Awoo.

Sonic Mania: Version 1.04 and Plus DLC PS4 Leaks (SPOILERS)

Sonictrainer

18 minutes ago, BlueFlare said:

Now that Metal Sonic fight feels like something. Really like it better now. 

It puts the Forces Metal Sonic boss fight to even more shame. Because this transformation happened in Mania now what they should have done in Forces was make it so Metal Sonic becomes Metal Overlord, but alas not the only miss opportunity that game has given us.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just did a no-hit playthrough of the new MS boss fight. Enjoy!

Do you like my technique?

Fucking love this boss fight now. The original was good, but this is much better. Shorter and the Metal Sonic Kai is a good challenge.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 4

10 minutes ago, TheOcelot said:

Just did a no-hit playthrough of the new MS boss fight. Enjoy!

Do you like my technique?

Fucking love this boss fight now. The original was good, but this is much better. Shorter and the Metal Sonic Kai is a good challenge.

Full use of Drop Dash.

• Way Past Cool 1

...man, i was sleeping, wwhhhyyyyyy

But everything looks so, SO COOL. Even better than what we could have imagined!

2 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

tumblr_p7cgffSMf01s9pusko1_400.gif

The Metal Sonic Boss Battle in Stardust Speedway Zone Act 2 now has Eggman give Metal Sonic the Phantom Ruby to transform him into Titan Metal Sonic from Knuckles Chaotix.

"HOW APPROPRIATE FOR A ROBOT OVERLORD TO RULE A ROBOT KINGDOMOMOMOMOMMM!!"

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

I don't know why this is put in normal mode; this seems like something that be only done in the Encore mode. This seems like something that could be shown at the end of a potential trailer for the mode, cutting away right before actually revealing the new form. It also reminds me of me of Kirby's had mode boss, especally the "Metal General EX" from KRTD.

This may give a good clue on how some of the other bosses could work...

Could we actually fight the Death Eggbot instead of it being a autoscrolling wall?

Will they bring back the Roshambo Capsule?

Could Heavy Magician change into different old enemies?

Or maybe the Mean Bean Machine will add the "Offset" rule?

It's unlikely, but it be espacally cool if the new final boss for Encore mode will be against Infinite, himself.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

I'm very glad that the stream on twitch was somehow playing with Knuckles & Knuckles allowing the Lava Reef transition to look the way it does!  :lol::lol::) 

It seems possible that the Metal Sonic encounter was always planned to be like that, or at least an alternate plan to that effect might have been discussed or drafted.  

Otherwise perhaps in hindsight they saw the opportunity!  It really fits and is a great tribute to the S3K penultimate boss!!

>more Chaotix references

Z6dO7uy.jpg

though it makes me wonder if stuff from the original game will be inaccessible after this update releases. Gonna hold onto backups of the Steam version(s) for preservation's sake.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

8 hours ago, SonicLegends said:

It puts the Forces Metal Sonic boss fight to even more shame. Because this transformation happened in Mania now what they should have done in Forces was make it so Metal Sonic becomes Metal Overlord, but alas not the only miss opportunity that game has given us.

Well, the Phantom Ruby transformation doesn't actually make him Metal Sonic Kai, it just makes him a bigger version that heavily references Metal Sonic Kai (because as far as we still know Chaotix didn't happen). Forces has the direct equivalent of this because Metal Overlord is Neo Metal Sonic combined with a bunch of Chao, Chaos and Ultimate Lifeform data, not just bigger Metal Sonic. 

• Fist Bump 2

Watched the whole, stream, it looked very cool and such

But, if you think, this show's of how incomplete Sonic Mania is.
like, all these new features was meant to be in Sonic Mania Initial Launch , Last Year.

22 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Well, the Phantom Ruby transformation doesn't actually make him Metal Sonic Kai, it just makes him a bigger version that heavily references Metal Sonic Kai (because as far as we still know Chaotix didn't happen). Forces has the direct equivalent of this because Metal Overlord is Neo Metal Sonic combined with a bunch of Chao, Chaos and U;timate Lifeform data, not just bigger Metal Sonic. 

Everything is canon...

Metal Sonic Kai - transformation by an unknown Eggman experiment, possibly Chaos Rings

Metal Overlord - Data of Teams + Chaos

Metal Sonic in Mania - Phantom Ruby

I like how every time Metal Sonic uses something different and it is never usage of Chaos Emeralds.

I'm looking forward to the updates quite a lot. Also

4 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Hide contents

tumblr_inline_p7cgcaoPLX1thtl7y_540.gif

tumblr_p7cgffSMf01s9pusko1_400.gif

The Metal Sonic Boss Battle in Stardust Speedway Zone Act 2 now has Eggman give Metal Sonic the Phantom Ruby to transform him into Titan Metal Sonic from Knuckles Chaotix.

tumblr_inline_p7cj9uHaKL1thtl7y_1280.giftumblr_inline_p7cjb8A7YC1thtl7y_1280.gif

The Prison Capsule in Oil Ocean Zone Act 2 is now located on a flying submarine that leads to the Lava Reef Zone. Don't question it.

Holy shit in the hand basket is Metal Sonic going to be sick in the update! The metal lord of all robots get's his due at last.

And the oil ocean to lava reef transition is funny and very... unexpected. But it's a fresh way to get to Lava Reef, albeit a bit out of left field.

God bless Mania Team, this is superb. All changes are welcome, especially the new awesome zone transitions and the No Time Limit Mode, which was something I in particular really wanted to have!!

Can't wait for the actual release of this patch, @TheOcelot you luck man!

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Absolutely 1

34 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Well, the Phantom Ruby transformation doesn't actually make him Metal Sonic Kai, it just makes him a bigger version that heavily references Metal Sonic Kai (because as far as we still know Chaotix didn't happen). 

Metal Sonic Kai is a misnomer. That's just what Metal Sonic was called in Chaotix in general (because he was upgraded from Sonic CD and given a plasma beam). The giant version doesn't have an official name.

Other changes:

Extra options (Sonic's moves, & Knuckles mode, debug) can be used on save files.

You can turn the time limit off. 

Additional sprites for Super Sonic - rotating on drums etc.

You have the option to un-stretch the 2 Player Competition aspect ratio.

Different animals in Press Garden and Stardust Speedway Act 2. 

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm refraining from looking at the other new additions but I saw that they put the Tails blow-drying animation back in and that's really all I wanted.

1 hour ago, ZackieCD said:

It is almost the same, but there's differences.

Apart from missing a few vents on the head and the arms actually being connected to the body...

• Fist Bump 1

I really care for mania the 3rd time through and grew rather bored. But these changes look hella welcome. T.Metal looks amazing. Do they use his boss music from choatix?

Spoiler

Are all the zone transitions added? I see that most were, but what about Hydrocity to Mirage Saloon? Or Metallic Madness to Titanic Monarch?