Jump to content
Blue Knight/Bluestreak

How does Shadow compare to other video game Anti-Heroes?

Recommended Posts

This is my 3rd and final topic like this, this time it's about Shadow. Now Shadow was more like a villain in the first few games. Then in post Shadow the Hedgehog game games, he's acts more like a hero, of course everyone calls him anti-hero. In Boom he's more like a villain than anti-hero, don't blame me if I don't know what the term means. I don't have very many examples lets give it a try.

Sly Cooper (again questionable because of vigilante status), once again don't really know about Sly, once again he's a thief.

Jak is an easier example, as Jak feels more like a Shadow type of character. Sometimes Jak feels more like an anti-hero then at others he feels more like a hero, hard to tell. Even Jak's voice tine sounds like Shadow.

Okay don't have too many examples of anti-heroes as I don't really know what that means, but if you guys know of other examples similar to Shadow, be sure to post below on what you guys think how Shadow compares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well he began more as an anti-villain for one—guy had a tragic past and wants revenge against the entire world and fights the heroes to see it happen, which is much different from the acts of say Jak or Sly who weren’t as omnicidal.

Granted, that was more Gerald’s will and doing than Shadow’s.

Main comparable aspect between Shadow and Jak would be that they would wind up as living weapons for specific purposes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Well he began more as an anti-villain for one—guy had a tragic past and wants revenge against the entire world and fights the heroes to see it happen, which is much different from the acts of say Jak or Sly who weren’t as omnicidal.

Granted, that was more Gerald’s will and doing than Shadow’s.

Main comparable aspect between Shadow and Jak would be that they would wind up as living weapons for specific purposes.

I wasn't quite sure on the details of Shadow's story, but that's the best comparison between Shadow and Jak, I just wasn't sure how to word it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I wasn't quite sure on the details of Shadow's story, but that's the best comparison between Shadow and Jak, I just wasn't sure how to word it.

You’d have to dig deep when it comes to comparing different characters like that.

Looking at them on the surface does a disservice to them when they have backstories that shape them into the characters they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes I wonder if Shadow even counts as anti-hero. I mean, he was a villain once, but so was Zuko, Peridot, Megamind, few MLP characters...

No, it's 'grey morality' that makes anti-hero. Like when Shadow fights Sonic... except so does Team Rose in Heroes, everyone in Rivals, Silver in Generations, Sonic Battle...

Or when he kills someone... which actually he never did, not more than Sonic (yeah Shadow killed Black Doom, but I think Sonic had the same idea).

And we can't really count Boom Shadow or when he has amnesia. (And I'm not fan of his portrail in Free Riders).

In the end I think he is anti-hero (Forces bit, his role in Battle), but Sega has hard time getting it across.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a shitty anti hero?

He's hero, he's just a dick. Anti hero, at least in the traditional sense go through non traditional routes to be a hero, or is someone who wouldn't ussually be a hero, being a hero. 

Shadow arc is pretty traditional and well worn, and he literally joined a government organization that tried to kill him to be a hero. 

Sonic is more of an anti hero than shadow on a technical level 

 

I think this sort of comes from the assumption that shadow is chaotic nuetral, he isn't. He's lawful good, he's always been lawful good, even in sa2 he think's he's doing the right thing for retributions sake. He's a hero, he's just...kind of a dick

 

Being kind of a dick, doesn't make you an anti hero...it just makes you kind of a dick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ShadowSJG said:

Yeah, Shadow as an anti-hero.........eh. I think archie showed it better post-reboot, especially in total eclipse.

Please don't cite that OOC tripe as a good example. Archies run of Shadow the Edgehog was a living Meme of a joke in that comic and was made fun of it like it's a casual fan term. For me, Shadow's best depiction post SA2 was Sonic X, Sonic 06, and Sonic Chronices and Sonic Free Riders(ironic the side games depict him better than the cannon games as a quintessential dark counter part to Sonic). Basically the one next to Eggman who gives Sonic shit for no reason other than not liking him on nearly any level accept maybe as a equal in fighting and heroics, despite his so called development of being less hostile to Sonic he's not putting sonic on his friend request anytime soon. Despite being Sonic and his crews dependable ally, Shadow is not their friend or wants to be, it's either buisness or GTFO since Shadow likes only doing thing that tie to his interests than pure right. Shadow like i said serves as a great neutral contrast and foil to Sonic if he's written correctly, instead of this boring brooding no nonsense Batman wannabe who's goodie two shoes and worse a law enforcer. He should be a wild card like Sonic but darker, more intense, and very rarely humorous who can be great dramatic tension in plots involving him and team dark, and as far as character dynamics goes everyone should fear him minus Sonic, Knuckles and maybe Silver but even they don't like pushing him or taking him lightly since he's dead equal to Sonic and half as strong as Knuckles with magic energy manipulation. I truly believe he should be the one held off at the last second and one of Sonic's last resorts for help, since I believe Shadow his not only his strongest rival but also his more dependable ally when he can't stop a threat and he's out of options, plus less jokes because shadow is the last character you need to try to make funny, it doesn't work. Sonic should be less humorous when against Shadow, taking him more serious than a serious Eggman if he has to.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2018 at 5:46 PM, Shadowlax said:

He's a shitty anti hero?

He's hero, he's just a dick. Anti hero, at least in the traditional sense go through non traditional routes to be a hero, or is someone who wouldn't ussually be a hero, being a hero. 

Shadow arc is pretty traditional and well worn, and he literally joined a government organization that tried to kill him to be a hero. 

Sonic is more of an anti hero than shadow on a technical level 

 

I think this sort of comes from the assumption that shadow is chaotic nuetral, he isn't. He's lawful good, he's always been lawful good, even in sa2 he think's he's doing the right thing for retributions sake. He's a hero, he's just...kind of a dick

 

Being kind of a dick, doesn't make you an anti hero...it just makes you kind of a dick

I am curious what exactly tipped you off to him being more of a hero? I will not deny he will do stuff for the sake of planet, when it's required. However, he is generally considered a anti-hero. Also I do not agree with the lawful good thing. If anything, he would range about around chaotic good. To be lawful good, you'd need to be following the order of a society to a T. In other words, a goody two shoes. Shadow is FAR from that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ashwalking Bat said:

I am curious what exactly tipped you off to him being more of a hero? I will not deny he will do stuff for the sake of planet, when it's required. However, he is generally considered a anti-hero. Also I do not agree with the lawful good thing. If anything, he would range about around chaotic good. To be lawful good, you'd need to be following the order of a society to a T. In other words, a goody two shoes. Shadow is FAR from that.

Shadow is litterally that. From day one, to day done. Shadow's M.O is writing wrongs. Yes like in the first game, that one was motivated by his own anger, but even then his memories were manipulated. And as soon as that came to light, he then sacrificed himself because he felt like it was the right thing to do, because he's atoning for his sins. 

Outside of sonic heroes, because... he's basically just trying to find eggman to get his memories in that game... and there isn't any real sense of morals because... everyone finds and the punches the fat evil doctor. In his own game, the true path and ending... is the good path, him literally murdering his entire family he knew of at the time, the people who could actually offer him answers....because it was the right thing to do. The game tries to play up him being a rebel, but even the game concedes in its final true ending that... well shadow just wants to the right thing. In the next game, he joins a government organization that tried to kill him and or trap him, because he thinks that will allow  him to help more people. And then gets confronted with confirmation that they will try to do that, and goes to do it anyway, because he feels like helping people. Even if they don't want to help him , is the right thing to do. 

In the now non canon archie reboot comics, that was a lot of shadows motivation. Be mindful i'm mostly counting universe and the reboot. He tells rouge to give blaze the gem because its the right thing to do , and he will do it regardless of gun orders. Despite being mind controls, he fights back and doesn't hurt his friends, because he's a good person. He strait up tells knuckles he's taking the emerald, upending his whole life because he feels like having it up here and it constantly getting stolen or broken is a danger. And while fighting knuckles, offers to help him find new purpose because he understands about feeling purposeless. 

Everything , he does from beginning to end, is trying to figure out the right thing to do. Chaos, implies a reasoning, a randomness. It implies constantly fleeting selfish motives. That's Scourge. Shadow from day one, even when he was the bad guy, was trying to avenge his friend. And when he found out he was the bad guy , he immediately when to right that problem. 

Shadow immortal lawful good super cop, who joined and organization of super cops. So he could super cop better

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Shadow is litterally that. From day one, to day done. Shadow's M.O is writing wrongs. Yes like in the first game, that one was motivated by his own anger, but even then his memories were manipulated. And as soon as that came to light, he then sacrificed himself because he felt like it was the right thing to do, because he's atoning for his sins. 

Outside of sonic heroes, because... he's basically just trying to find eggman to get his memories in that game... and there isn't any real sense of morals because... everyone finds and the punches the fat evil doctor. In his own game, the true path and ending... is the good path, him literally murdering his entire family he knew of at the time, the people who could actually offer him answers....because it was the right thing to do. The game tries to play up him being a rebel, but even the game concedes in its final true ending that... well shadow just wants to the right thing. In the next game, he joins a government organization that tried to kill him and or trap him, because he thinks that will allow  him to help more people. And then gets confronted with confirmation that they will try to do that, and goes to do it anyway, because he feels like helping people. Even if they don't want to help him , is the right thing to do. 

In the now non canon archie reboot comics, that was a lot of shadows motivation. Be mindful i'm mostly counting universe and the reboot. He tells rouge to give blaze the gem because its the right thing to do , and he will do it regardless of gun orders. Despite being mind controls, he fights back and doesn't hurt his friends, because he's a good person. He strait up tells knuckles he's taking the emerald, upending his whole life because he feels like having it up here and it constantly getting stolen or broken is a danger. And while fighting knuckles, offers to help him find new purpose because he understands about feeling purposeless. 

Everything , he does from beginning to end, is trying to figure out the right thing to do. Chaos, implies a reasoning, a randomness. It implies constantly fleeting selfish motives. That's Scourge. Shadow from day one, even when he was the bad guy, was trying to avenge his friend. And when he found out he was the bad guy , he immediately when to right that problem. 

Shadow immortal lawful good super cop, who joined and organization of super cops. So he could super cop better

 

Ah okay. I'll grant you this. That is a unique point of view on Shadow. I could definitely see some level of good in Shadow, as why I would see more of a Chaotic Good morality. Though a lot of games that he has been in do not explicitly tell damning details to why Shadow does what he does, which maybe due it being more his own volition to why he does what he does.

As for the comics. I am not well versed with those since I only ever loosely saw some of the older stuff. I'll have to point you Dash Speed's post in response to that, unless more applicable info could be provided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shadowlax said:

Shadow is litterally that. From day one, to day done. Shadow's M.O is writing wrongs. Yes like in the first game, that one was motivated by his own anger, but even then his memories were manipulated. And as soon as that came to light, he then sacrificed himself because he felt like it was the right thing to do, because he's atoning for his sins. 

Shadow's M.O. is basically a darker take on Sonic's, he goes his own way and fights for what he wants. Your way off since Generations and other games with his appearances has him on missions that aren't linked to GUN, he serves more of a big brother type to Sonic nowadays selfishly making sure Sonic is strong enough to do his thing.

Quote

Outside of sonic heroes, because... he's basically just trying to find eggman to get his memories in that game... and there isn't any real sense of morals because... everyone finds and the punches the fat evil doctor. In his own game, the true path and ending... is the good path, him literally murdering his entire family he knew of at the time, the people who could actually offer him answers....because it was the right thing to do. The game tries to play up him being a rebel, but even the game concedes in its final true ending that... well shadow just wants to the right thing. In the next game, he joins a government organization that tried to kill him and or trap him, because he thinks that will allow  him to help more people. And then gets confronted with confirmation that they will try to do that, and goes to do it anyway, because he feels like helping people. Even if they don't want to help him , is the right thing to do. 

We haven't heard from GUN or seen him do any  since colors DS with him, rouge omega, even then he's a 3rd party not really officially joined with the government. He's like Sonic, he does his own thing.

Quote

In the now non canon archie reboot comics, that was a lot of shadows motivation. Be mindful i'm mostly counting universe and the reboot. He tells rouge to give blaze the gem because its the right thing to do , and he will do it regardless of gun orders. Despite being mind controls, he fights back and doesn't hurt his friends, because he's a good person. He strait up tells knuckles he's taking the emerald, upending his whole life because he feels like having it up here and it constantly getting stolen or broken is a danger. And while fighting knuckles, offers to help him find new purpose because he understands about feeling purposeless. 

OOC just like everything in the comics focusing on the characters compared to the games, joining GUN and caring for others outside of his own friends is pretty much the only thing I agree thats new and refreshing

Quote

Everything , he does from beginning to end, is trying to figure out the right thing to do. Chaos, implies a reasoning, a randomness. It implies constantly fleeting selfish motives. That's Scourge. Shadow from day one, even when he was the bad guy, was trying to avenge his friend. And when he found out he was the bad guy , he immediately when to right that problem. 

Shadow immortal lawful good super cop, who joined and organization of super cops. So he could super cop better

 

No he's not, recently he just killed a villains friends because he felt like it and mindbroke the villain out of callousness discovering he's the one who caused Infinites chain of destruction. And theirs a intelligence division, but details we don't know if Shadow works with them directly as well as we don't know if it's GUN or the resistance army, we just know Shadow made a hit on eggmans base based on rouge's intell and basically took maters in his own hands from then on.

Shadow even as a GUN agent was willing to kills children in the archie comics and nearly made Knuckles(a friend of Sonic) defend his life basically due to being a prick in stoping eclispe. He's unlawful if anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashwalking Bat said:

As for the comics. I am not well versed with those since I only ever loosely saw some of the older stuff. I'll have to point you Dash Speed's post in response to that, unless more applicable info could be provided.

Probably not the best person to point to.

Shadow in the comics is far more well rounded, although stubborn. He's well meaning and amicable, but still a combative hot head who fights for the right reasons while being insensitive to what might get in the way of the greater good. He gets into a fist fight with Knuckles over the safety of the Master Emerald for one, ignoring Knuckles' protests before they wind up fighting side by side later. And he has good reason for it too, given there was a Black Arms supersoldier on Angel Island that would have loved to get their hands on it. Problem was that he was also kinda stealing Knuckles' property, which given that Knuckles doesn't answer to GUN, or anyone for that matter, went about as well as you'd think with a more fiery hothead that can smash a crater in the ground.

If anything, that's where he's most definitely an anti-hero, since he acts heroic even when he's opposed to other heroes, yet also joins their side when the situation is dire. Very rarely in the comics do you see Shadow willingly assist any villianous factions, even if he's fighting the other heroes. And while he's very often in the thick of a fight, he's hardly going out looking for therm for the sake of challenge, which is a far less bloodthirsty take on the character.

Granted, he'll still punch your lights out or roast you alive with a Chaos Blast if you provoke him. But usually those are for those that are a grave danger, as everyone else on the side of good he tends to hold his punches. Amy of all people squares up to him (hell, she even manages to get a good hit in), but Shadow basically teleports away and the most he does is smack her with her own hammer...granted that was pre-reboot, and that was probably the most villainous he's been given that he was helping Rouge steal Blaze's Sol Emerald despite her needing it to save her world. But even then, the heroic side of him takes hold, and he forces Rouge to hand it back over.

If anything, you'll like Shadow in the comics more than any other incarnation. He;s still powerful, a few want to fight him (hell, Eggman is one the most dangerous, powerful, and feared characters in the comics, and even he is afraid of Shadow), but he's in a setting where everyone else is a lot stronger than they are in the games.

Basically, take his position in Sonic 06 as a GUN agent, and actually expand on that by showing him working with GUN, and you have a pretty good grasp of Archie Shadow. It also helps that he's very well written there, which is unlike anything you could say in every other media he's been in after SA2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashwalking Bat said:

Ah okay. I'll grant you this. That is a unique point of view on Shadow. I could definitely see some level of good in Shadow, as why I would see more of a Chaotic Good morality. Though a lot of games that he has been in do not explicitly tell damning details to why Shadow does what he does, which maybe due it being more his own volition to why he does what he does.

As for the comics. I am not well versed with those since I only ever loosely saw some of the older stuff. I'll have to point you Dash Speed's post in response to that, unless more applicable info could be provided.

I would argue its not some level, I would argue he's one of the most " good" characters in the series. He's just kind of jerk. All that said , I appreciate you reading my response and considering it. 

Or At least he's one of the most Lawful characters in the series. He's an eye for an eye kinda guy, strait shooter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Probably not the best person to point to.

Shadow in the comics is far more well rounded, although stubborn. He's well meaning and amicable, but still a combative hot head who fights for the right reasons while being insensitive to what might get in the way of the greater good. He gets into a fist fight with Knuckles over the safety of the Master Emerald for one, ignoring Knuckles' protests before they wind up fighting side by side later.

If anything, that's where he's most definitely an anti-hero, since he acts heroic even when he's opposed to other heroes, yet also joins their side when the situation is dire. Very rarely in the comics do you see Shadow willingly assist any villianous factions, even if he's fighting the other heroes. And while he's very often in the thick of a fight, he's hardly going out looking for therm for the sake of challenge, which is a far less bloodthirsty take on the character.

Granted, he'll still punch your lights out or roast you alive with a Chaos Blast if you provoke him. But usually those are for those that are a grave danger, as everyone else on the side of good he tends to hold his punches. Amy of all people squares up to him (hell, she even manages to get a good hit in), but Shadow basically teleports away and the most he does is smack her with her own hammer...granted that was pre-reboot, and that was probably the most villainous he's been given that he was helping Rouge steal Blaze's Sol Emerald despite her needing it to save her world. But even then, the heroic side of him takes hold, and he forces Rouge to hand it back over.

If anything, you'll like Shadow in the comics more than any other incarnation. He;s still powerful, a few want to fight him (hell, Eggman is one the most dangerous, powerful, and feared characters in the comics, and even he is afraid of Shadow), but he's in a setting where everyone else is a lot stronger than they are in the games.

Basically, take his position in Sonic 06 as a GUN agent, and actually expand on that by showing him working with GUN, and you have a pretty good grasp of Archie Shadow. It also helps that he's very well written there, which is unlike anything you could say in every other media he's been in after SA2.

Like I said, the comics are not really my forte. I never really tracked them as closely, or nearly at all, unlike a good amount of the games. Which is why I said what I said and it's not out of any vicious intention of downing one's opinion.

Though as to avoid having to do a TL;DR, I had to read your post a couple times to be sure I got what you wanted to get across. And yeah, it does sound like I am missing out on some good stuff. I agree with you that I'd like the Shadow Comics, from the sounds of it especially. Sadly most of my exposure of Shadow has been strictly through the games. So I haven't had much else to go off of outside my own personal mental interpretations of him.

28 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I would argue its not some level, I would argue he's one of the most " good" characters in the series. He's just kind of jerk. All that said , I appreciate you reading my response and considering it. 

I guess my own perception on the matter is bit different, but it's to be expected I suppose. And yeah, no problem. If anything, I typically am open to differing ideas on characters and story elements. That is also granted that it's not to much of a far cry from what is being talked about. Though I have been a bit guilty of beating around the bush myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I would argue its not some level, I would argue he's one of the most " good" characters in the series. He's just kind of jerk. All that said , I appreciate you reading my response and considering it. 

Or At least he's one of the most Lawful characters in the series. He's an eye for an eye kinda guy, strait shooter. 

He's tried to kill Sonic, Amy, Blaze, Knuckles, Cosmo just anyone in all his incarnations when fighting them. Even when he was a good guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dash Speed said:

He's tried to kill Sonic, Amy, Blaze, Knuckles, Cosmo just anyone in all his incarnations when fighting them. Even when he was a good guy.

Sonic X lives in the special place of Sonic boom where the characters are weird and I don't use that from characterization. 

The only reason I use the reboot comics is because they are held under the thumb of sega. 

So excluding that, ... the only person he listed he tried to kill outside of his first game in a grand scheme of things... is.... no one. None of those characters. And in his first game he had his memories manipulated and when he finds this out he sacrifices himself instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Probably not the best person to point to.

Excuse me, who died and made you the authority of opinions? Your trite is just as biased and faulty.

Quote

Shadow in the comics is far more well rounded, although stubborn. He's well meaning and amicable, but still a combative hot head who fights for the right reasons while being insensitive to what might get in the way of the greater good. He gets into a fist fight with Knuckles over the safety of the Master Emerald for one, ignoring Knuckles' protests before they wind up fighting side by side later. And he has good reason for it too, given there was a Black Arms supersoldier on Angel Island that would have loved to get their hands on it. Problem was that he was also kinda stealing Knuckles' property, which given that Knuckles doesn't answer to GUN, or anyone for that matter, went about as well as you'd think with a more fiery hothead that can smash a crater in the ground.

TDLR, my opinion. Last I checked Shadow was in the wrong the whole time and Rouge called him out of it. A Shadow with poor judgement and basically was written as a impulsive brute is all you have in the reboot sonic universe.

Quote

If anything, that's where he's most definitely an anti-hero, since he acts heroic even when he's opposed to other heroes, yet also joins their side when the situation is dire. Very rarely in the comics do you see Shadow willingly assist any villianous factions, even if he's fighting the other heroes. And while he's very often in the thick of a fight, he's hardly going out looking for therm for the sake of challenge, which is a far less bloodthirsty take on the character.

TDLR my opinion

Quote

Granted, he'll still punch your lights out or roast you alive with a Chaos Blast if you provoke him. But usually those are for those that are a grave danger, as everyone else on the side of good he tends to hold his punches. Amy of all people squares up to him (hell, she even manages to get a good hit in), but Shadow basically teleports away and the most he does is smack her with her own hammer...granted that was pre-reboot, and that was probably the most villainous he's been given that he was helping Rouge steal Blaze's Sol Emerald despite her needing it to save her world. But even then, the heroic side of him takes hold, and he forces Rouge to hand it back over.

TDLR my opinion

Quote

If anything, you'll like Shadow in the comics more than any other incarnation. He;s still powerful, a few want to fight him (hell, Eggman is one the most dangerous, powerful, and feared characters in the comics, and even he is afraid of Shadow), but he's in a setting where everyone else is a lot stronger than they are in the games.

Basically, take his position in Sonic 06 as a GUN agent, and actually expand on that by showing him working with GUN, and you have a pretty good grasp of Archie Shadow. It also helps that he's very well written there, which is unlike anything you could say in every other media he's been in after SA2.

TDLR my opinion. We shouldn't need to debate on non cannon character depictions when they're not relevant to the source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Sonic X lives in the special place of Sonic boom where the characters are weird and I don't use that from characterization. 

The only reason I use the reboot comics is because they are held under the thumb of sega. 

So excluding that, ... the only person he listed he tried to kill outside of his first game in a grand scheme of things... is.... no one. None of those characters. And in his first game he had his memories manipulated and when he finds this out he sacrifices himself instead. 

He literally was out to murder characters as a good guy in the comics. And Shadow will kill in his fights without hesitation. Shadow fights are the most brutal and merciless battles in the series, he fights without no restraint doesn't care about crippling opponents, if Amy had a real hammer and shadow used it on her, she'd die instantly.

In generations, he's willing to use chaos spear against sonic which is usually killing attack and less lethal than sonic's homming attack. And you call him a good guy despite his battles are basically curbstomp scenes and completely over the top brawls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Excuse me, who died and made you the authority of opinions? Your trite is just as biased and faulty.

TDLR

TDLR my opinion

TDLR my opinion

TDLR my opinion. We shouldn't need to debate on non cannon character depictions when they're not relevant to the source.

Is it bad that find your approach to reacting to this rather hilarious?

8 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

He literally was to murder characters as a good guy in the comics. And Shadow is a killer, a notorious one at that. 

And speaking of beating around the bush...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Excuse me, who died and made you the authority of opinions? Your trite is just as biased and faulty.

TDLR, my opinion. Last I checked Shadow was in the wrong the whole time and Rouge called him out of it. A Shadow with poor judgement and basically was written as a impulsive brute is all you have in the reboot sonic universe.

TDLR my opinion

TDLR my opinion

TDLR my opinion. We shouldn't need to debate on non cannon character depictions when they're not relevant to the source.

I'll tell you like I tell everyone else on here who throws this at me: I honestly don't care if it's your opinion, it doesn't protect you from criticism.

Which is what you were given. Beyond that, I'm not going to entertain your heated Shadow fanboyism, as I know I've told you once before. Especially when a lot of the stuff I said weren't even opinions. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Ashwalking Bat said:

Like I said, the comics are not really my forte. I never really tracked them as closely, or nearly at all, unlike a good amount of the games. Which is why I said what I said and it's not out of any vicious intention of downing one's opinion.

I understand.

My intent wasn't to down an opinion than to warn that something might not be accurate from another perspective...which you can kinda see how this is turning out given the response in return.

Although you might not see it that way given how I handled it, so I don't blame you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.