Awoo.

Favorite Eggman Logo?

Austroid

UPDATE: Now with Classic-era logos!

egglogoevo.thumb.PNG.9c675d0712b85bb1a2ed26adb072cb56.PNG

Eggman's infamous logo has gone through some changes over the years following SA1. Some are better than others, some are less so.  

I still like SA1's the most as its just so iconic. After that I have to say the SA2 one is nice as well;  a more cartoony look that contrasts to the more no-nonsense attitude he had in the game is great! The short-lived Heroes version I've always liked too; the more stencil-like look is very sleek.

EDIT: Classic-wise I really like the Fighters crest, because its so unique from what you expect from Eggman nowadays. Defiantly a nice change of pace! 

All the more modernized ones I don't find as good. There's something about adding goggles on the logo; it looks unnecessary and takes away from the simplicity.

Don't get me started on that overly-complex Forces logo! This official t-shirt makes it looks like a Starbucks parody.

Image result for forces eggman logoRelated image

Anyways, what variants are you most fond of?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

59 minutes ago, A crocodile said:

I'll take the 'EG' over anything else. Simple and to the point.

af7e8b_215c2c9033554e9ca450a915dcf5accb.

That's actually less simple than it just being his face...

• Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Honestly? Forces looks the best to me. That's exactly some of the flare I expect an Eggman ruled World to have. A painful reminder that Eggman's enslaved the world with his machinery with his smug modern logo plastered dab in the middle, that just looks awesome to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Screenshot_20180430-090754.thumb.png.b0867ab6f126dfb5e88a2e55d7d06c92.png

My favorite one yet. It's got color, it's got the chaos emeralds, it's got personality. It comes from eggman's own face. It shows how cocky and smug he is and what he's all about in this game. The tv effect is an added bonus and is something i never thought i would see in a classic style sonic game.

• Nice Smile 1

4 hours ago, A crocodile said:

I'll take the 'EG' over anything else. Simple and to the point.

af7e8b_215c2c9033554e9ca450a915dcf5accb.

I like the rather industrial , hexagonal shape of the 1992 logo. I also like how Unleashed’s one looks like a winged death’s head on a Puritan grave. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I like the simplicity of the modern mark, it has a good use of negative space and just gets straight to the point "I am Dr. Eggman". The Forces logo has a lot going on, but I think it's supposed to be more of a crest. Regardless I lean more towards simplicity when it comes to design.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Dangerous WOO! engine said:

Screenshot_20180430-090754.thumb.png.b0867ab6f126dfb5e88a2e55d7d06c92.png

My favorite one yet. It's got color, it's got the chaos emeralds, it's got personality. It comes from eggman's own face. It shows how cocky and smug he is and what he's all about in this game.

I was wrong. Chemical Plant, Studiopolis, Mirage Saloon, Oil Ocean, Lava Reef and Titanic Monarch have Eggman logos.

Any iteration of the silhouette grinning Eggman face for me. There’s just something about it that screams ‘Corporate Evil’. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, superman43 said:

You forgot the one in Mania.

Sonic Mania Eggman Logo.png

By the way, there are at least 3 different in Mania.

Yeah, I still haven't played Mania yet... :(

15 hours ago, StaticMania said:

You forgot some...

image.thumb.png.68ccfdd9d37276adef8ce061805d1a50.png

image.thumb.png.3fff2d02f58c971bc6c2eea1ab21d5b1.png

I don't really consider the Sonic X one to be much different from SA1's. If we were to count all the slightly-different-from-SA1 symbols we see in X, there'd be about a dozen more lol.

With the Boom one... I don't care for the show so I didn't really want to include it. Plus this is more of a "games only" list.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd probably go with SA1. I like how it actually harkens back to the Classic design with the walrus-tooth pattern, it's a neat callback. I do like the Modern version too though.

I like the EG logo from the Classic games too, and I love that it's prevalent in the Mania stuff again. It's a tiny detail but really sells the aesthetic. That said I'm glad they got the more Modern takes in there too.

Didn't sonic colors have an eggman logo?

17 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

I'd probably go with SA1. I like how it actually harkens back to the Classic design with the walrus-tooth pattern, it's a neat callback. I do like the Modern version too though.

I like the EG logo from the Classic games too, and I love that it's prevalent in the Mania stuff again. It's a tiny detail but really sells the aesthetic. That said I'm glad they got the more Modern takes in there too.

Yeah, the EG is a great symbol. classic-era Eggman liked variety that's for sure! Reminds me that there's an overlooked one: a military badge-like crest on Eggman's Mech and robots in Sonic the Fighters:

latest?cb=20140705163253

Its hard to make out next to his head, but it looks like it has EGM underneath the pattern designed like his shirt. I'd love to have a rip of that symbol!

17 hours ago, Dangerous WOO! engine said:

Didn't sonic colors have an eggman logo?

I assumed it was the exact same as the modern one before a quick search. But it did actually have a slight difference: no goggles!

tropical-resort-high-resolution-screen-8

I would say this was before the design was settled with the modern logo; but I'm not sure what exact game it showed up in...

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, it says EGM under that 1 on both arms, so it probably does say the same under that crest looking symbol.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

10 hours ago, Austroid said:

Yeah, the EG is a great symbol. classic-era Eggman liked variety that's for sure! Reminds me that there's an overlooked one: a military badge-like crest on Eggman's Mech and robots in Sonic the Fighters:

latest?cb=20140705163253

Its hard to make out next to his head, but it looks like it has EGM underneath the pattern designed like his shirt. I'd love to have a rip of that symbol!

Ask and ye shall recieve:

CE6SZfh.png

Might vector this actually, it's neat. Could make a good shirt. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

38 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

CE6SZfh.png

Please do a vector of this logo! I do like his little tagline at the bottom. Maybe a “RBTNK” Version (doing the same to his localized name what this did to Eggman) after you finish the vector logo. This overlooked logo deserves preservation. 

Maybe the chart at the top can be updated with all of the other logos we found?

LUQXCLT.jpg

Boom, vectored Fighters logo. Not perfect but it'll do. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 2
  • My Emmerdoods 1

6 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

LUQXCLT.jpg

Boom, vectored Fighters logo. Not perfect but it'll do. 

Can you please also vector the Mania logos of his? 

11 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

CE6SZfh.png

Related image

Seriously that was awesome of you man! I would LOVE to have this on a shirt, poster, flag... everything lol.

• Fist Bump 1

• 5 months later...

Meanwhile I’m not sure where this thing came from (it was on Villains Wiki)

latest?cb=20130622013935

Also, I noticed that the Adventure/Advance/Mania logo returns in Team Sonic Racing...

DfbbtwCWAAAEExV.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1