Awoo.

Mega Drive Mini announced. "ATGames are no more!"

Badnik Mechanic

I was expecting both Sonic 1 and 2 but if I had to pick I'd go with 1 since I actually like that one.

What I'm hoping for is a Disney game; Aladdin, Quackshot, or an Illusion game would be pretty cool to have on here.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to be honest, if this doesn't have Sonic 2, then the whole system is a joke. Sonic 2 is the most iconic game on the system, it's like not having Super Mario World for the SNES Classic.

...I wonder.

Is there any relationship between the games announced so far and the titles released on that Sega classics collection from last year?

• Ecco the Dolphin - No but was in older collections.
  • Castlevania: Bloodlines - No.
  • Space Harrier II - Yes.
  • Shining Force - Yes.
  • Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine - Yes.
  • Toejam & Earl - Yes.
  • Comix Zone - Yes.
  • Sonic the Hedgehog - Yes.
  • Altered Beast - Yes.
  • Gunstar Heroes - Yes.

Thats 8/10 on last years collection 1 on older collections and 1 new.

This would be somewhat interesting if this was the first time they released something like this, not like the 10th time. And if there wasn''t a Genesis Collection released in every console generation. And the SEGA Forever thing on mobile..I can only see the same titles released over and over and over so many times before I can't give a rats ass anymore.

Christ. To think that this thing was almost AtGames trash... I've got high hopes for it now.

I notmally wouldn't be interested in something like this due to already owning the majority of the games included. I may get it as a collectable item though as the Genesis was my main system growing up.

• 3 weeks later...

The next 10 games for the western release of the Mega-Drive mini has been revealed, which includes; Castle of Illusion, World of Illusion, Thunder Force III, Super Fantasy Zone, Shinobi III, Streets of Rage II, Earthworm Jim, Sonic 2, Probotector & Landstalker.

D4cC4duW0AETod0.jpg

Another good line-up. Can't wait to hear the rest! 

Edit:

The next 10 games for the Jp version has also been revealed:

https://sega.jp/mdmini/

3 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Is this the end. How many games are set for it?

A total of 40 games will be included. They've now revealed the first 20.

• Nice Smile 1

I still think Mega Man The Wily Wars is make it or break it for me, as one of the few Mega Drive games I’m genuinely interested in. 

Include it, I’ll definitely pick this up at this point. Otherwise, I prefer the SNES Mini.

I'm intrigued how many third party games are on this thing, especially some from now all encompassing Disney. Maybe this leaves hope for a Star Wars Arcade rerelease some day. Breaking the one-game limit per franchise is likely for the best (though technically we have THREE Sonic games on there anyway), though the lack of first party restriction definitely adds more to the table otherwise.

If anything goes concerning the lineup in the west, I would LOVE to play the Sparkster or Zool games again. :D

I thought Musha Aleste was popular in the West. It was released here and is often cited as one of the best Sega Genesis shmups...

Thank God this has Sonic 2. So both Sonic 1 and 2 are confirmed?

Wonder if they'll also put in Sonic 3 or Sonic and Knuckles.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 10:15 AM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I still think Mega Man The Wily Wars is make it or break it for me, as one of the few Mega Drive games I’m genuinely interested in. 

Ask and you shall receive! The next batch of games has been revealed:

It's super sick that through these mini consoles, not only has Star Fox 2 finally been officially released, but Mega Man: The Wily Wars has at last been made widely available in North America. I think the inclusion of both the Illusion games and Wily Wars has pretty much cemented my purchase.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Way Past Cool 1

Oh boy they actually did it, super tempting now.

Even Wily Wars is gonna be on this?!

...okay I want one.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is a legimately excellent list now. I don't understand how SCE would work, though.

Yeah, another good list.

Hoping one of the Micro Machines games will be included in the final batch.

The third batch of games for the Jp release are as follows:

Daimakaimura (Ghouls 'n Ghosts)

Street Fighter II Dash Plus: Champion Edition

Rockman: Mega World (Mega Man: The Wily Wars)

Golden Axe

The Super Shinobi (The Revenge of Shinobi)

Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium

The Story of Thor: A Successor of the Light

Puzzle & Action: Tant-R

Party Quiz Mega Q

Yu Yu Hakusho Makyo Toitsusen

2 hours ago, Plasme said:

If Sonic 3 doesn't make it in when Sonic Spinball did, then damn.

I knew Spinball would be announced with this batch. I mean it's pretty obvious Sonic 3 and S&K aren't gonna be included. So, I'd expect 3D Blast to be included in the final batch...

EDIT:

Retro-Bit Gaming have made 6 button USB-controllers for the Mini.

A bit cheeky that these will need to be purchased separately, whereas the Jp version of the Mini will include a 6-button controller.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't believe the Sonic 3 music conspiracy theories, if they dont include it then it'll be a shame.

I'm floored that we're getting DISNEY titles on this thing. Not only that, Earthworm Jim and Wily Wars!?

Now I really wanna know what the last ten are. You know Sega is saving the best for last. Sonic 3 & Knuckles I think is a shoe-in, but what else? Aladdin? Quackshot? Rocket Knight? TMNT: Hyperstone Heist?

Personally, I really want Tiny Toons: Buster's Hidden Treasure. Loved that game as a kid. But it's a long-forgotten, dead franchise so not likely.

Oh, and Sega better not forget Kid Chameleon.