Awoo.

HUGE Sega Announcement @Sega Fes 2018 (1am UK) "Probably Shenmue Related"

Badnik Mechanic

Not expecting much (and I don't care about Sonic), but praying for Skies of Arcadia HD has become a yearly tradition for me since 2010 so here we go again

l3TynXT.gif

• Thumbs Up 7

Worth noting - M2's Horii-san will be presenting the Classic Game Stage on the 15th. Apparently it'll cover initiatives regarding SEGA's older titles - with "many announcements".

...SEGA's M2 ports on Switch? Please? 

• Thumbs Up 1

It's Shenmue

Sega Europe have retweeted that...

And Koch Media publish Shenmue have also posted the following.

Koch-media.jpg

I don't think that really proves anything - Koch distribute all of SEGA's games in Europe, as far as I'm aware. I suppose you could take the "huge" comment to mean something, but I'd see more that just communicating with fans jokingly as they have been doing more recently. SEGA Europe also haven't retweeted that Shenmue post, either. 

I'm pretty much in the same boat as everyone here. They're just building up hype to disappoint everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hoping for a new Miku game announcement, personally. Or just more songs for Future Tone PS4.

I personally don't pay attention to these things anyway. If something related to Sonic happens, I'll sooner watch the individual trailer than a huge event in hopes of one. Anyway, I expect nothing of interest at all. As it's been said before, it's bound to be a bunch of hype with little to no reward.

Edited by Ashwalking Bat

1 hour ago, Ashwalking Bat said:

As it's been said before, it's bound to be a bunch of hype with little to no reward.

Like, in terms of Sonic stuff or just Sega in general? Cuz they're probably going to announce stuff that isn't Sonic too.

Sega's Non-Sonic stuff doesn't appeal to me at all, so if all of this is for some other random IP, I really won't care. I either want to hear about the racing new, some other new console game or nothing at all.

I'll be going in with no expectations, as always.

34 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Like, in terms of Sonic stuff or just Sega in general? Cuz they're probably going to announce stuff that isn't Sonic too.

I guess my wording should of been more clear. I have no dought there will be new things presented, but it does feel like it's a lot of hype over things that may not need it as much. Sonic or nor. So... to answer your question. Sega in General. Then again, I really never cared enough to closely track Sega after the game console development side of the company died off. Not that I blame them for dropping out of the console race or anything.

5 hours ago, Jack the Maniac said:

There is actually a Forces livestream presentation in the schedule, so maybe.

they could just be saying 'this game exists' and showing gameplay because it's the second-most relevant sonic game right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, NikoS said:

What if

Reveal hidden contents

PSO 2 western release

Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents

probably not though

Spoiler

Plot twist, it's a Sakura Wars HD collection released worldwide.

• Chuckle 4

I'll wait as many nights as I need to for the dream jester to return....

Thank God I don't care.

Can't be disappointed in something you have no expectations for.

For what it's worth, Hajime Satomi is apparently going to be making an appearance tonight for what I gather is the big announcement.

I mean this dude's the president of SEGA Sammy, would they really be getting him up there for a game announcement? 

I don't doubt there'll be game stuff here but if he's around, the big bombshell has surely got to be something to do with SEGA as a company right??

1 hour 30 min from now..

Edit: oh wait. This is a Yakuza thing.

Edit 2: oh wait. No. Yes. 1 hour 30min seems to be announcement time.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

1 hour 30 min from now..

Edit: oh wait. This is a Yakuza thing.

That's just a leftover from their last Twitch stream. 

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

That's just a leftover from their last Twitch stream. 

They updated the title to have today's date, so I'm so freaking confused. lol