Awoo.

Aggretsuko

Kevin

at4fNXs.jpg

Aggretsuko is an animated series that just recently premiered on Netflix. For those who've never seen the original shorts, It's about a 25 year old red panda who works in the accounting department of a Japanese company. Facing constant frustration everyday from both superiors and co-workers, she lets out her emotions by going to a karaoke bar every night sings death metal to release her inner-rage,

I've just finished the first season and was instantly hooked at the start. It's both funny and very relatable as I'm sure we've all had time where we've felt the same way she does. For those who have seen it, what are your thoughts on it?

• Thumbs Up 6

So it's in Netfix... crap and we couldn't pay our subscribtion.

I do remember seeing one part of the show in Facebook once, whenever Netflix is back on over here I'm going to check it out.

Saw an ad for this on Netflix. Looks cute. Got it on my list to watch later.

• 1 month later...

I know I posted a brief status mentioning this, but I figure why not at least post something about here since it's already here.

I've been watching Aggretsuko plenty not to long ago and I'm already pretty immersed with everything it's has to offer so far. And honestly, it's a great show for those who deal with everyday stresses or deal with shitty people in their lives. Or a little from both sides of this. While there is the ever so goofy charm to it, that most japanese anime has. There is also a very interesting underline story of exploratory self discovery in a spiritual sense. And the inevitable reality that there will be those who will eventually see your real emotions no matter how much you try to suppress them.

Anyway, I still need to do a bit of finishing up with the season. But needless to say, this show has it's hooks in me and I am happy to of finally watched it.

• 1 month later...

This makes me insanely happy. Hoping we get a trailer sooner rather than later.

That also said, I wouldn't mind seeing the original shorts finally dubbed and released as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...
26 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Saw the special and I thought it was alright

Reveal hidden contents

RetsuHaida more or less being sunk did make me a bit sad.

Spoiler

I don't really think it's sunk, it's just more so ensuring that it makes sense and flows well for the series. Keep in mind, Retsuko was just in a relationship where she forcefully changed herself and hurt herself for her man and it was awful. Her entire arc through Season 1 was learning that marriage wasn't an easy out from her shitty job, and that she couldn't just pretend to be someone else to satisfy another. 

After such a stressful relationship, it makes sense she wouldn't want to dive into another one at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...