Awoo.

Does anyone happen to have the Sonic RealOne Arcade trailers?

Tara

I recently recalled something that I haven't even thought about it in years.  Before the days of Steam and digital distribution being commonplace, there was a service called RealArcade*.  I never used it myself, so I don't know much about it.  But I remember vividly that the 16-bit Sonic games were on it, and Sega had trailers on their site specifically for the RealArcade versions.  They had a rather generic-sounding female announcer that discussed the game's plot while gameplay footage played.  I tried to find them, but a quick Google and YouTube search yielded no results.

I remember there were trailers for Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, and I think Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles but I remember those considerably less.  If anyone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it!

EDIT- Found a thread on Retro about it.  It's actually RealOne Arcade.  Still can't find them.

* Or was it Realtime Arcade?  I don't remember!!!!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tara

• The drunkard from space!

• LongcrierCat

• Solister

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I recall what you're talking about.. Weren't the realone arcade versions those demos of the sonic games you could play for a limited time before you had to buy them?

Is something like this?

Sorry, I can't help much more looking this is from 2003 (Which is the same year I born), but this is much like the only thing I've found on the first Google results. Apparently it's much like how you described, you could play some demo games for a while (60-minutes), and it's seems include games like Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3D Blast (See the gameplay at 06:24), Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles. I also have found some well known games for me such as SimCity 2000 and RCT2.

Well, if is this what you're looking for, it really seems pretty interesting, which kinda make me fell bad to doesn't have "really" lived those years, great games wherever you've looked for, many songs I like are from the same year I born, makes me fell honored and sad at the same time.

Plus, found this on Sonic Retro, which is the list of games on the service. There's also a download on softonic, however, this is never one of my most reliable download sources.

43 minutes ago, The drunkard from space! said:

I think I recall what you're talking about.. Weren't the realone arcade versions those demos of the sonic games you could play for a limited time before you had to buy them?

Sounds about right, but I'm not entirely sure.

3 minutes ago, Solister said:

Is something like this?

Sorry, I can't help much more looking this is from 2003 (Which is the same year I born), but this is much like the only thing I've found on the first Google results. Apparently it's much like how you described, you could play some demo games for a while (60-minutes), and it's seems include games like Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3D Blast (See the gameplay at 06:24), Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles. I also have found some well known games for me such as SimCity 2000 and RCT2.

Well, if is this what you're looking for, it really seems pretty interesting, which kinda make me fell bad to doesn't have "really" lived those years, great games wherever you've looked for, many songs I like are from the same year I born, makes me fell honored and sad at the same time.

Plus, found this on Sonic Retro, which is the list of games on the service. There's also a download on softonic, however, this is never one of my most reliable download sources.

Not really what I'm looking for, but thanks.

Oh man. RealOne Arcade. I remember this. 

This was how I first played Toejam and Earl. It was Steam before Steam took off. They had a dedicated collection of Genesis games. 

Where did they go?