Awoo.

Sonic Mania: Version 1.04 and Plus DLC PS4 Leaks (SPOILERS)

Sonictrainer

The presentation doesn't really make it clear that that's what's going on. It's just Sonic going through portals.

Spoiler

Seems like to me heavy king us trying to sneak attack sonic and co.

Why is everybody saying the hbhs are good now?

Maybe I've been watching too many nemesis's revenge youtube videos.

6 minutes ago, Pelvic WOO! engine said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Seems like to me heavy king us trying to sneak attack sonic and co.

Why is everybody saying the hbhs are good now?

Maybe I've been watching too many nemesis's revenge youtube videos.

About to hit them over the head with a giant bowl of ice cream?

That is one sneaky tactic.

• Chuckle 1

2 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Hide contents

About to hit them over the head with a giant bowl of ice cream?

That is one sneaky tactic.

Yeah man. It's probably frozen at -200° celsius so it would definitely freeze them to death.

But seriously, they're still suprised to see him.

1 hour ago, Pelvic WOO! engine said:

Yeah man. It's probably frozen at -200° celsius so it would definitely freeze them to death.

But seriously, they're still suprised to see him.

Maybe they didn’t know what happened to the Heavies, and were simply surprised to see one at peace? It’s like a surprise party. 

I can see it shaking down both ways and don't think one snapshot clearly indicates if he's really turned a new leaf or not. :thinking:

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, Jambone said:

I really hope Classic Sonic doesn't end here.

Seeing as Sega has a hell of a time making a good 3d game unless its a racing game even though actually thats sumo.......and actually not sure how tho whole team based thing is going to work....plus its only 40 dollars............anyway most likely not, 2d is Sonics safe zone honestly and manias success means more than likely youll see another game sometime in 2019 as 2018 is pluses time..

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

Seeing as Sega has a hell of a time making a good 3d game unless its a racing game even though actually thats sumo.......and actually not sure how tho whole team based thing is going to work....plus its only 40 dollars............anyway most likely not, 2d is Sonics safe zone honestly and manias success means more than likely youll see another game sometime in 2019 as 2018 is pluses time..

Hopefully.  Sega may be dumber than a brick but they do at least follow the money, which Mania seems to bring (and relatively cheap with great publicity).  Fingers crossed.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Diogenes said:

The Titanic Monarch fight was the entirety of act 2.

Debatable. Portal hopping to open up a gateway to the head didn’t tell me a was fighting it from the inside - that would have been a cool concept however - taking it apart from the inside whilst traversing to the top.

Even getting rid of The Eggman Boss at the top at the end of the game only provided a few minor explosions at the head of the final cinematic.

I loved the concept of the Monach being a zone itself, I just would have loved to take on a WHOLE zone as a final boss to finish the game. 🙂

Still, doesn’t diminish Encore or Plus as a whole - two extra characters and all those neat little extras are worth the price alone.

@TimmiT (who managed to get a copy of Mania Plus early) has posted a tweet showing-off the music for Encore mode main menu.

It's pretty rad:

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

So, there was a """leak""" on 4chan earlier on the week that was the same usual bullshit about a Nintendo Direct script.  However, two of the things they mentioned (Nintendo FunkoPOP figures and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC) have been confirmed so it looks like there MIGHT be something to it.  Operative word might, and it could very well be a lucky guess on two counts, but it pays to keep these sorts of things in mind.

This is relevant because said person also "revealed" that Metal Sonic will be a downloadable character at some point after Plus launches.  Again, these leaks are a dime a dozen, but Metal has been pushed alongside the other playable characters a lot, so it wouldn't be completely unreasonable to think that there's something to it.  Grain of salt and all that, though.

The direct that this information is supposed to come out of is said to happen on July 22.

5 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

@TimmiT (who managed to get a copy of Mania Plus early) has posted a tweet showing-off the music for Encore mode main menu.

It's pretty rad:

That track’s not on the Japanese promo album, right? Still hoping for a definitive soundtrack eventually.

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

That track’s not on the Japanese promo album, right? Still hoping for a definitive soundtrack eventually.

It's included in the physical soundtrack with the JP release (as detailed on the Mania Jp site)

The track is called "Double Take"

"Double Take - Encore Save Select"

Edit: Here's the full track:

Interesting that Hunter Bridges composed the new music for Mania Plus instead of Tee Lopes.

19 hours ago, Cuz said:

I can see it shaking down both ways and don't think one snapshot clearly indicates if he's really turned a new leaf or not. :thinking:

Taking cues from his creator, eh?

6 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

It's pretty rad:

Sounds like Heavy King and/or Infinite about the drop a mixtape.

2 hours ago, Jambone said:

This is relevant because said person also "revealed" that Metal Sonic will be a downloadable character at some point after Plus launches.  Again, these leaks are a dime a dozen, but Metal has been pushed alongside the other playable characters a lot, so it wouldn't be completely unreasonable to think that there's something to it.  Grain of salt and all that, though.

Wasn't there already a box for Mania Plus giving that away months ago?

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

I can't believe Eggman is fucking dead. 

Ixis Naugus confirmed for mainline Sonic villain now. 

It's the only way. Otherwise Sonic is cancelled. 

Seriously though those endings are fucking weak. What is it with Mania and terrible endings for a great game?

5 hours ago, Jambone said:

So, there was a """leak""" on 4chan earlier on the week that was the same usual bullshit about a Nintendo Direct script.  However, two of the things they mentioned (Nintendo FunkoPOP figures and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC) have been confirmed so it looks like there MIGHT be something to it.  Operative word might, and it could very well be a lucky guess on two counts, but it pays to keep these sorts of things in mind.

The direct that this information is supposed to come out of is said to happen on July 22.

Maybe the MS DLC has to do with Eggman’s fate in the ending? Metal battles our heroes and the reformed HBH to find Eggman’s whereabouts and save his master. Once again, new layouts (or at least a mix of Mania and Encore) on this rescue mission. 

So..now I'm conflicted. I would love to believe Ray is doing the double thumbs up Fonz style at the end of each act in Mania Plus.

2143235082_ezgif.com-resize(2).gif.636c6372e044f91db3ad267b8596af1d.gif

But now I'm left wondering if it's meant to be a nod to his character select screen animation from Sega Sonic Arcade. Mighty's seems to share some similarity with it too..  I'm so torn!!

tumblr_p6ivykihXa1wl4elqo1_500.gif.e562b33676b035b2ce17c4a92001246e.gif

6 minutes ago, Tenko said:

So..now I'm conflicted. I would love to believe Ray is doing the double thumbs up Fonz style at the end of each act in Mania Plus.

2143235082_ezgif.com-resize(2).gif.636c6372e044f91db3ad267b8596af1d.gif

But now I'm left wondering if it's meant to be a nod to his character select screen animation from Sega Sonic Arcade. Mighty's seems to share some similarity with it too..  I'm so torn!!

tumblr_p6ivykihXa1wl4elqo1_500.gif.e562b33676b035b2ce17c4a92001246e.gif

I thought that's what it was, just a reference to their Sega Sonic select screen animations.

There's also this for Mighty; I know they all do it but this one also has him flexing with both arms.

File:Segasonic-Unused-mightyswole.gif

11 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

Interesting that Hunter Bridges composed the new music for Mania Plus instead of Tee Lopes

Wait, what. 

12 hours ago, Blue Wisp said:
  Hide contents

I can't believe Eggman is fucking dead. 

Ixis Naugus confirmed for mainline Sonic villain now. 

It's the only way. Otherwise Sonic is cancelled. 

Seriously though those endings are fucking weak. What is it with Mania and terrible endings for a great game?

Sonic Generations, bro, wassup ? 

3 hours ago, Jango said:

Wait, what. 

Predictable. When I heard Angel Island is composed by Hunter instead of Tee I sort of knew Tee won´t do any of the songs.