Awoo.

Nintendo @ E3 2018: God Damn It, Nintendo (June 12-14)

Marcello

N48RpRI.pngowUCpTs.pngbBqCij1.png

Nintendo is returning to the E3 video game trade show in June with fan-favorite activities and new features to keep watchers around the world and attendees in Los Angeles engaged and having fun. As in recent years, Nintendo will focus its E3 activities on games coming soon, with a special spotlight given to a key headlining title: the recently announced Super Smash Bros. game coming to the Nintendo Switch system this year. Games launching beyond 2018 will be featured at a later date.

Source

8fVC2qn.png

Ow9C6KT.png
Video Presentation, June 12

• US PDT:                      09:00
  • United Kingdom:       17:00
  • Central Europe:         18:00

Treehouse Live Day 1, June 12

• US PDT:                    ~10:00
  • United Kingdom:     ~18:00
  • Central Europe:       ~19:00

Treehouse Live Day 2, June 13

• US PDT:                       10:00
  • United Kingdom:        18:00
  • Central Europe:          19:00

Treehouse Live Day 3, June 14

• US PDT:                        10:00
  • United Kingdom:         18:00
  • Central Europe:           19:00

Splatoon 2 World Championship 2018, June 11

• US PDT:                         15:30
  • United Kingdom:          23:30
  • Central Europe:            00:30  (June 12)

Splatoon 2 World Championship 2018 Finals, June 12

• US PDT:                          13:00
  • United Kingdom:           21:00
  • Central Europe:             22:00

Super Smash Bros Invitational 2018, June 12

• After Splatoon 2 World Championship 2018 Finals

For more Time Zones check here: https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/status/997491121994387462

03vscXw.png

3Vd16LE.png

Motobug is the SSMB stream, so if you want to watch with us, this is the place.

More information can be found here: https://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/22177-motobug-20-ssmbs-new-and-improved-official-streaming-hub-vote-currently-ongoing-for-next-show-reviewer-showcase-on-sundays-10pm-gmt5pm-est/

https://cytu.be/r/Motobug

Rz5WHpV.png

ZEDusaN.png

• Super Smash Bros (Switch)

KUhPBH8.png

• Metroid Prime 4
  • Fire Emblem
  • Yoshi
  • Pikmin 4
  • Retro Studios New Title
  • Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu/Eevee

jYT3gTF.png

• Fortnite
  • Wave Race
  • Star Fox Grand Prix
  • Ridge Racer 8

utm3c5S.png 

• Super Smash Bros (Switch)

kBPHMBe.png

2CH090C.pngYyNaq96.png

Nintendo invites fans to watch two days of tournament competition live during E3

Nintendo has released new details about who will be participating in its two competitive gaming tournaments next month, as well as how people can get in to watch all the action in person. The Splatoon 2 World Championship and Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 will run June 11-12 at the Belasco Theater at 1050 S. Hill St. in Los Angeles. The event will be just one of Nintendo’s activities during the E3 video game trade show, which runs June 12-14 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

At 12:30 p.m. on Monday, June 11, fans can start lining up at the theater for a chance to receive a wristband that will grant them access to watch the opening rounds of the Splatoon 2 World Championship. Space within the venue is limited and fewer than 500 attendees will be admitted into the event. Wristbands will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last. The doors are scheduled to open at 2:30 p.m., followed by the opening rounds starting at 3:30 p.m. Those who are not able to watch the competition in person can still catch all the action on the livestream at https://e3.nintendo.com/.

All the action will be called by sportscaster and Nintendo World Championships commentator Jordan Kent, senior editor at CNET Ashley Esqueda and Splatoon 2 U.S./Canada Inkling Open 2018 announcer Nine. Splatoon 2 teams from around the world have bested their rivals to compete in Los Angeles:

• Representing Japan is GG BoyZ: Despite coming to E3 2017 as the clear favorites to win, Japan was upset by U.S. team Deadbeat. Dynamon returns to E3 2018 with this new team after winning out over 800 teams in Japan and is looking to bring the trophy home.

• Representing Australia/NZ is Yeah Nah: Arriving as the undefeated champions of the 2018 AUNZ Splatoon 2 Cup, this new team includes 2017 Splatoon 2 World Inkling Invitational participant Latias, who returns to E3 2018 with the goal of scoring key upsets.

• Representing US/Canada is SetToDestroyX: After defeating Japan in the 2017 Splatoon 2 World Inkling Invitational, key members of the U.S. team Deadbeat became SetToDestroyX and continued their dominance by winning tournament after tournament. They return to E3 2018 ready to defend their title after winning out over 500 teams from across the U.S. and Canada.

• Representing Europe is BackSquids: The winners of the Splatoon European Championship in Montreux, Switzerland, this German team brings a fresh name and team spirit aplenty to E3 as they try to take on the rest of the world.

At 10 a.m. on Tuesday, June 12, fans can line up to receive a badge for the Splatoon 2 World Championships finals and Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018. Space within the venue is limited and fewer than 500 attendees will be admitted into the event. Badges will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last. Doors are scheduled to open at 12 p.m., with competition starting at 1 p.m.

Each of the competitors in the Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 tournament will be playing the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game for the Nintendo Switch system for the first time at this event. All the Super Smash Bros. action will be called by announcers Jordan Kent, VikkiKitty, Vish and TKbreezy.

“These competitions feature some of the top players from around the world, and they always put on an amazing show,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Each day of the event will feature fun giveaways, and fans are encouraged to dress up and show their Nintendo spirit. Be sure to get there early on both days.”

The competitions are open to everyone to attend and watch, but space will be limited. All attendees are expected to follow the attendee policy at https://e3.nintendo.com/attendee-policy/. Attendees who are My Nintendo members can check in with their My Nintendo QR Code to receive a gift item, while supplies last. Gift items will be different for each day: The June 11 gift is a Splatoon 2 World Championship Pop Socket, and the June 12 gift is a set of three pins (featuring the Nintendo Switch logo, the My Nintendo logo and a special mystery pin). Giveaway items are limited to one per My Nintendo member per day. Learn more here.

Those who are unable to be in Los Angeles can still watch all the action livestreamed on https://e3.nintendo.com/ and Nintendo’s YouTube and Twitch channels.

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/nintendo-invites-fans-to-watch-two-days-of-tournament-competition-live-during-e3

If I've forgotten anything or made a mistake, just tell me and I'll fix it.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 2
  • Way Past Cool 2

This is my most anticipated event from E3 by far. Really excited to see all the upcoming games for the Switch!

I'm really excited for Fire Emblem the most. I hope Kozaki designed the characters again! Although since he was behind Heroes' protagonists, there's a pretty big chance he's sticking around for the Switch game as well.

StarFox is a maybe for me, I hope since Zero was a failure they went against rebooting the series.

Pokemon is also a maybe for me. The Kanto rumors are interesting, but it depends if it's a hue step up from FireRed and LeafGreen.

Did the Splatoon 2 Final time get announced, then? 'Cus 02:00 for the Smash tournament means I am definitely not going to be able to watch.

As ever, I can't wait to see what the presentation brings, and for the in-depth looks the Treehouse provides.

I want Nintendo to draw me in and excite me like they used to, but its been so long that at this point I don't know that even a joint Metroid & F-Zero revival would bring me back.

Darn, I'll miss the live video presentation, but my shift ends earlier that week so it shouldn't be too long of a wait. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DarkRula said:

Did the Splatoon 2 Final time get announced, then? 'Cus 02:00 for the Smash tournament means I am definitely not going to be able to watch.

As ever, I can't wait to see what the presentation brings, and for the in-depth looks the Treehouse provides.

Yes, but I messed up. I accidentally wrote the same time as Day 1, but the Splatoon 2 finals start at13:00, not 15:30. The Smash Bros Invitational doesn't seem to have a specific time either, just that it starts after the Splatoon 2 finals, but since those are earlier, my assumed time for Smash Bros will be wrong, too.

Sorry about that. And thanks for asking or else I would've forgotten to fix my placeholder times.?

All I care about is Metroid and everything else suuuuuuuuucks

Samus Aran top tier greatest videogame character next to Lara Croft and Infinite baby.

Metroid Prime 4 might be the only reason I'll need a Switch if it's good enough.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 2

Oh boy it's that time of the year where ryan hides away from streams because ubisoft and ea would break him Motobug streams E3. 

And yeah, Motobug will be streaming E3 this year again, more info will be coming up in a topic similar to what we made last year which had all stream info and worked as a general E3 index. 

Also, would you mind linking the 2.0 topic in the Motobug section? The topic posted is outdated and has the old Taima link which is broken at this point since Motobug moved to CyTube. I can't post the link atm due to SSMB's maintenance slowing things down but you can find the topic pinned in the Video Games section. @Marcello

Definitely keeping an eye on Smash Bros. Switch and Prime 4 as I would like to see how those push the system to the limits graphically.

• Fist Bump 1

I really hope this year's E3 will be the success the last one was. Or at least they can come close. But my main focus is on Prime 4. I really am wanting to see some footage of some sort for it. I am also going to be watching Smash Bros. Switch to a lesser extent.

• Thumbs Up 1

E3 this year for me is gonna be ALL ABOUT Smash, Sonic Racing, and KH3. Everything else is just the cherry on top, but having all three of those at the same E3 excites me greatly.

• Thumbs Up 2

This year will be a big make or break moment for Nintendo. While their current upcoming lineup looks promising, there's still a chance that their heading straight for trouble.

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/309861-splatoon-2-facing-an-influx-of-cheaters

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/8m6gmg/nintendos_failure_to_secure_splatoon_2s_online/

Since April, hackers had discovered an unpatchable exploit on the system, and is already being put in action as shown above. This could be Mario Kart Wii's online all over again, but even worse. And on top of that we're paying for all this.

Plus, the service itself looks extremely lacking, with the fact that they still try to justify this off-console voice chat crap. 

Image result for voice chat on the nintendo switch

And that's scratching the surface, since several features are found on it's competitors and predecessors by default are missing in action. One year in, and the Switch currently features no basic internet browser, no YouTube, no Netflix, no Hub, and of course, no Virtual Console. As opposed to going forward to make emulations for newer consoles, all we're getting at launch is the same old NES titles they've ported a dozen times already, which are almost the entire NES Classic lineup. The only other system they implied would by include later is SNES. At this rate, it'll be 2021 when they start porting GCN or Wii games-- and that's only if they ever get to them. Even the Cloud saving, a highly anticipation feature, can't be guaranteed to work with every game supported, as Capcom has claimed:

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/309921-even-paid-customers-have-to-worry-about-their-resident-evil-7-clo

So yeah, I may have high hopes for what the Direct may offer in terms of the games themselves, if Nintendo doesn't act on any of this, some of those games might not be worth it in the end. They could just make a new Switch model that's much harder to crack, but there are already so many consoles sold already, so what will that really accomplish?

Long story short, if Nintendo doesn't work on putting better features for their service or the system itself, and don't take heavy action on those hackers, they'll probably lose half of its audience faster than who they've gained from it.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, SupahBerry said:

This year will be a big make or break moment for Nintendo. While their current upcoming lineup looks promising, there's still a chance that their heading straight for trouble.

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/309861-splatoon-2-facing-an-influx-of-cheaters

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/8m6gmg/nintendos_failure_to_secure_splatoon_2s_online/

Since April, hackers had discovered an unpatchable exploit on the system, and is already being put in action as shown above. This could be Mario Kart Wii's online all over again, but even worse. And on top of that we're paying for all this.

Plus, the service itself looks extremely lacking, with the fact that they still try to justify this off-console voice chat crap. 

Image result for voice chat on the nintendo switch

And that's scratching the surface, since several features are found on it's competitors and predecessors by default are missing in action. One year in, and the Switch currently features no basic internet browser, no YouTube, no Netflix, no Hub, and of course, no Virtual Console. As opposed to going forward to make emulations for newer consoles, all we're getting at launch is the same old NES titles they've ported a dozen times already, which are almost the entire NES Classic lineup. The only other system they implied would by include later is SNES. At this rate, it'll be 2021 when they start porting GCN or Wii games-- and that's only if they ever get to them. Even the Cloud saving, a highly anticipation feature, can't be guaranteed to work with every game supported, as Capcom has claimed:

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/309921-even-paid-customers-have-to-worry-about-their-resident-evil-7-clo

So yeah, I may have high hopes for what the Direct may offer in terms of the games themselves, if Nintendo doesn't act on any of this, some of those games might not be worth it in the end. They could just make a new Switch model that's much harder to crack, but there are already so many consoles sold already, so what will that really accomplish?

Long story short, if Nintendo doesn't work on putting better features for their service or the system itself, and don't take heavy action on those hackers, they'll probably lose half of its audience faster than who they've gained from it.

Oh boy, and they expect payment when they didn't even bother implementing basic anti-cheat systems in their games.

• Absolutely 2

This wait for E3 is being excruciatingly painful.

Possibly a Metroid Prime 4 trailer

Smash 5 blowout

HD mainline Pokemon

Possibly a new Star Fox game that has a lot that I wanted for a long time

And that's only Nintendo

(Kh3 trailer, possibly more Crash, Spyro info...)

... Come on E3... GO FASTER.

• Thumbs Up 3

I kinda don't buy them actually revealing anything in regards to Metroid Prime 4, I mean all they had to show last year was just text and all they said was that "they're working on it". I just don't buy that the game is seriously coming out this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Oh boy it's that time of the year where ryan hides away from streams because ubisoft and ea would break him Motobug streams E3. 

And yeah, Motobug will be streaming E3 this year again, more info will be coming up in a topic similar to what we made last year which had all stream info and worked as a general E3 index. 

Also, would you mind linking the 2.0 topic in the Motobug section? The topic posted is outdated and has the old Taima link which is broken at this point since Motobug moved to CyTube. I can't post the link atm due to SSMB's maintenance slowing things down but you can find the topic pinned in the Video Games section. @Marcello

Done.

Also, Ubisoft conference last year was great :V Among last year's best.

1 hour ago, shdowhunt60 said:

I kinda don't buy them actually revealing anything in regards to Metroid Prime 4, I mean all they had to show last year was just text and all they said was that "they're working on it". I just don't buy that the game is seriously coming out this year.

I don't expect it to release this year, but even when Nintendo says they'll focus on a specific period of time, we usually get a bit outside of it. Apparently, MP4 has been in development since early 2016, so they should be able to show a bit.

We'll see, though. I sure hope we see it. It's the game I'm most excited for from any company.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yay, I get to watch the Nintendo E3 event in time cuz I am that lucky

But the hacking stuff....

1268734007_Screenshot2018-05-23at13_43_17.thumb.png.03a2a6f5970b923faa66017ccfcd5b0d.png

...yeah, Nintendo and Nvidia better fix that in future stocks on the Switch

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, shdowhunt60 said:

No one here is saying that MP4 is coming out this year, dude. Almost all of us are saying is that we hope there will at least be some footage for the game we can go off of for E3 this year. MP4 has been development for a little while much like Samus Returns was. So I imagine they'll show a little something to the Metroid fans. I really would like for them to actually do that. The title card last time was exciting, but we need to go off more than that to know for sure what MP4 is going to be and what it's going to be like.

Honestly though, the only reason why they probably used a title card only to say it was in development is so Samus Returns can have the lime light for a while. Especially considering that it was the remake we were all wanting from the start anyway. It's just a shame AM2R had to suffer for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmmmm. I saw a interesting thing on that board. A Link's Awakening remake. I am not sure if anyone would even want that. The old one did just fine and it already had a second version on the GBC which added the color dungeon, and the blue and red tunics. I suppose it would be neat to see the 2D world in a 3D environment, but eh.

I think there was a rumour to that effect a little while ago, but nothing came of it.  I'm personally of the opinion that the GBC version actually holds up surprisingly well because the abstract and washed-out graphics supplement the dream theme, such that a remix with better graphics might be innately worse; in other words, I actually don't really want to see it remade at all.  Please make an original 2D-perspective Zelda instead.  (Preferably more than 50% original this time.)

• Fist Bump 1

4 hours ago, Ashwalking Bat said:

Hmmmm. I saw a interesting thing on that board. A Link's Awakening remake. I am not sure if anyone would even want that. The old one did just fine and it already had a second version on the GBC which added the color dungeon, and the blue and red tunics. I suppose it would be neat to see the 2D world in a 3D environment, but eh.

I would want it. That's why I put it there.

On 6/4/2018 at 10:48 AM, Marcello said:

I got bored and made a bingo card:

OyN4Jg3.jpg

http://abload.de/img/digitaleventbingocardlhox6.jpg

Shouldn't disappointment be the free space though?

-runs and hides-

In all honesty, I'm not expecting much beyond leaked or already known things. Perhaps a justification of the Nintendo Online stuff and a revised Switch model due to the easily hacked current model.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, FFWF said:

I think there was a rumour to that effect a little while ago, but nothing came of it.  I'm personally of the opinion that the GBC version actually holds up surprisingly well because the abstract and washed-out graphics supplement the dream theme, such that a remix with better graphics might be innately worse; in other words, I actually don't really want to see it remade at all.  Please make an original 2D-perspective Zelda instead.  (Preferably more than 50% original this time.)

I honestly agree with you there. It holds up well on it's own, which is why I am honestly on the fence about if anyone would really want that. I imagine some may, but it would be in the minority considering. I personally wouldn't want Nintendo to do anything with it.

19 hours ago, Marcello said:

I would want it. That's why I put it there.

That's fine. I wasn't saying that it doesn't belong there or anything. I just really am not sure many would share your enthusiasm with that. I would happily like to be proven wrong, however. Not that I would really change my thoughts on it not needing to be remade.