Awoo.

Never before seen Sonic game..

Jix Hedgehog

Are those screenshots genuine, or just 'made-for-the-box' ones? The graphics resemble the Mega Drive more than the Master System.

It's like a beta version for that sonic leapster game :P. I'm fairly sure I can live without this game.

• Thumbs Up 2

So noone's bought it at all yet? I'm surprised, I'd have thought Sonic collectors would be clambering over each other to get their hands on it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Aww, if I had some spare money I'd buy it in an instant! I don't believe in it though, I know alot about Sonic and I've never heard of it before, it's a bit too iffy for my liking.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have never even heard of this game before now. It looks like the prototype version of Sonoc School House. I am supprised that noone has bought it. If I had a master system then I would have been bidding for it.

It's a fake. The boxart was created by the owner, and the cart is just the unfinished ROM burned onto it. Pretty cool, but it's a fake either way. The boxart also does not fit with the style of SMS boxart in the 90s, it's not as simplistic in the last years of the MS's life.

It'd be cool to own though.

So noone's bought it at all yet? I'm surprised, I'd have thought Sonic collectors would be clambering over each other to get their hands on it.

Apparently, it's fake, so... naahhh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ohh, I remember reading about that game. I never knew it was released though, even in an unfinished form. I might be tempted to bid on this, but I sold my Master System, so... XD

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

• 7 months later...

That looks like a blatantly awful educational cash-in to me...

Why the hell would anyone buy this junk? Sure it's rare and all, but apart from showing it off to fellow nerds what would you do with it? Seriously now; games are for PLAYING, not for gloating over.

The only type of moron who would purchase such shite is the same type of person that has amassed 48 copies of Jet Set Willy, owns 18 Dreamcasts each with different cases, and maybe has a couple of gold-trimmed Commodore 64 computers to boot - a self-glorifying dipshit with more MONEY than sense!

• Bad Quality Post 3

I just think that bidding on such tripe would be a bad idea.

If anything, a person would only buy the game if they were jealous that somebody else already had it - me criticising those people only conveys how un-jealous I am.

• Bad Quality Post 3

Looks quite interesting. Shame the listing's been cancelled or I might have been interested in this. Even if just for the novelty value.

The only type of moron who would purchase such shite is the same type of person that has amassed 48 copies of Jet Set Willy, owns 18 Dreamcasts each with different cases, and maybe has a couple of gold-trimmed Commodore 64 computers to boot - a self-glorifying dipshit with more MONEY than sense!

Or someone who likes collecting things and sees value in things you don't.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Curious. Is that where that mysterious rabbit Badnik came from? o.ó

I believe the rabbit Badnik was originally going to be in Sonic 1, but was scrapped.

The graphics, particularly in the first two minigame screenshots, aren't half bad, but good graphics don't make a good game. Given the generally low opinion of edutainment games besides Oregon Trail, I don't see this as something too many fans will be interested in. I wouldn't even download the ROM.

Looks quite interesting. Shame the listing's been cancelled or I might have been interested in this. Even if just for the novelty value.

Wow, who resurrected this thread? :P

Nah, it wasn't canceled, someone actually bought it.

I don't know if it's a result of the purchase, but Edusoft got dumped quite a while back now. I noticed this topic was started in March; I think that's about the time a dump surfaced, but I'm not totally sure on that one. Glad to know we didn't lose this one to time, in any case. :)

If you guys would like to check it out or get more information on it, Retro's got you covered. ROM link is included, as well as a hacked version to fix a few issues. Props to GerbilSoft for apparently discovering that the ROM had been floating about for a while without anyone's knowledge.

As for the game itself, I'd played it a bit and almost had fun with it. It's neat for the conversions of the Mega Drive level graphics, if nothing else! It's in the same realm of Sonic Eraser in terms of notability, though--if we hadn't known it existed, I doubt we would have lost sleep over it. Neat to play about with it if you've got time, but hardly on your top 5 games list.

Followed the link tweaker posted and the pictures look like it has Genesis Sonic 1 graphics.

A bit confusing but it's interesting to find out about games you've never heard of.

Might download the Rom.