Awoo.

Which other animal species should be introduced to the series?

Solister

The Sonic the Hedgehog series have introduced a mass of new characters during the time. Some were easily forgettable and made only one appearance or two, others are constantly appearing in the series since they were introduced.

There are so many people discussing about the Sonic characters, saying that we have much characters that aren't even remembered, and SEGA shouldn't keep creating new ones, and reuse the older. But there also those fans which are always wanting something more.

Thinking in this possibility, which other species genres should be introduced/reintroduced in the series?

Sonic Forces gave us an interesting idea with the Avatar concept, even having some restriction, made many fan chars creators excited to finally see their work on a real game. But talking as “official” characters, which species would you like to see as new characters?

Dinosaurs. And make them aliens like Babylon Rouges. Dinosaur Alien Invasion. Will sell like hotcakes.

(That is until Ninja Turtles sue us)

• Promotion 1

The Archie comics and to an extent Boom are chalk full of neat animal species that could be drawn from and in fact have drawn from the games themselves in some cases.

Devils, Pika, Chinchilla, Walri, Chimpmunks, Beavers, Skunks, Lynx, and Yeti Crabs are all neat creatures.

To name a few out there choices, I wouldn't mind seeing a Hyena, Bush Baby, Axolotyl, or a maybe Skeleton Dog be a character.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Unlikely; they were even candidates for Avatar species in Forces during the concept stage.  I think it's more that dragons don't really fit the image of Sonic's world, which deals in real (if anthropomorphised) animals rather than fantasy ones.

If they were candidates for the Forces avatars, I'm not so sure they think they don't suit. Rather, it just seems redundant to have a dragon in a series where Charmy carrying Vector can do everything a typical dragon can. 

Heck, with the Wispons having to do stuff like blast fire on behalf of the avatar, dragons in the Sonic verse might not even be made all that powerful, at least by Western standards of dragon. 

Has there ever been a dog? I know you could make one in Forces but I can’t think if there’s ever been an actual character in the games who WAS a dog?

7 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

Has there ever been a dog? I know you could make one in Forces but I can’t think if there’s ever been an actual character in the games who WAS a dog?

Foxes are basically dogs.

Anyway I'm not in much of a rush to add more characters to the series (not major ones, anyway), but when they do, it'd be nice to see more who aren't mammals. There's been a clear bias in favor of mammals (for the obvious reasons that they tend to be more cuddly and marketable) but there's so much diversity in the animal kingdom and it'd be nice to see some of that over another fuzzy thing.

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Rather, it just seems redundant to have a dragon in a series where Charmy carrying Vector can do everything a typical dragon can. 

Very true.

:lol:

I wonder how confused people who never played Sonic Heroes were during the Metarex Saga? 

24 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

Surprisingly, no. Which is weird considering we've had three or four cats.

10 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Anyway I'm not in much of a rush to add more characters to the series (not major ones, anyway), but when they do, it'd be nice to see more who aren't mammals. There's been a clear bias in favor of mammals (for the obvious reasons that they tend to be more cuddly and marketable) but there's so much diversity in the animal kingdom and it'd be nice to see some of that over another fuzzy thing.

I think that's part of why Team Chaotix stand out.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Squid, Jellyfish, Lobster, Sea Star. I want to see some sea creatures.

8 minutes ago, MainJP said:

Squid

Image result for inkling smash meme

10 minutes ago, Ashwalking Bat said:

on 

Image result for inkling smash meme

That ink on her face reminds me of Mr. Enter's latest review.

Watch at your own risk

Y'all wildin.

Check out my homie the Pangolin

11122016081428Pangolin-1000x0.jpg

This dude's got sharp claws, a long tail, a killer snout and some built-in plated armor. What a majestic son of a gun.

Y'know what else this mofo's capable of?

rolled-up-pangolin-photo-credit-and-copy

BALLIN' UP LIKE A BALLER

That's right fools, this adorable little hellian is one of the few natural spindashers on the planet.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGHtyu0ebY-wfqV11jvoN

Pangolin ain't afraid of no dumb lion

SIERRA%20Pangolins%20WB.jpg?itok=LBGnQg7

This pimp can climb trees, too; oh and...

pangolin-tongue.jpg

CHECK OUT. THAT. TONGUE.

IT'S LIKE IF MIGHTY THE ARMADILLO AND YOSHI DID THE BAREBACK FRICK-FRACK 

Tell me this wouldn't be an awesome Sonic character. Oh, wait, don't, 'caus you'd be wrong.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 2

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

Y'all wildin.

This dude's got sharp claws, a long tail, a killer snout and some built-in plated armor. What a majestic son of a gun.

BALLIN' UP LIKE A BALLER

That's right fools, this adorable little hellian is one of the few natural spindashers on the planet.

pangolin-tongue.jpg

CHECK OUT. THAT. TONGUE.

Tell me this wouldn't be an awesome Sonic character. Oh, wait, don't, 'caus you'd be wrong.

Nice one. A Pangolin was one of my choices.

I would love to see creatures such as beavers, pangolins, bandicoots, chipmunks, turtles, skunks, bobcats, gorillas, mice, rats, non-chameleon lizards, eagles, or even phoenixes appear as official Sonic characters.

If many of these same species have appeared in the comics, why not in the games?

Woolly mammoths... preferably in power suits; it's all I want. I'll settle for elephants, but you can't beat that shaggy dog look.

They would stand out from the average crowd, while fitting in among Vector and Big surprisingly well.

Mammoth.thumb.png.f8876cead271523b78e3700af5aefe67.png

8 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Woolly mammoths... preferably in power suits; it's all I want. I'll settle for elephants, but you can't beat that shaggy dog look.

They would stand out from the average crowd, while fitting in among Vector and Big surprisingly well.

Mammoth.thumb.png.f8876cead271523b78e3700af5aefe67.png

Ah yes, Ixis Mogul and that bitchin hat from Predator's backstory.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Stephen Rodriguez said:

I would love to see creatures such as beavers, pangolins, bandicoots, chipmunks, turtles, skunks, bobcats, gorillas, mice, rats, non-chameleon lizards, eagles, or even phoenixes appear as official Sonic characters.

If many of these same species have appeared in the comics, why not in the games?

Because they don't actually add to the cast that often, contrary to what may be thought. I mean, the last ones they made that applied to the main games were a Honey Badger (for Boom, but thanks to M&S she applies to the main games) and a Jackal, and they aren't exactly common.

Speaking of, common is probably why they chose the species they did in Forces for the Avatars; the common ones tend to be the most popular choices for younger fans. 

No more mammals. :U Gimme reptiles. Fish.  Insects.

I'm salty because nearly all the species in forces were mammals. I want something fresh.

As for dragons, I fail to see why they're unreasonable given that we've seen ghosts, phoenixes, and even tiny dragons in adventure 2.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Y'all wildin.

BALLIN' UP LIKE A BALLER

pangolin-tongue.jpg

CHECK OUT. THAT. TONGUE.

Plus, it would raise awareness for the Pangolian species state of endangerment! Those beautiful little creatures deserve to be saved and protected.

I'm also up for having a dragon. I mean, come on, how would that not be cool?!

41 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

I'm also up for having a dragon. I mean, come on, how would that not be cool?!

According to this fanbase?

320px-Dulcydragon.png.jpeg

Guh. Losing the Archie comics was a total gut-punch in this regard. All the new world building was resulting in some utterly fantastic species diversification the likes of which the series had never seen.

Proghorns, Chinchillas, Thylacines, shoot we even got a Jellyfish. And she was awesome no less.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1