Awoo.

What is Next for 2d Sonic?

NicoBoi

On 5/22/2018 at 8:47 PM, NicoBoi said:

Ok so after Mania cane out the future is looking bright with Mania+ . But what is after that? Personally I think that they will let HeadCanon do the rest of the 2d games. But I am also curious if SEGA is going to continue with that because of the fact that the best Sonic game in years has been made by them and not SEGA. Kind of the same deel that happened to Fallout whare Fallout New Vegas, where the game the is widely considered as the best was not made by Bethesda but instead was made by Obsidian Entertainment. So we will not know until it happens!

Why do you mention Headcanon only and not Taxman and PagodaWest?

I'd rather not see a Mania 2, atleast not next. I'd rather the team get to do a completely original 2D Sonic game next. Maybe do a Mania 2 at some other point in time. I'm craving more original content and less nostigal. 

On 6/2/2018 at 1:44 PM, Shaun Shikeishuu said:

I'd rather not see a Mania 2, atleast not next. I'd rather the team get to do a completely original 2D Sonic game next. Maybe do a Mania 2 at some other point in time. I'm craving more original content and less nostigal. 

When people say Mania 2... they don't really mean another Sonic game with reused zones and remixed old concepts. What they normally actually just mean is a new 2D classic style Sonic game done in the same overall style of Mania but with all new content.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

When people say Mania 2... they don't really mean another Sonic game with reused zones and remixed old concepts. What they normally actually just mean is a new 2D classic style Sonic game done in the same overall style of Mania but with all new content.

Ah ok, understood. Thought people wanted to see more old levels comic back for some reason.

Oh, not at all. Actually, I'm sure that everyone would prefer that Manía 1 had been all original zones. The old zones remixes were cool, but for nostalgia I'd prefer a Sonic 3 remastered.