Awoo.

Sonic Mania: Version 1.04 and Plus DLC PS4 Leaks (SPOILERS)

Sonictrainer

2 hours ago, Tenko said:

So "Hammer Drop" is what these were put in for...

khscqz.thumb.png.297a0ba32c2a0b7308a091774f949b40.png

When I did a Knuckles playthrough of the 1.04 update I explored this route. Had to use debug-mode to allow him to gain access. With Mighty getting a kind stomp "hammer drop" move this is clearly a route for him:

I didn't notice any other Mighty specific route in the other zones. Although, I'd imagine there will be a lot more routes for him in the Mania Pus version.

It does make me wonder what specific routes Ray could end up with, or if he will simply be able to take some of the Tails and Knuckles routes with his Air Glide ability. Unless he can preform some kind of move in the air, a corkscrew motion or something to drill through horizontally or vertically due to his ability to get air, then I'm struggling with seeing how they will make him as unique as the others.

I could see Ray using his tail like a baseball bat or a glove in catching or whacking certain projectiles away or using his tail ala SegaSonic Arcade where he grabs on to certain objects with his tail and hangs on to them for an extended time. 

If he doesn't use his tail on Flying Battery's monkey bars I'm gonna be just a little disappointed. xD

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

I wonder if this patch 1.04 will come out with the Mania Plus update or before. 

We shall know Plus' release date today at least (which the Famitsu article says is July). God, I just hope the gaming shops will have it here where I live, otherwise I'll have to wait untill August to buy in the US :/

14 minutes ago, Jango said:

I wonder if this patch 1.04 will come out with the Mania Plus update or before. 

We shall know Plus' release date today at least. God, I hope the gaming shops will have it here where I live, otherwise I'll have to wait untill August to buy in the US :/

Surely if somewhere as far out and at the ass end of the world next to the Antartic as we are here in New Zealand have it coming in at EB Games, JB Hi-Fi and our online retailers then surely you will be able to find it Jango man!! I'll send some luck your way!!

Yes, it will definitely have in some store in the big cities like Sao Paulo, but I live in a small town in the south, we barely have any gaming shops here :/ 

IF it was a regular boxed version instead of the holographic cover thingy, which kinda makes it a special edition, I'm sure it would be easier to find and even cheaper too. If the shops around here do receive this game, they're likely to charge twice the american price + taxes. 

But I'll buy this physical copy, no matter how or where. This is no ordinary game. This is mark for the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, JosepHenry said:

Screenshot_2018-04-24-09-14-15.thumb.png.5705e253591fd90e213553e714f50356.png

Is interesting how Ray is actually as tall as Sonic, it seems like he will be the same age as him and Mighty (15, 16), instead of being the same age as Tails like he has been portrayed in the comics. People were making theories about that. I prefer it that way, we already have the young and yellow flying type :P

I recognised this from the very first art we saw of Ray. Younger characters are defined by their lack of eye ridge, but since Ray had it, he has to be older. 

This may be something I need to keep in mind for future research though... 

A slightly more clear image from the Famitsu article:

Posted Image

In the bottom left picture it looks like you can now indeed switch between characters when playing, which is an excellent addition.

• Thumbs Up 5

The full Famitsu scans can be found here.  My reading is that Angel Island is an Encore-exclusive Prologue, possibly not a very long one.

• Thumbs Up 3

Like others I'm guessing Encore Mode will possibly feature a new post main game story? I won't mind if it doesn't I'd just like there to be a bit more to this mode than "minor" visual alterations.

I'd really love for Angel Island to be implemented as a full zone ^^ Mostly because I want a full version of the remixed theme that I've been denied twice by the Mania "brand" already lol Outside of the music though it's still a fun zone so it'd be great to see remade ^^

As for the accidental update I think a good amount has been improved ^^ The main thing being the inclusion of all the unlockable abilities and K&K mode being included in the main game ^^ No idea why they were a No Save Mode exclusive. Always seemed like a silly decision to me. Love the new level transitions ^^ Again like others have pointed out the transition between Hydrocity and Mirage Saloon does seem unfinished. Hopefully that is indeed the case as it makes no sense as it is. I also very much prefer the final part of the Metal Sonic boss fight. Hated that rubber banding wall nonsense lol

All in all I think everything we've seen so far is pretty great ^^

• Fist Bump 1

8 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

A slightly more clear image from the Famitsu article:

Posted Image

In the bottom left picture it looks like you can now indeed switch between characters when playing, which is an excellent addition.

Hmmm, I wonder if this is strictly just for Encore mode story section, since originally, the characters each have different closing and opening cutscenes.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

Hmmm, I wonder if this is strictly just for Encore mode story section, since originally, the characters each have different closing and opening cutscenes.

Or just a new mode entirely. 

22 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

As I suspected, unfortunately, according to Aaron, Angel Island will not be a complete zone. Only part will be playable.

It feels like the absence of new full zones within Plus keeps the door open for something else in the future!  It would probably not be mentioned beforehand if they were going to do a new zone pack for next summer perhaps, after all, neither was this!  ^_^:)   ( Zones could also be made available as free downloads one at a time? )

It really depends on whether they would complete this game as a strong and versatile foundation, and then bring everything over to an entirely new game (and product that then has to be promoted etc), or, keep Mania current for some years while the next one is being patiently developed!!  

I wonder if Angel Island will act like Isolated Island did, being a tutorial of sorts. Especially since we pick up Mighty and Ray there, whose abilities weren't in any of the old games. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Im reading too much into it, but Aaron saying we didn't announce any new zones, rather than there aren't any new zones, had me think there might be a chance, until he said but yes there will be a little bit of Angel Island.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

22 minutes ago, Tenko said:

Im reading too much into it, but Aaron saying we didn't announce any new zones, rather than there aren't any new zones, had me think there might be a chance, until he said but yes there will be a little bit of Angel Island.

There is still a chance of new zones, even if we get only a little of Angel Island, like how Hidden Palace was. 

New Zones? Apart from the confirmation of an Angel island sneak around I really really doubt it.

In a way I actually hope they wouldn’t bother - just save it for Mania 2 (or whatever they call it) and focus on enhancing an already fantastic experience :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Hmm with the Phantom Ruby back, will Sonic be on a mission to destroy it or just to make sure it doesn't cause any more issues by putting it somewhere it is nullified or something.

Might have crossed other people's minds, but what if the Phantom Ruby is to the Time Stones as the Master Emerald is to the Chaos Emeralds. Perhaps the Time Stones could quell and control the Phantom Ruby like the Master Emerald can do to the Chaos Emeralds.

• Nice Smile 1

I'm wondering if the new Metal Sonic Phase 3 is supposed to be something that is supposed to be a part of Encore Mode, and this update isn't actually complete, resulting in it being in the normal playthrough on accident.

I don't know, as cool as the new Phase 3 is, it feels weird that they would completely erase the old Phase 3 forever. I'm buying Plus physically anyway, so don't really want to update the digital copy I already have if it means completely getting rid of anything unique to the game before version 1.04. At the same time, if the save data is supposed to transfer over, I'd probably need to update the digital copy in order to do that...

• Thumbs Up 1