Awoo.

Sonic Mania: Version 1.04 and Plus DLC PS4 Leaks (SPOILERS)

Sonictrainer

On 9/13/2018 at 9:59 PM, molul said:

Maybe slightly offtopic, but I just read that Sonic 2 in Sega Ages for Nintendo Switch will add Sonic Mania's drop dash 😮

I've updated the SEGA Ages topic. Yes, the Switch release will indeed include the drop-dash.

Damn, I'd love playing Sonic 3&K with drop dash xD

I'd love to play any classic Sonic game with the drop-dash.

On 9/13/2018 at 11:59 PM, molul said:

Maybe slightly offtopic, but I just read that Sonic 2 in Sega Ages for Nintendo Switch will add Sonic Mania's drop dash 😮

Damn, I'd love playing Sonic 3&K with drop dash xD

I'm pretty sure I read from Retro forums there's a mod that adds drop dash to S3&K.

edit: 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BlueFlare said:

I'm pretty sure I read from Retro forums there's a mod that adds drop dash to S3&K.

edit: 

NO WAY 😮 I'm getting it right now!

8 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Does Mighty get his wall jump in the game? 

And I found this on Verte’s tumblr:

http://thesonicpress.blogspot.com/2018/09/sonic-mania-team-currently-in-japan.html?m=1

What could this mean?

Mighty can't wall jump in Mania. My guess is that the team didn't want him to have it because it's too similar to Knuckles' climbing, although more situational. His Hammer Drop and defensive capabilities make him much more unique.

As for what thar tweet means... Who knows. We all know what we'd like it to be alluding to, but if it's anything we won't know about it for a long time to yet.

10 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Mighty can't wall jump in Mania. My guess is that the team didn't want him to have it because it's too similar to Knuckles' climbing, although more situational. His Hammer Drop and defensive capabilities make him much more unique.

As for what thar tweet means... Who knows. We all know what we'd like it to be alluding to, but if it's anything we won't know about it for a long time to yet.

Why wasn’t it even an unlockable, optional Easter egg like the Peel Out and Insta-Shield?

25 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Why wasn’t it even an unlockable, optional Easter egg like the Peel Out and Insta-Shield?

Most likely because it would be pointless from a functional point of view, and because Mania reintroduces Mighty as a new character in what is essentially his first appearance in a traditional 2D Sonic game. The wall-kick is also a hangover from his days as a Sonic clone. While it could have been a fun Easter Egg, we're hardly missing out by it being totally omitted.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Does Mighty get his wall jump in the game? 

And I found this on Verte’s tumblr:

http://thesonicpress.blogspot.com/2018/09/sonic-mania-team-currently-in-japan.html?m=1

What could this mean?

Could mean anything.

Some of the guys from Team Mania visited Japan quite recently whilst on vacation (I think).

However, this seems more likely a visit to SoJ headquarters to congratulate Team Mania on the games success (or they have gone to the Tokyo Game Show).

As for what this could lead to...

Image result for who's knows gif

• Thumbs Up 2

If the Mania Team is in Japan, I don't think it's crazy to think that they're having a meeting to discuss about a possible next 2D game, given Mania's success.

I mean, if they launch another 2D game (not necessary Mania 2; actually, better not), they'll need a year or more (if they're not reusing assets this time, they'll need 1'5-2 years). It makes sense the conversations start now.

It would be insane if Mania team was not given another opportunity, to let this fantastic series blossom even further. Give them more freedom to work with a new 2D game, these guys are geniuses. For a new 3D Sonic, I can wait for longer and hopefully have a stable development process if it means a proper game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did somebody said Mania 2?!?!

Yes, please. Do it, Iizuka. Let them do it. For the love of God. Realize the potential you have in your hands.

I'd really prefer not calling it "Mania 2". I'd rather leave Mania as some sort of "reboot" of the 2D series, reviving the best classics stages, adding new zones and mechanics, etc. But for a new 2D sonic game, I'd prefer all new zones and probably slightly different sprites (I stil wish for a Sonic 3 sprite skin for Mania).

My point: if the Mania Team goes for a full new 2D Sonic, I think it would be fair naming it differently, so Mania is just that anniversary title that brought 2D Sonic back by remembering what was good from the classics (reimagined zones included).

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, molul said:

I'd really prefer not calling it "Mania 2". I'd rather leave Mania as some sort of "reboot" of the 2D series, reviving the best classics stages, adding new zones and mechanics, etc. But for a new 2D sonic game, I'd prefer all new zones and probably slightly different sprites (I stil wish for a Sonic 3 sprite skin for Mania).

My point: if the Mania Team goes for a full new 2D Sonic, I think it would be fair naming it differently, so Mania is just that anniversary title that brought 2D Sonic back by remembering what was good from the classics (reimagined zones included).

When people say "Mania 2," I don't think they necessarily literally mean a game called Sonic Mania 2 and nothing else will be acceptable; that's just the only real placeholder title we as fans can give to a hypothetical Sonic Mania spiritual sequel, cf. Sonic Generations 2.

Most definitely, it would still be a "Mania 2" as in "made by the Mania Team", but it doesn't have to follow the same steps, nor have the same name or be a direct sequel. It must, however, have all original levels this time, all the 5 playable characters from Mania Plus and Amy, a new story and revamped graphics (still keeping it 60FPS pixel-art), IMO.

It could be called Sonic Whatever for all I care, as long as the core team working on it is the same.

I still think Sonic Fever is the best name, 'kay :V

11 minutes ago, Jango said:

I still think Sonic Fever is the best name, 'kay :V

No! Not Shadow Sonic Fever!

Colours is Unleashed 2, Black Knight is Secret Rings 2, etc etc. People clamouring for Mania 2 simply mean another Classic Sonic game by the same team.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 2

• 5 months later...

The Steam version of Mania Plus has received a new patch which has removed Denuvo!!!

Patch Release (RC 1.06.0503)
Branch: community_beta
Password: sonicmaniabeta
BuildID: 3617885

Patch notes:
• Fixed an issue where a controller didn't always get detected
• Increased the amount of storage size a user could access for the replay data.
• Fixed an issue where the check for compatible shaders was not performed when the game starts.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/584400/discussions/0/1836811737977650742/

• Thumbs Up 5

After all the chaotic negativity with the Movie design, this is a breath of fresh air. Glad they finally got Denuvo removed. Catharsis.

• Thumbs Up 5

The Denuvo is remove-o, huh?

I wonder how many other Sega games will follow suit?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/9/2019 at 3:14 PM, DreamSaturn said:

The Denuvo is remove-o, huh?

I wonder how many other Sega games will follow suit?

I hope all of them, i mean sega for fuck sake lads its bad enough you have not made a good game in like 5 years now (that is not a remake or a remaster) but add in this bullocks and in a game everyone likes.

Given Yakuza Kiwami and Catherine Classic both shipped with no Denuvo, and now it's been retroactively removed from Yakuza 0 and Mania, it's safe to say SEGA is done with Denuvo. Which I'm happy to see. 

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Fist Bump 1