Awoo.

Someone Bought Sonic 2 ‘Brand new’ on Game Gear in 2018

Eurisko

This made me laugh, like a lot. 

Did they like, have a copy sitting in the backroom all these years? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow. It's actually surprising to know that a new copy of Sonic 2 for Game Gear is still around to this day, though it ended up being bought. If that person plays it, I wish them luck. That game has caused a lot rage over the years due to how crazy difficult the first boss is and how crazy difficult some of the later stages get. Screen size being the huge reason for that.

But yeah. It is pretty dang funny. XD 

I remember seeing someone post on r/transformers about the old Transformers they bought from the very same store.

On 01/05/2018 at 4:32 AM, Ernest-Panda said:

For just $6.99?!

You can't even buy old used games from EB Games for that cheap, yet you can get a very old but brand new and untouched game for a decades old, discontinued console for that ridiculously low price?

• Absolutely 1

This is a store near me:

mAZ2oDVUz9rRcL_xfL5eetTTz5D-38EtHC_YBy_B

When the great consolidation of used games stores and the purge of rental chains happened in the last decade, many many of those companies had huge warehouses of inventory that had shit in them that they had lost track of. When you see things on eBay like absolutely perfect condition boxes and manuals of Nintendo 64 games or whatever but not actual cartridges, they are coming from the same place.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've bought a "brand new", sealed copy of Sonic CD (Mega CD version) years ago for 5€, so this doesn't surprise me much :P 

• My Emmerdoods 1

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 5:19 PM, CEAON said:

This made me laugh, like a lot. 

Did they like, have a copy sitting in the backroom all these years? 

That's my guess too ^^ Stuff like this crops up every now and then ^^ Also you never know what you can stumble upon at any given comic con ^^

Despite the series lack of popularity there you can even find sealed copies in Japan if you have the patience ^^

This was a fun read though a part of me hopes they didn't open the packaging lol

11 hours ago, Tornado said:

This is a store near me:

mAZ2oDVUz9rRcL_xfL5eetTTz5D-38EtHC_YBy_B

When the great consolidation of used games stores and the purge of rental chains happened in the last decade, many many of those companies had huge warehouses of inventory that had shit in them that they had lost track of. When you see things on eBay like absolutely perfect condition boxes and manuals of Nintendo 64 games or whatever but not actual cartridges, they are coming from the same place.

Tornado how much they want?

Wow, now THAT'S something.

Shame that there are no stores that sell old or used games where I live.

• Fist Bump 1