Sonictrainer

Sonic Mania: Version 1.04 and Plus DLC PS4 Leaks (SPOILERS)

11 hours ago, MainJP said:

Ray's idle animation is a reference to this early Sonic art.

yWFNlt4.png

This artwork was previously referenced in Generations, as well. Wonder if he does the rest of those poses...

10 hours ago, Tenko said:

I would think they would use palette's from Good/Bad Future from CD before they did an Adventure reference.

Bad Future makes sense cause Eggman is there. But Good Future ? I don´t see the point of using it. That´s why I think the Act 1 background would be dawn. But ok, we will see it.

Plus, it is fine they will make a different time cycle for most of the zones.

1 hour ago, crm0622 said:

Hello, I'm new to here!

I think I just discovered the glitchy angel island zone leak video (not made by me).

Looks like he posted at May 6th.

I think he used debug mode glitch in v1.0.4.(In PS4 Version)

If this is legit, then it looks very cool.

I tried to access this area in Angel Island using debug mode (as I have version 1.04) but couldn't access it. You can't activate debug mode during a cutscene...

18 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

I tried to access this area in Angel Island using debug mode (as I have version 1.04) but couldn't access it. You can't activate debug mode during a cutscene...

Those animations are too good to be fake, and that full Angel Island track...

tenor.gif?itemid=5459139

4 hours ago, TheOcelot said:

Have you tried this glitch?

Is it me or the video includes a slightly different rendition of the HBH mischief track? I swear I can hear additional voice clips...

Supposing this is real and not just a very good 'intentionally buggy' mod (we'll see how many other people can access it), this is a nice touch. I'm a bit disappointed Angel Island doesn't run a little longer, just to give Plus a bit more of a proper extra level, though it's nice nostalgia all the same.

7 minutes ago, Gemster312 said:

Someone is streaming encore mode.

In case you want to see it,

<spoiler> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XFr82Li9xA</spoiler>

Yeah, I noticed this.

I managed to glitch into Angel Island and managed to get the encore version of Green Hill as well, but only the first act of GH before the game reset itself (gonna upload a video shortly).

Obviously as per that stream, you can get a lot more of encore mode.

3 minutes ago, Jango said:

Any new zone or just Angel Island?

Looks like Mirage Saloon Act 1 is now a full non-plane stage for Sonic now in Encore Mode!

So technically not a new zone, but still a brand new full act.

I've played through the entire Encore version of Green Hill (has some different enemy and object placement and some special stage rings are in different locations) but no matter what I try I always end up in normal Chemical Plant after I transition from Green Hill. That's frustrating!

If I enter a bonus stage (it does have the new pinball bonus stage, just the normal blue sphere), once it finishes it just takes me back to the title screen.

13 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

I've played through the entire Encore version of Green Hill (has some different enemy and object placement and some special stage rings are in different locations) but no matter what I try I always end up in normal Chemical Plant after I transition from Green Hill. That's frustrating!

If I enter a bonus stage (it does have the new pinball bonus stage, just the normal blue sphere), once it finishes it just takes me back to the title screen.

I think the trick used on the stream was to use Debug Mode to skip the transitions. I think the scripted transitions break the Encore connection.

Try that maybe?

Screenshots from Encore Mode (sorry the video is down so i only got crappy lil screen grabs)

Green Hill Zone

Spoiler

Act 1:
blVCZwz.png
Act 2:
sWajp5N.png

Chemical Plant

Spoiler

Act 1:
chQIVGE.png
Act 2:
2tPQktb.png

Studiopolis

Spoiler

Act 1:
WJ2yeOZ.png
Act 2:
6YxcduM.png

Flying Battery

Spoiler

Act 1:
lpdWd1p.png
Act 2:
AoOsK8H.png

Press Garden

Spoiler

Act 1:
8yvwbh4.png
Act 2:
TUenn6t.png

Stardust Speedway

Spoiler

Act 1:
8d9MIt4.png
Act 2:
wUnSEzh.png

Hydrocity

Spoiler

Act 1:
QzBmUcL.png
Act 2:
YHCGJjv.png

Mirage Saloon

Spoiler

Act 1:
zOIa4Si.png
Act 2:
iu26Ogz.png

Oil Ocean

Spoiler

Act 1:
4VmLWbt.png
Act 2:
KLdsP9w.png

Lava Reef

Spoiler

Act 1:
64NfbZy.png
Act 2:
3D1ROBx.png

At Act 2 of Lava Reef the stream was killed and no further content has been seen.

Enjoy :)