Awoo.

Sonic Mania: Version 1.04 and Plus DLC PS4 Leaks (SPOILERS)

Sonictrainer

Plus, here the full music of Angel Island Zone

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TheOcelot said:

As promised, here's my full playthrough:

Gameplay begins at 6:40 (I had start again because the game reset).

Thanks for putting this up! Also, unrelated to Sonic Mania v1.04, but, you play Mean Bean Machine almost exactly the same way that I do. Like, pretty much every move you were making was all kind of how it was playing out in my head as if I were playing myself. :P

I still don't know what my thoughts are on the palette swaps overall. There are a few that I really like (Oil Ocean, Stardust Speedway Act 2), but there are also some that I personally just don't think look very good at all (Green Hill, Studiopolis). The rest I'm just kind of indifferent about.

Guuys, I'm sorry for my primitive reaction and confusing Angel Island's clouds with Ice Cap. Don't get too eager about that. :D

Btw, Metallic Madness in CD's Bad Future design looks, well,  BADass.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

As promised, here's my full playthrough:

Gameplay begins at 6:40 (I had start again because the game reset).

Encore Flying Battery has capsules with enemies. Moving battery from Sonic and Knuckles is also back.
Those moving blocks in Hydrocity are moving in formation resembling the one from Tidal Tempest.

Even the Hydrocity palette seems a bit weird.

But overall... I don´t know, it feels okayish for the most part, some levels feel little underwhelming.

I've uploaded another video which shows Tails & Knuckles in Angel Island:

Note that when Tails & Knuckles transition to Encore Green Hill they both turn into Sonic, with Sonic's normal moveset. So you can't play through the Encore zones with Tails & Knuckles in the 1.04 version of Mania.

The badnik in the video thumbnail is a new addition to Angel Island. I think it's supposed to be an unused/scrapped badnik from Sonic 2?

I'm not planning on uploading any further videos showing-off the Encore zones.

20/5 Edit: I've decided to keep this video "private" for the moment. 

31 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

The badnik in the video thumbnail is a new addition to Angel Island. I think it's supposed to be an unused/scrapped badnik from Sonic 2?

It's similar to Amenbo, a badnik from Sonic CD, which also skims the water's surface but fires targeted laser orbs from its nose.  I feel like the exact visual appearance does remind me of something, though.  Apparently a badnik much like it appears in Adventure?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, FFWF said:

It's similar to Amenbo, a badnik from Sonic CD, which also skims the water's surface but fires targeted laser orbs from its nose.  I feel like the exact visual appearance does remind me of something, though.  Apparently a badnik much like it appears in Adventure?

It is straight from Sonic Adventure.

Výsledok vyhľadávania obrázkov pre dopyt sweep sonic

Albeit much smaller.

58 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

Note that when Tails & Knuckles transition to Encore Green Hill they both turn into Sonic, with Sonic's normal moveset. So you can't play through the Encore zones with Tails & Knuckles in the 1.04 version of Mania.

I can find some positives. People making Mania mod of Angel Island now have resources to do full zone. (And by now I mean on 19th July)

4 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

4:29 "yeah, im knuckles, i rock!" *BOOM!*

"You didn't see that. I'm okay!"

• Chuckle 3

1 hour ago, TheOcelot said:

Sounds like the initial Japanese coverage saying Sonic can go in and partner with Mighty or Ray was right, unless they change the coding way closer to release date (which I doubt at this point). 

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but in gameplay you can see Sonic jumping from the foreground in encore to get to the other Sonic, which means Mighty respawn is him jumping back onto the map.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but in gameplay you can see Sonic jumping from the foreground in encore to get to the other Sonic, which means Mighty respawn is him jumping back onto the map.

Yep, straight from Chaotix.

KIhpqsg.gif

UsdD2wO.gif

• Thumbs Up 7

Yo, seeing and hearing Angel Island makes me wish it was a full level in the game in the place of Green Hill, as much as I like its Mania version.

• Thumbs Up 2

Does Encore Mode have additional trophies/achievements? Because I was really disappointed with the ones we got. No Platinum's or even Gold trophies......

Hello there, I just joined because of the discussion people were having about my livestream from last Friday, as well as the article of the issue in question, which I just discovered. To go over a bit of backstory; some people over at the Sonic Mania Modding Discord server had found out about the playable Angel Island Zone. Not sure if it were fake or not, I've decided to stream the game using the 1.04 update. To everyone's surprise, it turned out to be real! After a bit of exploring and running around, we stumbled across the capsule where Mighty and Ray were trapped in, but since it has been confirmed that the version I played was actually an earlier version of Encore mode (suspecting that once the actual DLC is available and downloaded, the data from that will overwrite the current one that we discovered), they were both Sonic's. afterwards, we went into another cutscene which I skipped after going through it a second time,  which suprisingly brought us to Encore Green Hill Zone. From there, I must've played through it until Lava Reef Zone act 2, where I was forced to shut the whole thing down by SEGA themselves, afterwards thanking me for responding to their reply. I was honestly very shocked to see a majority of Encore's content could've been enabled by using a backdoor of sorts.

7 hours ago, Sonicfan7 said:

Does Encore Mode have additional trophies/achievements? Because I was really disappointed with the ones we got. No Platinum's or even Gold trophies......

From what I've experienced, Encore mode does not include any new achievements as of right now. It could always change though.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, ScarlyNight said:

Hello there, I just joined because of this discussion and because people were talking about my livestream last Friday. To go over a bit of backstory; some people over at the Sonic Mania Modding Discord server had found out about the playable Angel Island Zone. Not sure if it were fake or not, I've then decided to stream the game using the 1.04 update. To everyone's surprise, it turned out to be real! after a bit of exploring and running around, we stumbled across the capsule where Mighty and Ray were trapped in, but since it has been confirmed that the version I played was actually an earlier version of Encore mode (suspecting that once the actual DLC is available and downloaded, the data from that will overwrite the current one that we discovered). afterwards, we went into another cutscene which I skipped after going through it a second time,  which suprisingly brought us to Encore Green Hill Zone. From there, I must've played through it until Lava Reef Zone act 2, where I was forced to shut the whole thing down by SEGA themselves, afterwards thanking me for responding to their reply. I was honestly very shocked to see a majority of  Encore's content could've been enabled by using a back door of sorts.

From what I've experienced, Encore mode does not include any new achievements as of right now. It could always change though.

Welcome to SSMB and thanks for taking the time to provide the back story on how that stream got started. As one of the 60-80 people who was watching on and off I actually saw when the Sonic Youtube account showed up asking you to take it down. Realistically I probably shouldn't have been watching considering the spoilers involved but as I intend to buy the physical copy when it comes out later this year I hope there is no foul. Besides, your playthrough left me wanting to see the likely new cutscenes that will be implemented in the proper release as well as seeing how the partner system properly affects the game. While I guess one could argue that your stream revealed too much, for me at least it was more of a good advertising campaign that just reassured for me that I want to get my hands on the final version of Plus. Of course I guess if SEGA would just advertise better I would have never checked out your live stream when the opportunity was presented to me. Still, it was my decision to watch and I can gladly say that what I saw just makes it easier for me to justify the thirty dollar purchase to experience the full product for myself when it comes out, so thanks for that and taking the time to stop by.

• Thumbs Up 1

I found more footage of Angel Island on youtube. The background at the beginning of AI in this video isn't glitched. 

Apparently if you press restart whilst in AI the background is fixed when you restart again. However, this doesn't work when I try it. I get the glitched version when I press restart, or when restarting after dying.

This guy has also uploaded footage of Encore mode:

• Nice Smile 2

Is that heat wave effect in Lava Reef Act 1 new? If so is it an Encore mode change or part of the 1.04 update? 

Hey there, I know that leaks are a thing but in all seriousness tho, that content for Mania Plus is gonna be big.

Oh and we can expect the rest if the world to have the "actually finished" 1.04 version of Mania because so far...

It's a god dang broken mess in the data of Encore Mode

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, MarioAmigosYT said:

Hey there, I know that leaks are a thing but in all seriousness tho, that content for Mania Plus is gonna be big.

Oh and we can expect the rest if the world to have the "actually finished" 1.04 version of Mania because so far...

It's a god dang broken mess in the data of Encore Mode

Welcome to SSMB and it's no big surprise there are some issues with Encore mode.

1 hour ago, Feanor said:

Is that heat wave effect in Lava Reef Act 1 new? If so is it an Encore mode change or part of the 1.04 update? 

My guess is that it's part of update 1.04 itself. And it really wouldn't be surprising if it was, since that data for the heat wave effect would carry over into Encore mode anyway.

I can now get the Angel Island act to start with the complete background. How did I manage this? Well:

In the Angel Island act I entered a bonus stage (I used debug-mode to create a star-post and gave myself 50 rings). I entered the bonus stage (blue sphere), immediately excited and then restarted the act. It now starts with the correct background.

2 hours ago, Feanor said:

It's an Encore-exclusive thing. I did not see any waving effect in the Mania Mode version.

2 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

I found more footage of Angel Island on youtube. The background at the beginning of AI in this video isn't glitched. 

Hmmm... Pretty interesting to see that it can work actually work properly... I though it was an unfinished, early version of Angel Island Zone.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've uploaded this new video of Angel Island which now has the correct background from the very start. I played Angel Island with Sonic, Tails and then Knuckles:

At 5:55 when I start playing with Knuckles, I show how I change the incomplete background to the fully complete background.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 5/20/2018 at 3:27 PM, TheOcelot said:

I have removed my previous video of Angel Island and uploaded this new one, which now has the correct background from the very start. I played Angel Island with Sonic, Tails and then Knuckles:

At 5:55 when I start playing with Knuckles, I show how I change the incomplete background to the fully complete background.

I noticed that Sonic can't break through the Stones in Mighty's path:

Like the stones here in Knuckles' path in 3&K:

So maybe Mighty's Hammer Drop will also break surrounding objects ( Iizuka-san said it can make the ground shake, so maybe it works like the Gliding Shock Wave attack from Hyper Knuckles ) or he can run through solid objects like Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Hey there, first post here! So, over at Sonic Retro there was discussion about Angel Island's grass redesign. Personally, I don't mind the change, but here's one I absolutely DO mind : Hydrocity's background change. As in the strange choice to give Act 1 the Act 2 background and vise versa. This change still confuses me to this day, and I can't play the stage anymore without thinking about it.

In the original Hydrocity, I felt that there was a sense of progression with the backgrounds, how you first have the light purple colors and candles, with the giant windows that make you feel like you're just entering a new area, then in Act 2 you have the cool dark purple and green colors, along with the removal of the windows and you now feel like you're going deep into the ruins. Now, something feels off when I go from that beautiful should-be-act-2 background to the one that, for the lack of a better description, feels like an Act 1.

Like I said, I really don't understand this change and I can no longer play this stage without noticing. I haven't really seen this get brought up, so I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same way as I do.