Awoo.

Sonic Mania: Version 1.04 and Plus DLC PS4 Leaks (SPOILERS)

Sonictrainer

3 hours ago, superman43 said:

That justifies only one thing - that the DLC was planned from at least few months before Mania release. 

Because:
1) the sprites found with S, T, K, M and R letters, with M and R being again Sonic... that´s why 1.04 patch on PS4 changed Mighty and Ray into Sonic (as the sprites weren´t loaded yet)

2) that Angel Island mini section was planned... MonkeyDude - used there, Sweep ("the water skater one") also used here, I think. Or at least it was.

Whisp and Caterkiller might have served as possible badniks to return. Maybe Caterkiller was revised into the green one in Mirage Saloon. Mirage Saloon predominantly uses Sonic 2 badniks, although changed a bit.

Plus... rescue mission ? What rescue mission ? In the first place, there is absolutely no reason for Metal Sonic to be playable. And then, what should he rescue ? Eggman or what ?

Yes, he would rescue Eggman from the portal, and take down the reformed Heavies. And, what’s wrong with harmless speculation here?  But I agree that the DLC isn’t too likely. Just wishful thinking.

Angel Island being present doesn't mean much. Considering the intro cutscene is a recreation of S3's intro, they likely just imported the full level and used the portions they needed. Again, like how portions of Scrap Brain were found when the only part of Scrap Brain used was the final Sonic 1 boss.

57 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Yes, he would rescue Eggman from the portal, and take down the reformed Heavies. And, what’s wrong with harmless speculation here?  But I agree that the DLC isn’t too likely. Just wishful thinking.

I don't think you really understand what speculation is. Speculation implies there's some sort of evidence.

• Thumbs Up 2

Apparently the Steam version of Mania Plus has received a new update 1.05, whereas the console versions only have the 1.04 version. I heard this in the live stream I just finished. Apparently the 1.05 version removes the ability to gain access to Angel Island (Encore) via debug mode like you could in the 1.04 version. No word on any other changes.

Can anyone here who has the Steam version confirm whether they've received the 1.05 update?

7 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

Can anyone here who has the Steam version confirm whether they've received the 1.05 update?

How can you tell ?

So, I was playing the new special stages in Encore Mode and accidentally pressed Y which gave me instant boost to mach 2 and to mach 3. Was this feature mentioned by someone here before? 

21 minutes ago, BlueFlare said:

So, I was playing the new special stages in Encore Mode and accidentally pressed Y which gave me instant boost to mach 2 and to mach 3. Was this feature mentioned by someone here before? 

that doesn't happen for me. tried switch and ps4 versions.

23 minutes ago, BlueFlare said:

It's only on the Steam version, and in all likelihood is an accidental debugging/testing leftover. It's like in the leaked S4E2 Beta 8 where there's a 1up button.

5 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

It's only on the Steam version, and in all likelihood is an accidental debugging/testing leftover. It's like in the leaked S4E2 Beta 8 where there's a 1up button.

Right. It will be patched soon. But it´s wonderful looking at 872k Mach Bonus.

3 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Ah okay, thanks for clearing that. It seemed to make it a little easier to finish some of the special stages, still haven't done most of them. Dang, they're difficult and I will try to do them the proper way. 

Just like with the 1.04 version of Sonic Mania; using the debug-mode glitch you can play the new section of Angel Island zone in Sonic Mania Plus, this time with Mighty or Ray! You can also switch between any of the characters anytime by using the "character switch item-box" as you play through Angel Island or the other zones. Note that your AI partner will always remain as Ray or Mighty depending upon who you chose in Angel Island.

I did a quick playthrough of Angel Island & Green Hill:

I think I've done enough playthroughs of Mania mode & Encore mode :)

DiiqZwsXsAEFSmY.jpg

DiiqZ8pWAAIe8EQ.jpg

DiiqaJXXcAAUeeE.jpg

Having great fun playing with Ray & Mighty.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Well, it turns out there is more cut-content in Mania Plus:

"codenamegamma" who's a well known modder in the Sonic communtiy posted this on reddit:

So sometime before this post, I was alerted to some cheat codes that could be entered from the sound test in the level select of Sonic Mania plus. after that i was able to find and enable "Vape Mode" and since then we've been looking at trying to find ones that might enable that, well a few hours before this post i was able to dump them and here is the full list of ones that the game is looking for.

3 3 3 1 9 7 9 0 8 1 1 - Unknown

4 1 2 6 - All Emeralds

1 9 9 2 1 1 2 4 - Infinite Continues

2 0 1 8 0 6 2 3 - Force Encore Mode

1 9 8 9 0 5 0 1 - Unknown

2 0 1 7 0 8 1 5 - Egg Reverie flying in any levels as Super.

9 0 0 1 - Max Control For Sonic (Dropdash, Super Peel Out, Insta-Shield)

0 0 0 0 6 2 1 4 - Disable Super Music

He also posted a video:

In the code of the game we saw references to something called "VAPE MODE" (Short for Vaporwave) but had no idea what it is or what activated it turns out there should be a level select code that will activate it but we don't know what it is at this time, as the way I enabled this is via memory and yes, the address is in my Sonic Mania Plus Cheat table, that can be found at my Patreon.

All the codes work for me, apart from the "unknown" codes.

These are incredibly cool. Especially the Max Control For Sonic and the no Super Sonic music codes.

I uploaded a quick video showing-off the cheat-codes (gameplay begins at 1:15):

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

These are incredibly cool. Especially the Max Control For Sonic and the no Super Sonic music codes.

I uploaded a quick video showing-off the cheat-codes (gameplay begins at 1:15):

It turns out that "Max Control For Sonic" enables Super Peel-Out for Mighty.

EDIT: I am wrong. It just happens when you switch via the monitor from Sonic to... ehm... probably any other character. 

6 minutes ago, superman43 said:

It turns out that "Max Control For Sonic" enables Super Peel-Out for Mighty.

It doesn't when I try.

Can you prove this? 

Guess I gotta learn the Max Control and no Super Sonic music codes off by heart because I'll be using those ones forever lol.

(No disrespect to Tee Lopes' fantastic Super Sonic theme - just too much respect for Tee Lopes' fantastic not-Super Sonic themes).

24 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

It doesn't when I try.

Can you prove this? 

As I said it just happens when you have Mighty "next in line" and hit the switch monitor with Sonic. Then Mighty had Super Peel-Out besides Hammer Drop for the rest of the level (Mirage Saloon act 2, Encore). And it canceled out after the transition to Oil Ocean.

EDIT: I managed to do the trick again in Encore Oil Ocean Act 2. Had Knuckles and Tails together, got Knuckles accidentally killed... formation changed to Tails/Sonic, with Mighty next in the line. Found the Switch monitor, hit it with Sonic, turned into Mighty. Pressed up and space (keyboard, Super-Peel Out formation) and yes, Mighty did it.

I think Ray can do it too and it is associated with Mighty and Ray being based on Sonic, Ocelot, as when you were showing the PS4 1.04 update where Mighty and Ray immediately turned into Sonics in Angel Island.

EDIT 2: It is indeed possible with every character. In Lava Reef Act 2 switched from "Max Control" Sonic to Tails and Tails has the Super Peel-Out.

Just a little tidbit from the two cheats that mattered most to me:

Activating the No Super Music cheat WILL carry over onto saved games after you quit the No Save game that the level select cheat starts up, thankfully (would be kinda lame otherwise).  However, Max Control Sonic does not - you can only enjoy that in a No Save game it would seem.

Now, the continues code references Sonic 2 release date, Flying Super Sonic's code refers to the original Mania release date, Encore Mode's is Pluses date, and the Squirrel code is Stealth's birth date.

So does anyone know what May 1st 1989 has to do with SEGA history?

8 hours ago, SupahBerry said:

Now, the continues code references Sonic 2 release date, Flying Super Sonic's code refers to the original Mania release date, Encore Mode's is Pluses date, and the Squirrel code is Stealth's birth date.

So does anyone know what May 1st 1989 has to do with SEGA history?

no, Encore Mode´s code is the 27th anniversary of Sonic :D May 1st 1989 should be Hunter Bridges´ birthday.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

• 2 weeks later...

DjomxMqWwAAstOv.jpg:large

Fanart of the Encore Mode Good Ending created by Clarissa_Arts on Twitter.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Way Past Cool 2

On 7/18/2018 at 11:39 PM, Will Connor said:

Also aside from the fact a lot of unused material goes unused for good reason, and the presence of unused material indicates absolutely nothing about the potential for more DLC, what in the world would they name a second piece of DLC? "Sonic Mania Plus Plus"? "Sonic Mania Plus: 2"? "Another Encore"? "Encore… again"? 

I can't see a new DLC as big as Encore, but I'd gladly pay a few bucks for a "Sonic 3 sprites mode" DLC ^^

Yes; there is the question of, what will happen over the next three years (That is, the next new 2D game for the 30th anniversary in 2021 seems like a dependable and wonderful situation, and, there would be just the right amount of time for the teams involved to create it!!) before a new full game would theoretically be released? 

Mania and Mania Plus in their current forms will have a good lasting effect until whenever the next game would be.   Yet, to go through all of 2019, and 2020, with nothing new at all via DLC, that feels a bit unlikely!  

It is quite complicated to guess what it could be.  A single zone or two zone mini story to download at some point before the new game would fill the gap. 

Similar to Plus it would also be allowing new team members to learn the processes to then work together with everyone on the main new game.

• Too Many Rings 1

1 hour ago, expansivelovestories said:

Yes; there is the question of, what will happen over the next three years (That is, the next new 2D game for the 30th anniversary in 2021 seems like a dependable and wonderful situation, and, there would be just the right amount of time for the teams involved to create it!!) before a new full game would theoretically be released? 

Mania and Mania Plus in their current forms will have a good lasting effect until whenever the next game would be.   Yet, to go through all of 2019, and 2020, with nothing new at all via DLC, that feels a bit unlikely!  

It is quite complicated to guess what it could be.  A single zone or two zone mini story to download at some point before the new game would fill the gap. 

Similar to Plus it would also be allowing new team members to learn the processes to then work together with everyone on the main new game.

Yeah, but also with some small tweaks and Easter eggs chucked in, such as Mighty’s wall jump move, the ability to play the original Metal Sonic fight and the Egg Janken (maybe via a Pulp Solstice hidden stage?), that group Sega chant, a tribute to Ben Hurst, etc. 

And with the Heavies reformed and Eggman stuck in the Modern dimension, this would be a good opportunity to reveal our new villain, or just have Metal go and save Eggman to bring him back in if need be. Plenty of opportunity to build hype for the sequel.

• 1 month later...

Maybe slightly offtopic, but I just read that Sonic 2 in Sega Ages for Nintendo Switch will add Sonic Mania's drop dash 😮

Damn, I'd love playing Sonic 3&K with drop dash xD