Jump to content
Sonictrainer

Sonic Mania: Version 1.04 and Plus DLC PS4 Leaks (SPOILERS)

Recommended Posts

Yes; there is the question of, what will happen over the next three years (That is, the next new 2D game for the 30th anniversary in 2021 seems like a dependable and wonderful situation, and, there would be just the right amount of time for the teams involved to create it!!) before a new full game would theoretically be released? 

Mania and Mania Plus in their current forms will have a good lasting effect until whenever the next game would be.   Yet, to go through all of 2019, and 2020, with nothing new at all via DLC, that feels a bit unlikely!  

It is quite complicated to guess what it could be.  A single zone or two zone mini story to download at some point before the new game would fill the gap. 

Similar to Plus it would also be allowing new team members to learn the processes to then work together with everyone on the main new game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, expansivelovestories said:

Yes; there is the question of, what will happen over the next three years (That is, the next new 2D game for the 30th anniversary in 2021 seems like a dependable and wonderful situation, and, there would be just the right amount of time for the teams involved to create it!!) before a new full game would theoretically be released? 

Mania and Mania Plus in their current forms will have a good lasting effect until whenever the next game would be.   Yet, to go through all of 2019, and 2020, with nothing new at all via DLC, that feels a bit unlikely!  

It is quite complicated to guess what it could be.  A single zone or two zone mini story to download at some point before the new game would fill the gap. 

Similar to Plus it would also be allowing new team members to learn the processes to then work together with everyone on the main new game.

Yeah, but also with some small tweaks and Easter eggs chucked in, such as Mighty’s wall jump move, the ability to play the original Metal Sonic fight and the Egg Janken (maybe via a Pulp Solstice hidden stage?), that group Sega chant, a tribute to Ben Hurst, etc. 

 

And with the Heavies reformed and Eggman stuck in the Modern dimension, this would be a good opportunity to reveal our new villain, or just have Metal go and save Eggman to bring him back in if need be. Plenty of opportunity to build hype for the sequel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe slightly offtopic, but I just read that Sonic 2 in Sega Ages for Nintendo Switch will add Sonic Mania's drop dash 😮

Damn, I'd love playing Sonic 3&K with drop dash xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 9:59 PM, molul said:

Maybe slightly offtopic, but I just read that Sonic 2 in Sega Ages for Nintendo Switch will add Sonic Mania's drop dash 😮

I've updated the SEGA Ages topic. Yes, the Switch release will indeed include the drop-dash.

 

Quote

Damn, I'd love playing Sonic 3&K with drop dash xD

I'd love to play any classic Sonic game with the drop-dash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 11:59 PM, molul said:

Maybe slightly offtopic, but I just read that Sonic 2 in Sega Ages for Nintendo Switch will add Sonic Mania's drop dash 😮

Damn, I'd love playing Sonic 3&K with drop dash xD

 

I'm pretty sure I read from Retro forums there's a mod that adds drop dash to S3&K.

edit: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlueFlare said:

I'm pretty sure I read from Retro forums there's a mod that adds drop dash to S3&K.

edit: 

 

NO WAY 😮 I'm getting it right now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Does Mighty get his wall jump in the game? 

And I found this on Verte’s tumblr:

http://thesonicpress.blogspot.com/2018/09/sonic-mania-team-currently-in-japan.html?m=1

What could this mean?

Mighty can't wall jump in Mania. My guess is that the team didn't want him to have it because it's too similar to Knuckles' climbing, although more situational. His Hammer Drop and defensive capabilities make him much more unique.

As for what thar tweet means... Who knows. We all know what we'd like it to be alluding to, but if it's anything we won't know about it for a long time to yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Mighty can't wall jump in Mania. My guess is that the team didn't want him to have it because it's too similar to Knuckles' climbing, although more situational. His Hammer Drop and defensive capabilities make him much more unique.

As for what thar tweet means... Who knows. We all know what we'd like it to be alluding to, but if it's anything we won't know about it for a long time to yet.

Why wasn’t it even an unlockable, optional Easter egg like the Peel Out and Insta-Shield?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Why wasn’t it even an unlockable, optional Easter egg like the Peel Out and Insta-Shield?

Most likely because it would be pointless from a functional point of view, and because Mania reintroduces Mighty as a new character in what is essentially his first appearance in a traditional 2D Sonic game. The wall-kick is also a hangover from his days as a Sonic clone. While it could have been a fun Easter Egg, we're hardly missing out by it being totally omitted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Does Mighty get his wall jump in the game? 

 

And I found this on Verte’s tumblr:

 

http://thesonicpress.blogspot.com/2018/09/sonic-mania-team-currently-in-japan.html?m=1

 

What could this mean?

Could mean anything.

Some of the guys from Team Mania visited Japan quite recently whilst on vacation (I think).

However, this seems more likely a visit to SoJ headquarters to congratulate Team Mania on the games success (or they have gone to the Tokyo Game Show).

As for what this could lead to...

Image result for who's knows gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Mania Team is in Japan, I don't think it's crazy to think that they're having a meeting to discuss about a possible next 2D game, given Mania's success.

I mean, if they launch another 2D game (not necessary Mania 2; actually, better not), they'll need a year or more (if they're not reusing assets this time, they'll need 1'5-2 years). It makes sense the conversations start now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be insane if Mania team was not given another opportunity, to let this fantastic series blossom even further. Give them more freedom to work with a new 2D game, these guys are geniuses. For a new 3D Sonic, I can wait for longer and hopefully have a stable development process if it means a proper game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did somebody said Mania 2?!?!

Yes, please. Do it, Iizuka. Let them do it. For the love of God. Realize the potential you have in your hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd really prefer not calling it "Mania 2". I'd rather leave Mania as some sort of "reboot" of the 2D series, reviving the best classics stages, adding new zones and mechanics, etc. But for a new 2D sonic game, I'd prefer all new zones and probably slightly different sprites (I stil wish for a Sonic 3 sprite skin for Mania).

My point: if the Mania Team goes for a full new 2D Sonic, I think it would be fair naming it differently, so Mania is just that anniversary title that brought 2D Sonic back by remembering what was good from the classics (reimagined zones included).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, molul said:

I'd really prefer not calling it "Mania 2". I'd rather leave Mania as some sort of "reboot" of the 2D series, reviving the best classics stages, adding new zones and mechanics, etc. But for a new 2D sonic game, I'd prefer all new zones and probably slightly different sprites (I stil wish for a Sonic 3 sprite skin for Mania).

My point: if the Mania Team goes for a full new 2D Sonic, I think it would be fair naming it differently, so Mania is just that anniversary title that brought 2D Sonic back by remembering what was good from the classics (reimagined zones included).

When people say "Mania 2," I don't think they necessarily literally mean a game called Sonic Mania 2 and nothing else will be acceptable; that's just the only real placeholder title we as fans can give to a hypothetical Sonic Mania spiritual sequel, cf. Sonic Generations 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most definitely, it would still be a "Mania 2" as in "made by the Mania Team", but it doesn't have to follow the same steps, nor have the same name or be a direct sequel. It must, however, have all original levels this time, all the 5 playable characters from Mania Plus and Amy, a new story and revamped graphics (still keeping it 60FPS pixel-art), IMO.

It could be called Sonic Whatever for all I care, as long as the core team working on it is the same.

I still think Sonic Fever is the best name, 'kay :V

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jango said:

I still think Sonic Fever is the best name, 'kay :V

No! Not Shadow Sonic Fever!

Colours is Unleashed 2, Black Knight is Secret Rings 2, etc etc. People clamouring for Mania 2 simply mean another Classic Sonic game by the same team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.