Awoo.

Avicii (DJ/music artist) dead at 28

Ellipsis-Ultima

Music artist Tim Bergling (aka Avicii) passed away in Oman yesterday.

He's known for songs like Wake me Up, Levels, You Make Me, and his latest song Lonely Together (with Rita Ora).

Cause of death is not known yet, though I have a suspicion that it may have something to do with the operation regarding his health issues.

I'm stunned to be honest. 28 is WAY too young for death. Condolences to his family and may he rest in peace.

• Thumbs Up 1

I mention this in a status a few hours ago and it still sucks to hear. I have a remix of Hey Brother on my phone and it was just such a lovely uplifting song. Such a shame he won't be able to make any more.

I've been hearing this news on and off since yesterday.  I don't think I've ever actually listened to any of his music, but he was apparently beloved around the world.  28 is, indeed, far too young.

Rest in peace.

It was shocking to hear this, I really liked a lot of his songs like Waiting for Love, The Nights, I Could Be The One and a few others. I've listened to his music for years and had some fond memories with it. He died far too young.

If you want to hear some of his best songs, Spotify currently has a set of tribute playlists up on their front page.

Rest in Peace.

Dang. Dude made some great music and helped do something I always hoped someone would do: bring EDM to the mainstream. He will be missed.

Hey brother...

I was outright shocked when I heard this.

I still fibd it hard to believe. Goddamn at 28?!

RIP.

Yeah as someone big into the edm scene, this hit me hard. Avicii was one of the first guys I got into in this genre, and it definitely hurts to see him go so early on...at least the guy made a mark with his music/style.

• Thumbs Up 1