Awoo.

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee for Switch - 16 November 2018

Pawn

Alpha while a remake of sorts has a damn good story. Also let's go is a beauty and really fun but so far its REALLY easy

I'm loving it. Great game that manages to feel like a main series game despite the change in wild encounters. As close to main series as Colosseum and Gale of Darkness were, I'd say.

I bought LGE. I had a bit of an epiphany and decided to just try the games, knowing that these were supposed to be something different after Pokémon had been turning me off for so many years. I'm only early on in the game so far and I don't care at all for the cutesy atmosphere. But the gameplay isn't horrible... I'm enjoying it in a relaxed way. It's a stress free game, which isn't something that I truly understood until I played it for myself with the mindset that it's a different sort of Pokémon RPG.

If it turns out that the game isn't for me in the long run, I'll just trade it in.

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems the general consensus is that it's solid. I know I want it. Sounds like something you'd play not to challenge yourself, but something to relax with after a game that put you to the test.

Nothing wrong with that at all, I don't think.

3 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

I bought LGE. I had a bit of an epiphany and decided to just try the games, knowing that these were supposed to be something different after Pokémon had been turning me off for so many years. I'm only early on in the game so far and I don't care at all for the cutesy atmosphere. But the gameplay isn't horrible... I'm enjoying it in a relaxed way. It's a stress free game, which isn't something that I truly understood until I played it for myself with the mindset that it's a different sort of Pokémon RPG.

If it turns out that the game isn't for me in the long run, I'll just trade it in.

It's a bit like my thoughts, it's a nice game but definitely too easy... For now, I've been told by everyone it gets hard post-game. The cutesy atmosphere... is a nice bonus I guess. I just wish there was more about catching Pokemon as an action.

Good thing I'm no Pokemon expert, and I haven't played Yellow as this game promises a first adventure type of game. I'm quite new to it but it still feels too basic.

That's great to hear. It always warms my heart to see such a consistent correlation with how little effort Game Freak puts into a game and how great that game sells.

• Thumbs Up 3

56 minutes ago, Tornado said:

That's great to hear. It always warms my heart to see such a consistent correlation with how little effort Game Freak puts into a game and how great that game sells.

Remake and casual direction don't mean necessarily little effort. Then again I'm no developer so I don't know how much work they put...

Playing through Eevee now. There is some enjoyment to be had here, but the nerfs to the battle formula and abilities really takes a lot of the wind out of its sails.

I've blown bast Lt. Surge and I'm pretty sure I havn't used an attack outside of Pay Day since I got that TM. My little Eevee is so overwhelmingly powerful (its not even like I've been pumping him up with Candy either) that nothing threatens the guy. All I care about is breaking the games economy and buying enough pokeballs that I'll never have to worry about them ever again.

Also, I ran into and caught a shiny Rattata yesterday. No combo chain, just running around the world. I think its the first all true natural encounter Shiny I've gotten in like 4 generations.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this up, if you have save data of Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee starting December 14th. Then spirits of Pikachu and/or Eevee will be unlocked in Smash Ultimate!

they can also be unlocked via the challenges