Jump to content
MarioAmigosYT

TheMarioAmigos' Fan Game Thread! (formally the Sonic Damage Control thread)

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone! Welcome to my fan game thread, this is a thread for cancelled, in progress or even (hopefully) released fan games by me! (or a team)

Let me show off this clash of sprite art!

screenshot169.png.9e0ebff7c0e04d710de746b4d73e3bd5.png

This is "Project: Nexus" developed with Pvic's GMate Delta!

Join the server here! https://discord.gg/MJ9kRat

Oh! And if you want to know what happened to the information of "Sonic Damage Control" look at the spoiler tag below!

Spoiler

 

806EFDD5-35DC-4A5F-956C-B600AB4A7001.thumb.png.e9b53ab147474da423cd98b55b0e5b99.png

What in the world is THAT?!

This is Sonic Damage Control, a Fan Game that is based on the Fleetway Sonic stories, it will be developed in GMate in Game Maker 8 with a demo releasing SAGE 2019

Here is the recent video on the project:

And our Discord server: (going to be deleted soon)

We hope that we bring you the best Sonic fan game that we can do!

UPDATE:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a suggestion for future trailer/footage releases, don't put text on them, or if you do, put the text right at the bottom of the video and make the transitions so that they appear much slower and on a fade if possible, it's just really distracting right now and makes me want to click off the video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you going for just Genesis Styled Sonic or would you like to go 32-bit/Sega Saturn like Sonic Mania? Do you need level designers that know how to make levels that are fun to speedrun through while also feeling natural to the environment they go to? I'm sure you'll need original sprite art if you want to bring Cyberniks in or the Sonic the Comic Robotnik and Grimer in and it's highly recommended if you're planning on this to have the Metallix even if it would be easy to go for a regular Metal Sonic sprite sheet. 

Like, what all does your team have and what are your weak points that you're looking for in new team members? A lot of this looks like placeholder stuff until you have a solid team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Just a suggestion for future trailer/footage releases, don't put text on them, or if you do, put the text right at the bottom of the video and make the transitions so that they appear much slower and on a fade if possible, it's just really distracting right now and makes me want to click off the video.

Hey, I used an iPhone to edit this okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MarioAmigosYT said:

Hey, I used an iPhone to edit this okay.

You could have probably just not have put the text in. Or you could have used a computer to make the very important announcement video. Anyway, it's good to see some progress on the game, but you definitely need more original assets and work on the level design. Also there's lots of rough edged areas that you used center tiles for when you should've used edge tiles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok this could go two ways, either lead this into a hate thread for my editing skills or to lead into a chat on the game itself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MarioAmigosYT said:

Ok this could go two ways, either lead this into a hate thread for my editing skills or to lead into a chat on the game itself

I don't think anything in here so far even comes close to "hate" dude. In all honesty the text didn't even bother me personally even though the people above are right in saying even having the text at the bottom of the screen rather than centre would've done it.

But to be fair and talk about the game itself, I'm...confused about the project. I mean from the gameplay you seem to have the core classic sonic system going just fine but did you make that engine, are you using an existing one? You say the game's based on the Fleetway Sonic but there's no evidence or examples of it. Y'know, what's the story synopsis (thus also explaining the game's name), what characters are involved, what are you doing with the gameplay that's different from other projects out there?

I'm not actually looking for answers here, just trying to get your mind going a little because from a complete outsider's perspective, like myself and likely many others on here, we've really got nothing other than another Game Maker Classic Sonic engine video. It's because of that you might find this thread quieter than you'd like since there's nothing more for us to really say other than "yep, that's classic sonic gameplay alright". We'd really need more information to get a sense of this project.

Not to put you off at all though, good on you for taking on a creative project and doing something you enjoy, I wish you well with it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Loudest Loud said:

I don't think anything in here so far even comes close to "hate" dude. In all honesty the text didn't even bother me personally even though the people above are right in saying even having the text at the bottom of the screen rather than centre would've done it.

But to be fair and talk about the game itself, I'm...confused about the project. I mean from the gameplay you seem to have the core classic sonic system going just fine but did you make that engine, are you using an existing one? You say the game's based on the Fleetway Sonic but there's no evidence or examples of it. Y'know, what's the story synopsis (thus also explaining the game's name), what characters are involved, what are you doing with the gameplay that's different from other projects out there?

I'm not actually looking for answers here, just trying to get your mind going a little because from a complete outsider's perspective, like myself and likely many others on here, we've really got nothing other than another Game Maker Classic Sonic engine video. It's because of that you might find this thread quieter than you'd like since there's nothing more for us to really say other than "yep, that's classic sonic gameplay alright". We'd really need more information to get a sense of this project.

Not to put you off at all though, good on you for taking on a creative project and doing something you enjoy, I wish you well with it!

As one of the "team members" (I'm there to give game dev advice and all) I can answer a few of the questions.

1) It's using an existing engine. IIRc, it's the Time Twisted one or something.

2) There were actual Fleetway Sonic sprites made, but I think that either they're not shown in the vid or they haven't been put in yet. The sprites are actually pretty good. I would say Mania level of good.

3) There is little to no story for the game as of yet. At least, nothing shared with the team. All I know it has Fleetway Sonic and Super as playable characters and deals with Fleet Super Sonic coming back from... the darkness(?). I've never read the Fleetway comics so I dunno what that means. Just, wherever Evil Super Sonic was left in the comics, the game is supposed to pick up from there.

4) No new gameplay changes.

(I know you said you weren't looking for answers but I think he left a bunch of details out so I figured I'd answer the questions anyways.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Terriful said:

As one of the "team members" (I'm there to give game dev advice and all) I can answer a few of the questions.

1) It's using an existing engine. IIRc, it's the Time Twisted one or something.

2) There were actual Fleetway Sonic sprites made, but I think that either they're not shown in the vid or they haven't been put in yet. The sprites are actually pretty good. I would say Mania level of good.

3) There is little to no story for the game as of yet. At least, nothing shared with the team. All I know it has Fleetway Sonic and Super as playable characters and deals with Fleet Super Sonic coming back from... the darkness(?). I've never read the Fleetway comics so I dunno what that means. Just, wherever Evil Super Sonic was left in the comics, the game is supposed to pick up from there.

4) No new gameplay changes.

(I know you said you weren't looking for answers but I think he left a bunch of details out so I figured I'd answer the questions anyways.)

Hey props for that dude! Like I say the last thing I was doing was being all "boo you suck ya told us nothing", but more info like this is definitely what the project could benefit from. You never know who might be interested if they're just able to get a proper idea on what the game is!

Good luck with the project! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick update here: The Game will no longer hit SAGE 2019.

 

Keep in mind that more updates will come in when we deem the next batch of new content to be showcased.

Thank you for your support

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.