisaka and Yoshiko Ikuta, this stage will deliver information on the “Progress Popularity Poll” currently going on in the game, as well as the “All Circle Summit Showdown E.V.E.” Additionally, there will be advanced release information during the booth live stream.
    • 11:40 to 12:00 – Chain Chronicle Official Broadcast in Akihabara at Sega Fes 2018 (YouTube, Periscope) – Yurika Takagi, who voices Alice in Chain Chronicle, will take on an official broadcast-exclusive mission with a party formed of Sakura Wars, Shining series, Valkyria Chronicles, and Sega Hardware Girls characters. If she succeeds, viewers will get five SR characters as a present. There will also be information on the second half of Chapter 7.
    • 12:00 to 12:20 – Let’s Create a Pro Soccer Club Tsukurou! Road to World (YouTube, Periscope) – A full overview of the currently in-development Sakatsuku: Road to the World with guest and former soccer player Tatsuhiko Kubo, who also appears in the game. Presenters include producer Riichiirou Yamada.
    • 13:20 to 15:00 – Sega Information Station (YouTube, Periscope) – Various information from each company within Sega Group with developments and guests.
    • 15:30 to 17:30 – Phantasy Star Online 2 DFG Sega Fes Official Broadcast (YouTube, Periscope) – At the Phantasy Star Online 2 live stream and event, the three members of the Dark Farce Girls (DFG) will play the newly launched Phantasy Star Online 2 Cloud for Switch. Featuring Dark Farce Girls Marika Kouno, Riko Kohara, and Yurika Takagi.
    • 18:00 to 18:30 – Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night / Persona 5: Dancing Star Night (YouTube, Periscope) – Atlus producer Kazuhisa Wada introduces Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night / Persona 5: Dancing Star Night, which is playable at Sega Fes 2018.
    • 18:30 to 19:00 – Ending (YouTube, Periscope)

April 15

• B1F Stage
    • 10:30 to 12:30 – Puyo Puyo Championship at Sega Fes 2018 (YouTube, Niconico, Twitch) – The first tournament of Puyo Puyo series’ Japan e-Sports Pro License players with a grand prize of one million yen. Featuring Puyo Puyo series general producer Mizuki Hosoyamada and guest Teiichirou Sunagawa of Yofukashi no Kai.
    • 13:00 to 14:00 – Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation Stage (YouTube, Niconico, Twitch) – The latest news on future updates and the augmented reality functionality that was previously announced. Featuring protagonist voice actor Yuuki Ono, freelance writer Mafia Kajita, and cosplayer Rochelle Kashou as a Pixie. Chief producer Riichirou Yamada will also be present.
    • 14:30 to 16:30 – Phantasy Star Online 2 Station! Sega Fes 2018 Special (YouTube, Niconico, Twitch) – The official broadcast for the latest information on the online RPG Phantasy Star Online 2, this time hosted at Sega Fes 2018. In addition to MC Ayaka Suwa and Nasu Nakanishi, Claris Claes voice actres Aoi Yuuki will also be featured. Presenters include Phantasy Star Online 2 sreies producer Satoshi Sakai and series director Yuuya Kimura.
    • 17:00 to 18:00 – Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night / Persona 5: Dancing Star Night and Persona 5 the Animation Special Stage (YouTube, Niconico, Twitch) – A talk show featuring voice actors Jun Fukuyama (Protagonist / Ren Amamiya) and Aoi Yuuki (Futaba Sakura) as guests, and a mini-concert featuring vocalist Lyn. Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5: Dancing Star Night producer Kazuhisa Wada will also be featured.
  • 1F Live Stream Booth
    • 10:00 to 10:30 – Opening (YouTube, Periscope)
    • 10:00 to 11:00 – Merchandise and Attractions Overview (YouTube, Periscope) – An overview of the items on sale at Sega Fes, as well as attractions such as the Big UFO Catcher, Gigantic Mega Drive Controller, and more.
    • 11:00 to 11:50 – Soul Reverse Stage: Soul Reverse Time!! at Sega Fes 2018 (YouTube, Periscope) – The official broadcast of the new arcade game Soul Reverse, this time at Sega Fes 2018. Live gameplay from writer Bunbun Maru and gamer talent Riran with producer Sakai.
    • 12:10 to 13:00 – Star Horse Pocket (YouTube, Periscope) – Using the improved simulation races of the late April-due version update, the April 15 “GI Satsuki Sho” will be predicted. Future event information will also be announced. Presenters include director Yoshihiro Okabayashi and image character Hihin Maru. Voice actress Ayaka Imamura will MC the event.
    • 13:00 to 13:30 – Kyoutou Kotoba RPG Kotodaman (YouTube, Periscope) – The latest information on Kotodaman ahead of its official service launch on April 16. Additionally, live gameplay of the final version with all the character voices included. Presenters include producer Taira Nakamura and assistant producer Nomekata, and guest voice actress Mami Yamashita.
    • 13:30 to 15:10 – Sega Information Station (YouTube, Periscope) – Various information from each company within Sega Group with developments and guests.
    • 15:40 to 16:20 – Classic Game Stage (YouTube, Periscope) – An introduction to various initiatives related to Sega’s classic games while looking back on a variety of titles with MC8bit and M2’s Naoki Horii. There will also be many new announcements. Presenters include Sega Games’ Kagasei Shimomura and Yosuke Okunari.
    • 16:50 to 17:30 – Valkyria Chronicles 4 (YouTube, Periscope) – Live gameplay of the “Two Valkyrias” downloadable content for the PlayStation 4 version of Valkyria Chronicles 4, which is available now, as well as additional new information on the Switch version. Featuring producer Kei Mikami. Singer and novelist Hashiyan Kosaka will MC the event.
    • 17:30 to 18:00 – Ending (YouTube, Periscope)

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/04/sega-fes-2018-live-stream-schedule#HICxE8zf3BVtlQhu.99

Hmm, can't really get a bead on anything alluding to supposedly a new game reveal.

1 hour ago, NikoS said:

The Art style is mosty based on Sonic's JAM CD jewel, and classic sonic era. how indigo says up there

Is it possible it's just a(nother) "new" Sega collection? Which includes Sonic.

Just now, Jack the Maniac said:

Hmm, i don't think so.. 

14 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Right, been reading a few sources.

The big announcement isn't likely to be Sonic.

But there will be Sonic at this thing.

Any particular spoilery disclosure or is it stuff it's best not to be divulged until the proper reveal?

1 hour ago, Teoskaven said:

Any particular spoilery disclosure or is it stuff it's best not to be divulged until the proper reveal?

Just some reasonable deductions...

Basically... the events own website states it's a 'surprise announcement' and whilst the Sega channels are posting this, all the Sonic Media outlets are not.

I've got a feeling it's either a new IP, Shenmue HD Collection or something Yakuza related...

Otherwise it's a big Sega business news thing, like those movies/TV shows they went into a few years back which seemed to vanish.

Guys, it's clearly

Spoiler

Sonic Forces Plus, after the great success of the original

• Chuckle 1

18 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Going off the art style, I'd say it's Sonic Jam 2. Since that's actually Sonic Jam's cover art. :P

CFuesoR.jpg

Sonic Jam 2: featuring Unleashed, Colors and Generations, releasing on all platforms later this year.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1