Awoo.

Sonic Mania: Version 1.04 and Plus DLC PS4 Leaks (SPOILERS)

Sonictrainer

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

There's nothing that says that events in Mania Adventures take place exactly the same way as Mania and Mania Plus.

That one image with sonic in angel island and the phantom ruby portal thing above him looks more or less the same starting point as adventures, or right after coming back from forces.

It could just be a way to transition between zones in encore mode, but for now the former idea seems more likely to me.

It's something that's been happening a lot lately anyway. It feels like there's a lack of communication between the different groups handling all the sonic related stuff at sega when it comes to keeping 1 consistent story. Take this whole sonic mania/forces connection; The animation team does something, Whitehead's team does something else, sonic team in Japan does something else, the comics that are supposed to be supplemantery content to the game (sonic forces) do there own take and then they just let people doing the manual write whatever they want, and it doesnt seem like any of these group check facts with each other (or have the time to do so).

Anyway enough rambling about that. I just have 1 question... Why is the phantom ruby back in classic sonic's world lol?

• Thumbs Up 3

!!  Perhaps the trailer is coming this week, maybe even today or tomorrow?  There hasn't been a new twitter post yet this week, although it is only Tuesday!

Yes, it is happening. I suspected that the Encore mode and SM Adventures will have something common and here it is. I believe that it´s vice versa. SM Adventures are the story add-on to Encore mode, not clashing with it.

2 hours ago, Signmeup said:

So then... sonic mania adventures isnt canon?

This could easily be something that happens after Encore Mode, which may as well 

end with a brief trip to the modern world to confront Infinite and recover the Ruby for good

We will have to wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

This could easily be something that happens after Encore Mode, which may as well 

Hide contents

end with a brief trip to the modern world to confront Infinite and recover the Ruby for good

We will have to wait and see.

That would mean the info about another game in development is true. I hope it´s not.

Well Aaron just confirmed the trailer for Mania Plus hits tomorrow on Twitter. So hopefully some of our questions will be answered then.

Personally I'm wondering if we will now be able to deactive/destroy the HBH during the Titanic Monarch boss, or if the HBH will appear during the Super Sonic boss now that they have shown them to be deactivated in these screenshots. Cause, besides King, you don't really see any of the others being taken down in battle.

• Thumbs Up 5

25 minutes ago, Tenko said:

Personally I'm wondering if we will now be able to deactive/destroy the HBH during the Titanic Monarch boss, or if the HBH will appear during the Super Sonic boss now that they have shown them to be deactivated in these screenshots. Cause, besides King, you don't really see any of the others being taken down in battle.

Well we see the titanic monarch get destroyed at the end, and the HBH and were still in there I believe. The heavy magician had some way to escape, being a magician and all...

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Signmeup said:

Well we see the titanic monarch get destroyed at the end, and the HBH and were still in there I believe. The heavy magician had some way to escape, being a magician and all...

I suppose you could go that route with an explanation. Could he not have magicianed the others out in one piece too in that case?

I'm hoping the Hooligans appear in Plus for real, without being illusions. Perhaps in the Encore version of Mirage Saloon.

Edit : Over on Retro some were trying to read the low quality magazine scan, they seemed to think Ray's ability was "Air Glide" and Mighty had something called "Hammer Drop", which may explain those shots with the downward looking covered paths in Lava Reef. Mighty has a downward blow to break them and head on through. 

• Thumbs Up 4

27 minutes ago, Tenko said:

I suppose you could go that route with an explanation. Could he not have magicianed the others out in one piece too in that case?

I'm hoping the Hooligans appear in Plus for real, without being illusions. Perhaps in the Encore version of Mirage Saloon.

It seems like it may be crucial to the new plot!  It is hard to tell for now, until seeing the full sequence whether the Phantom Ruby is going to basically revive them each separately, or if it will create something new!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Awesome. I figured some of the visual tweaks would be a time of day / weather thing for the zones (or something that’s specific to each zone). So at least Sunset variation on Green Hill confirms this now (but darn, was really hoping for Night- time on green hill, as we’ve had a sunset themed green hill zone in SA3 already - but hey, no biggie).

Seems to me that encore mode really is just that - a second play through of the levels with a brand new afterstory. And the fact that you can choose any combo... or at least combo Ray and mighty with Sonic, is awesome. I really hope for Angel Island as an included zone for an extra too - would be mint!

Hopefully the trailer will reveal all/more tomorrow! 

• Nice Smile 1

3 hours ago, Tenko said:

Well Aaron just confirmed the trailer for Mania Plus hits tomorrow on Twitter. So hopefully some of our questions will be answered then.

Or 

Mighty and Ray finish them off in their Normal mode story, which may explain why they were captured. And i’m also curious as whether they get completely destroyed in the end or not.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Just now, Miragnarok said:

Or 

Hide contents

Mighty and Ray finish them off on their Normal story 

Now that I could get behind! Then Encore Mode follows on from that. That frame that looks like it's from the intro..but different.. posted by Sega and Aaron also makes me think we might get a look during the trailer of a slightly changed animated intro. Unless it's just stuff made just for the trailer like the pencil sketch bit from Mania's trailer.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 2

So apparently the Famitsu article mentions what Mighty and Ray's abilities are in Mania. If it's correct, Ray is Air Glide and Mighty is Hammer Drop.

Not seen anyone say anything about that yet so eh.

• Nice Smile 1

Wow. Just wow. I was super curious about encore mode but the fact that its a sequel story sort of to Mania is awesome! My hype has gone through the roof, and I am stoked for the trailer tomorrow!

Some personal theories and thoughts...

I like the idea of Mighty and Ray's story coming after S,T,K. Perhaps it happens at the same time as forces? This would sort of make the timeline for mania go...

Sonic Mania (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles) ----> Sonic Forces + Mighty & Ray (Mania Mode!) -----> Encore Mode (not sure if adventures fits anywhere, perhaps before encore?)

Following this, the fact that Angel Island is back is awesome! I really hope it's a full 2 act zone, because I would love to hear a Tee remix of both acts. Also i'm guessing Angel Island will be encore's first zone, and the rest will be scrambled. (So they will not be in the same order as Mania Mode.). Sunset Green Hill looks awesome as well!

Hoping that Angel Island isn't the only new zone though. Will they replace certain levels as their encore variant? (I.e - Metallic Madness - Scrap Brain, Lava Reef - Mystic Cave) or will they be added on as well as the encore variants?

Either way, I can't wait to see how this turns out. I'm kind of glad Mania was rushed, as this stuff might not have happened if it wasn't! I can't wait to read more of your guy's thoughts too! 

• Nice Smile 1

58 minutes ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

Wow. Just wow. I was super curious about encore mode but the fact that its a sequel story sort of to Mania is awesome! My hype has gone through the roof, and I am stoked for the trailer tomorrow!

Some personal theories and thoughts...

I like the idea of Mighty and Ray's story coming after S,T,K. Perhaps it happens at the same time as forces? This would sort of make the timeline for mania go...

Sonic Mania (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles) ----> Sonic Forces + Mighty & Ray (Mania Mode!) -----> Encore Mode (not sure if adventures fits anywhere, perhaps before encore?)

Following this, the fact that Angel Island is back is awesome! I really hope it's a full 2 act zone, because I would love to hear a Tee remix of both acts. Also i'm guessing Angel Island will be encore's first zone, and the rest will be scrambled. (So they will not be in the same order as Mania Mode.). Sunset Green Hill looks awesome as well!

Hoping that Angel Island isn't the only new zone though. Will they replace certain levels as their encore variant? (I.e - Metallic Madness - Scrap Brain, Lava Reef - Mystic Cave) or will they be added on as well as the encore variants?

Either way, I can't wait to see how this turns out. I'm kind of glad Mania was rushed, as this stuff might not have happened if it wasn't! I can't wait to read more of your guy's thoughts too! 

And, if the CD stages end up staying, maybe they use the US tracks this time, or maybe whatever time periods were unused? (For Stardust Speedway, the US Track is more likely because the Bad Future one is Metal Sonic’s theme). 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

Yes, I am flashing back to the original description of Mania being comparable to Sonic 3 & Knuckles! 

Encore mode seems like it will be very complete and whole in many ways!  They are an amazing team who both know their limits, and yet, this mode is the main part of Project Plus, so while some changes and additions we can think of may be in the realm of pipe dreams, seeing what we are seeing today I think it is clear there will be enough in there to amaze and surprise everyone!  ^_^^_^ 

• Nice Smile 1

Curious about how Ray is going to play. Is his "Air Glide" just the same as Knuckles' glide? Is he essentially going to be Knuckles without a climbing ability?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Ivo the Coldsteel said:

Curious about how Ray is going to play. Is his "Air Glide" just the same as Knuckles' glide? Is he essentially going to be Knuckles without a climbing ability?

I'm guessing it will play like the acorn in New Mario Bros. A glide and a double jump boost, but when the double jump is used, the glide is weakened.

I think Ray could take flight for a bit, then start gliding like Knuckles.

I drew this on a small phone, give me a brrak please.

Screenshot_2018-04-24-22-02-17-1.thumb.png.25abde92918c6576df49764f86806cd4.png

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 1

11 minutes ago, Psychicmoose103 said:

I'm guessing it will play like the acorn in New Mario Bros. A glide and a double jump boost, but when the double jump is used, the glide is weakened.

I was actually thinking about the flying squirrel suit from Mario, yeah. I think that'd balance it out -- in exchange for losing the climbing ability you gain the ability to propel upward mid-glide to reach areas that Chuckles can't.

Screenshot_2018-04-24-09-14-15.thumb.png.5705e253591fd90e213553e714f50356.png

Is interesting how Ray is actually as tall as Sonic, it seems like he will be the same age as him and Mighty (15, 16), instead of being the same age as Tails like he has been portrayed in the comics. People were making theories about that. I prefer it that way, we already have the young and yellow flying type :P

Though his looking up sprite looks a little off... It looks like he has a beard lol

Maybe his looking up sprite has animation? It could be a weird frame then, if that's rhe case.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic mania plus come out on July 19th in Japan. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 3

7 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Hide contents

So apparently the Famitsu article mentions what Mighty and Ray's abilities are in Mania. If it's correct, Ray is Air Glide and Mighty is Hammer Drop.

Not seen anyone say anything about that yet so eh.

So "Hammer Drop" is what these were put in for...

khscqz.thumb.png.297a0ba32c2a0b7308a091774f949b40.png

Also it seems we don't need to be worried about Mania Plus as far as losing the main squad behind Mania. Someone actually decided to run the Maina Plus credits, which are separate from the main Mania credits from a copy that had been updated and all the old crew seem to get a mention. It's not just a copy paste job either as some of the previous names in areas are missing and some have been added.

o95pMTh.thumb.png.3598a2c74ff70fdeb1a941de304773b2.png