Awoo.

Characters that never grew on you (Games only)

Austroid

10 hours ago, Almar said:

Meh, Cream has been embargoed as an important character. She's not even in the upcoming Sonic racer's Team Rose.

I'm starting to think that people hate her because most of the games where she had an important role were made by Dimps or were Nintendo exclusives.

There's no other explanation, since the character does not even appear in games anymore; why should someone hate her if she is not even used. People accepted Orbot and Cubot, the Deadly 6, Big and Omochao, and other characters who have no purpose, don't add anything interesting to both to gameplay and story, and are boring design-wise. Though, they still hate Cream and want her to be retired from the franchise (a character who doesn't have a relevant role in a main game since Sonic Heroes, and most of the time does not even appear).

I hope Sumo will announce her in a team with Blaze and Silver so those people who are happy that she has been excluded from the game will finally stop (for a month or two at least).

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Almar said:

Meh, Cream has been embargoed as an important character. She's not even in the upcoming Sonic racer's Team Rose.

Oh, there's been issues taken with that, don't worry.

1 hour ago, Iko said:

I'm starting to think that people hate her because most of the games where she had an important role were made by Dimps or were Nintendo exclusives.

There's no other explanation, since the character does not even appear in games anymore; why should someone hate her if she is not even used.

The general gist I've been led to understand is that it's more to do with people being intolerant about a cutesy little girl character, for getting goodwill Amy "deserves," and, more peculiarly, a somewhat Japanese character in a series primarily appealing to American boys.

Oh, and the occasionally shrill voice acting. That too.

1 hour ago, Iko said:

People accepted Orbot and Cubot, the Deadly 6, Big and Omochao, and other characters who have no purpose, don't add anything interesting to both to gameplay and story, and are boring design-wise.

Uh, Orbot, Cubot, and Big, yes; the others, mixed to negative from what I've seen discussed.

1 hour ago, Iko said:

There's no other explanation, since the character does not even appear in games anymore; why should someone hate her if she is not even used.

Though, they still hate Cream and want her to be retired from the franchise (a character who doesn't have a relevant role in a main game since Sonic Heroes, and most of the time does not even appear).

I feel that has more to do with people being petty and stubborn than anything else.

1 hour ago, Iko said:

I hope Sumo will announce her in a team with Blaze and Silver 

I kinda hope so too, honestly.

• Thumbs Up 2

Funny enough I read a thesis/rant more or less saying that Cream, like Amy before her, was designed to be a character appealing to the Eastern audience rather than the Western one. Sonic has long been more successful among the Western audience and so his handlers have been trying to fix that. Hence introducing Cream, continuing to use Silver despite the poor reputation of his debut (Japanese fanbase digs him, I think), Infinite being a thing. Cream's decline in this case would be her being judged as a failure and so slowly written out of the non-spinoff games.

I don't like any of the characters besides Sonic, Tails and Robotink. They're all awfully written and horribly designed, not to mention that they're incredibly annoying (Especially characters that appear more often, like Amy or Knuckles). Sega should have never made more characters.

25 minutes ago, SonicMeat said:

I don't like any of the characters besides Sonic, Tails and Robotink. They're all awfully written and horribly designed, not to mention that they're incredibly annoying (Especially characters that appear more often, like Amy or Knuckles). Sega should have never made more characters.

If you don't like other characters , then just stick to classic games and that's all .

1 minute ago, Gumbit said:

If you don't like other characters , then just stick to classic games and that's all .

Why, yes, that's exactly what I did.

A number of characters were made before Tails existed. Like, Amy and Vector had their final classic looks in the bag before Sonic 2 came out. Saying they shouldn't have made more characters is ignoring the ethos held for Sonic since before Sonic 1. 

• Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

A number of characters were made before Tails existed. Like, Amy and Vector had their final classic looks in the bag before Sonic 2 came out. Saying they shouldn't have made more characters is ignoring the ethos held for Sonic since before Sonic 1. 

Not to mention make things incredibly boring and stagnant.