Awoo.

HUGE Sega Announcement @Sega Fes 2018 (1am UK) "Probably Shenmue Related"

Badnik Mechanic

1 minute ago, SSF1991 said:

They updated the title to have today's date, so I'm so freaking confused. lol

It happened 6 hours ago, that's why.

Just now, Tracker_TD said:

It happened 6 hours ago, that's why.

Ah, okay then. Makes sense. I wonder why they haven't updated the title, then.

Oh well.

Just now, SSF1991 said:

Ah, okay then. Makes sense. I wonder why they haven't updated the title, then.

Oh well.

They probably will when the stream goes live. Sonic streams do it all the time - I always get a notif for the new stream with the last one's date lmao. 

• Thumbs Up 1

... Oh god... what if it's to do with this.

Microsoft have bought Sega!

7 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

... Oh god... what if it's to do with this.

Microsoft have bought Sega!

Joke: Microsoft have bought SEGA

Woke:

• Thumbs Up 2

Man, they just did a big countdown with Super Sonic Racing playing just to play a video they played earlier.

Sega streams are always all over the place all the time.

3 minutes ago, EmmBee said:

Man, they just did a big countdown with Super Sonic Racing playing just to play a video they played earlier.

Sega streams are always all over the place all the time.

Not really surprised. They did the same by hyping up a Forces reveal only to reveal the story trailer that had been released officially a week prior.

1 minute ago, blueblur98 said:

mini genesis/mega drive announced, in the vein of nintendo's classic systems.

SEGA does what Nintendid had done already, several times.

shenmue 1 and 2 are getting ported to the PS4, with 16:9 widescreen support.

sakura wars is SEGA's #1 IP. okay?

9 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

Worth noting - M2's Horii-san will be presenting the Classic Game Stage on the 15th. Apparently it'll cover initiatives regarding SEGA's older titles - with "many announcements".

...SEGA's M2 ports on Switch? Please? 

DatVQ_1XcAAiaMY.jpg

DatVTAjXkAAlTLb.jpg

I am fucking living tonight. 

Also, some Sega Forever games are being ported to the Nintendo Switch.

That's it for this stream.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/758330/Shenmue_I__II/

Winrar~

Oh and in regards to what they Announced, I saw Sakura Wars from a mile away. I knew the Survey would push for a new Sakura Wars. Having played 5 it was a fun time and i hope with everything the gaming world has changed into that Sakura Wars would find a new Generation of fans. Really sad about Virtual On and Jet Set Radio though...

33 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

Also, some Sega Forever games are being ported to the Nintendo Switch.

That's it for this stream.

Not SEGA Forever - the ports are apparently being handled by M2. They’ll likely be closer to the (amazing) 3DS SEGA ports, especially if arcade games are in the mix.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't know what they'll be announcing but if it ain't Sonic I'm not interested. It could be Sonic after all Sonic is on the advertising, so definitely go to be the Blue Blur.

Sega Announces Sega Ages for Nintendo Switch...

Oh a collection for the Switch! That's neat. 15 games seems low, but it's still nice to have a disc with...

coming to the Nintendo eShop.

Annnnnd not interested.

The games are being sold separately like on 3DS. Which is handy honestly, means I’m not stuck with another copy of Sonic 1 (despite the fact I’m going to buy them all anyway, probably)

Very happy about Shenmue. That’s yet another game this year I need to get. 

As for the Mega Drive mini? Will it have a cartridge slot? Or do these mini consoles not have that? 

10 hours ago, Eurisko said:

As for the Mega Drive mini? Will it have a cartridge slot? Or do these mini consoles not have that? 

If it's like the NES and SNES Minis, it won't have a cartridge slot. Basically, all the games are on the mini console, with the console box just having outlets for controllers and TV and power cables. It's basically a fancy emulator rather than it being an actual console. The SNES Mini came with 21 games I believe, so hopefully this Mega Drive Mini will have something comparable to match Nintendo's.

As far as I'm aware though, the livestream was just the start of the festival, so maybe we might get some more stuff to come out of it? Perhaps just some minor stuff like the Sonic Racing game getting a proper trailer?

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, silvereye27 said:

If it's like the NES and SNES Minis, it won't have a cartridge slot. Basically, all the games are on the mini console, with the console box just having outlets for controllers and TV and power cables. It's basically a fancy emulator rather than it being an actual console. The SNES Mini came with 21 games I believe, so hopefully this Mega Drive Mini will have something comparable to match Nintendo's.

As far as I'm aware though, the livestream was just the start of the festival, so maybe we might get some more stuff to come out of it? Perhaps just some minor stuff like the Sonic Racing game getting a proper trailer?

Ahright thank you. I wasn’t  an adopter of either the NES or SNES mini and really didn’t take much notice of it. So yeah , it’s a fancy emulator. Think I’ll stick to my software collections if there’s no cartridge slot. Thanks for clearing that up though :)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sam-mullen-sega-atlus-if-you-want-sega-ages-saturn-dc-titles-tweet-sega-about-it.36444/

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sega-ages-coming-to-switch-by-m2-eshop-15-classic-titles-starting-this-summer.36107/page-12#post-6802452

Sam Mullen from Sega says that we should let Sega know what games we want to see in the "Sega Ages" line, via Twitter, Facebook etc.

So if you'd like to see, for example, the SegaSonic the Hedgehog arcade game finally get a home release, or for the 32X Chaotix game to see light of day again, now is the time to let them know. Remember to be polite about it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

the list we saw on the stream was most-wanted revivals. there are more lists like this:

Spoiler

Brand you’re most invested in:
1. Sakura Wars 
2. Sonic the Hedgehog 
3. Phantasy Star Online 
4. Virtua Fighter 
5. Jet Set Radio 
6. Yakuza
7. Panzer Dragoon 
8. Sega Saturn (wait, what?)
9. Persona 
10. Hatsune Miku Project Diva