Sonictrainer

Sonic Mania: Version 1.04 and Plus DLC PS4 Leaks (SPOILERS)

21 hours ago, superman43 said:

That is the second boss that could do well with an "easy/hard mode"... easy being original Metal Sonic phase 3 + reworked OOZ bosses for both Acts, hard being new Metal Sonic phase 3 and OOZ bosses in original release.

Yeah. I actually would agree on that front. It's funny but I was actually thinking about the idea of them keeping the original OOZ as the hard mode boss for Oil Ocean Act 2 and using the reworked OOZ as easy mode. The jury is out on my own thoughts on the new Metal Sonic phase three fight. But I imagine that would work as the hard mode boss.

Wow, they did such a good job on this patch. Really, my only complaint so far is that the transition from Hydrocity to Mirage Saloon is still pretty underwhelming (It's just a tunnel, that doesn't tell me jack shit about how they got on a plane with knuckles from an underground city to a desert). I still wanted to see more done with the Titanic Monarch machine itself, but oh well. I think Forces was intended to cover that at some point... and obviously completely failed.

If this patch is free, that's amazing. I also love how Metal Sonic references Kai. That was completely unexpected.

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Will this update come back out cause I did not get it for my ps4 

These are updates that haven't come out yet. But they will when they are ready. When they do, then we will know and it should come as a automatic update for Mania.

@TheOcelot, thank you very much for recording all this footage and showing off the update for us! If you're still taking requests, could you please record some footage of the non-stretched Competition mode? I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I don't think it has been caught on video yet.

1 hour ago, The Deleter said:

Aaron's confirmed that this patch is due out in the summer, alongside the Plus update, in case anyone was wondering

Yup, they still have plenty of time and the patch most likely is still in progress therefore the seen footage (changes) will be polished for summer release. 

14 hours ago, A_W said:

@TheOcelot, thank you very much for recording all this footage and showing off the update for us! If you're still taking requests, could you please record some footage of the non-stretched Competition mode? I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I don't think it has been caught on video yet.

Here you go :)

Whilst smaller, I think it looks a lot better.

Question; would you like me to upload a Knuckles playthrough (note that Knux cutscene at the end of Lava Reef hasn't changed)?

Edited by TheOcelot

The new cutscenes and the new Metal Sonic Kai fight are awesome. I'd say the game is perfect now but I find something that could be polished as well: the bonus stage. I wish they removed the Blue Spheres (put it aside as an extra game mode exclusively) and added a proper bonus stage where you can get shields and rings.

16 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

Here you go :)

Whilst smaller, I think the 4:3 ratio (just like it was in Sonic 2 two player-vs) looks better.

Question; would you like me to upload a Knuckles playthrough (note that Knux cutscene at the end of Lava Reef hasn't changed)?

Thank you so much! I agree that this looks miles better than the stretched mode. Can't wait to see what the 4-player mode with Plus will look like!

As for a Knuckles playthrough, I guess it would be cool to see how he handles the new form of Metal, and the changes to the Oil Ocean boss. Thanks again!

1 hour ago, molul said:

They could use that black space for some nice background or even stats.

I wonder whether they could make 21:9 here. That would be so nice. (Not stretched, but more or the level visible)

Well, about that Aaron´s tweet and the update.

I pretty much think that the state of the update is either finished or 95% finished. 

If the former is correct and I were in control of this, I would release the update on 1st May. Why ? It´s Tuesday, as Sonic Mania release, delayed PC release and the accidental update and 2 weeks after the update, which could reference to the PC delay of Mania.

Btw. 28th August is also Tuesday, so I suspect they will use this date for "the update", Plus and the physical versions. Basically because it´s the 1st anniversary.

I know one thing for sure, once the update for Sonic Mania is out, it'll be so much more fun to play. Not that it wasn't before. But with all the added features, it'll feel so much more complete. I kinda need an excuse to play Mania again. I really had so much fun with it, issues aside.

3 minutes ago, superman43 said:

I seriously think that:
1) FBZ to PGZ cutscene could use FBZ Act 2 music (as does the cutscene from FBZ to Sandopolis in S3K)

2) SSZ 2 music in SSZ to HCZ (as does PGZ to SSZ Ruby transition)

3) OOZ 2 music in OOZ to LRZ

That would be very interesting to see and I would certainly welcome it.

12 hours ago, molul said:

The new cutscenes and the new Metal Sonic Kai fight are awesome. I'd say the game is perfect now but I find something that could be polished as well: the bonus stage. I wish they removed the Blue Spheres (put it aside as an extra game mode exclusively) and added a proper bonus stage where you can get shields and rings.

I agree. I think the bonus stage, even though it worked well as a special stage in S3K, does not work well here. It breaks pace too heavily. The biggest drawback to Mania for me...even with mania not having many drawbacks.

28 minutes ago, Ashwalking Bat said:

I know one thing for sure, once the update for Sonic Mania is out, it'll be so much more fun to play. Not that it wasn't before. But with all the added features, it'll feel so much more complete. I kinda need an excuse to play Mania again. I really had so much fun with it, issues aside.

Do you think there is a reason for publishing the update in the same time as Plus ?

I don´t think it is, because those interested in Plus (and physical release) would be interested no matter what.

And others ? Well, we only have those who didn´t buy the game for some reason (PC - Denuvo, that likely won´t change) or those who don´t care (so they won´t raise the number of sold copies).

52 minutes ago, superman43 said:

Do you think there is a reason for publishing the update in the same time as Plus ?

I don´t think it is, because those interested in Plus (and physical release) would be interested no matter what.

And others ? Well, we only have those who didn´t buy the game for some reason (PC - Denuvo, that likely won´t change) or those who don´t care (so they won´t raise the number of sold copies).

That's not what I mean at all. I am just saying that I am excited for the update to Mania. Though, I can see why you could misinterpret that. I do have issues with wording things every so often, so it'll come off different from the intention of my meaning. It's a matter of my own mind knowing what I mean, and it sounds like it makes sense. Though I end up having to clarify myself a lot, due to this.

But in regards to what you are saying, yeah. It would be silly to push the deadline of Plus sooner, since Mania is doing well still. And Plus would still be bought regardless by those who would love to see more from the 2D Platforming scene.

50 minutes ago, Ashwalking Bat said:

That's not what I mean at all. I am just saying that I am excited for the update to Mania. Though, I can see why you could misinterpret that. I do have issues with wording things every so often, so it'll come off different from the intention of my meaning. It's a matter of my own mind knowing what I mean, and it sounds like it makes sense. Though I end up having to clarify myself a lot, due to this.

But in regards to what you are saying, yeah. It would be silly to push the deadline of Plus sooner, since Mania is doing well still. And Plus would still be bought regardless by those who would love to see more from the 2D Platforming scene.

Now I see. Sorry for that. Maybe I have seen something you have not even written. Or maybe I´m just too dumbf... by the Aaron´s tweet.