Awoo.

Which other animal species should be introduced to the series?

Solister

27 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Angora Rabbit980x.jpg(if they wanna add an old master of something)

Goodness gracious! What in the world is up with THAT?!

16 minutes ago, Mountaindewandsprite said:

Actually, I've always wanted to see what a marmoset would look like.

350?cb=20160709125234

W-tail for the win?

I'd prefer them to focus on the existing characters instead of introducing new ones. Though if I'd have to pick I'd say a Platypus would be interesting. Or maybe an Otter. We don't have a lot of aquatic characters, I think just Vector and I'm not a Vector fan. Some sort of hyrbird character be cool to like how Fang is part wolf and weasel.

1 hour ago, Shaun Shikeishuu said:

Some sort of hyrbird character be cool to like how Fang is part wolf and weasel.

Part wolf and jerboa.

41 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Part wolf and jerboa.

Just being a jerboa was good enough. Never understood the "part wolf" thing.

44 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Part wolf and jerboa.

I never knew that. Why is his other name "Nack the Weasel" though?

12 minutes ago, Mountaindewandsprite said:

I'm guessing it was to justify his titular fang and make his status as a villain more obvious. Also, because Rule of Cool.

10 minutes ago, Shaun Shikeishuu said:

I never knew that. Why is his other name "Nack the Weasel" though?

That's just what the English version renamed him and it stuck after that in spinoff materials. I'm guessing it's because weasels are traditionally seen as villainous over here more often than rodents are. 

His actual species was found in translations of some older bios, with his designer confirming it when asked.

27 minutes ago, Mountaindewandsprite said:

Being a wolf is cool, but being part wolf is even kewler

33 minutes ago, Razule said:

Being a wolf is cool, but being part wolf is even kewler

Get ready to hear the same big band song every couple of seconds!

9b676f2ef6d516415061d0fdf616ddde.jpg

Here's some species I would like to see as new characters:

Bullet ant (Paraponera clavata) - It would be really cool to see a character based on this ant type, and they could use their stinger as a weapon to inflict an extremely painful sting.

Snapping turtle (Chelydra serpentina) - Another cool concept for a new character, as they could possess a strong bite.

Gila monster (Heloderma suspectum) - This is a cool lizard to make a character based off of, as their bite is venomous.

Mexican redknee tarantula (Brachypelma smithi) - I always wondered if there could be a tarantula character. I know there's already Uma Arachnis of Archie Comics, but I feel there could be another spider character with their face not hidden.

Emperor scorpion (Pandinus imperator) - Seeing how this scorpion is a really badass, I feel that there could also be yet another cool character based off this species.

Maybe I could have been more descriptive, but I still feel these species could have some cool ideas for some new characters.

On 6/4/2018 at 11:52 AM, Marco9966 said:

Hedgehog variants like tenrecs, porcuppine...

Wolves

Angora Rabbit980x.jpg(if they wanna add an old master of something)

Ocelot

About Hedgehog variants, how about gymnures and moonrats, close relatives to hedgehogs? Spiny mice might also work. 

Thinking about it, I really wish they would’ve made Shadow a lowland streaked tenrec instead of a hedgehog. He strongly resembles one with his stripes, and it would’ve been a cool nod to the 90s since no one knew what the heck a hedgehog was pre internet days and they made Knuckles an echidna because that’s another weird ass spiky animal that curls into a ball no ones ever heard of. Also I think it’d be a funny little thing since irl everyone confuses tenrecs for hedgehogs so everyone confusin Sonic for Shadow in sa2 could’ve been a cute little wisecrack.

Sighs missed opportunities.

• Nice Smile 1

5 hours ago, Strong Guy said:

Thinking about it, I really wish they would’ve made Shadow a lowland streaked tenrec instead of a hedgehog. He strongly resembles one with his stripes, and it would’ve been a cool nod to the 90s since no one knew what the heck a hedgehog was pre internet days and they made Knuckles an echidna because that’s another weird ass spiky animal that curls into a ball no ones ever heard of. Also I think it’d be a funny little thing since irl everyone confuses tenrecs for hedgehogs so everyone confusin Sonic for Shadow in sa2 could’ve been a cute little wisecrack.

Sighs missed opportunities.

I hear ya on that  missed opportunities part, brother. Silver was supposed to be a mink, but sega thought a mink wouldn't fit in. Would've made for a more diverse cast.

Honestly, an ostrich or a gazelle would be pretty cool as a rival character for Sonic. Like, those animals can go pretty fast on foot, so, yeah. 

Or, better yet, a more intelligent orca whale. I mean, orcas can go pretty fast, plus, they seem to be quite aggressive towards the blue guy. Just give it a speech synthesizer and some rockets (Or make it a cyborg, even. I mean, we've had full-on robots and androids in the series, but never cyborgs), and boom, we have ourselves a rival/filler villain. 

22 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

About Hedgehog variants, how about gymnures and moonrats, close relatives to hedgehogs? Spiny mice might also work. 

Mr. Needle the Spiny Mouse?

1 hour ago, A person, that exists said:

Or, better yet, a more intelligent orca whale. I mean, orcas can go pretty fast, plus, they seem to be quite aggressive towards the blue guy. Just give it a speech synthesizer and some rockets (Or make it a cyborg, even. I mean, we've had full-on robots and androids in the series, but never cyborgs), and boom, we have ourselves a rival/filler villain. 

Cyborg orca, you say?

image.jpeg.003319d22a9ab7043bc5468160093ea5.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1