Awoo.

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee for Switch - 16 November 2018

Pawn

People denounce Hau, but tend to forget Gladion exists. Sure, he's not Silver levels of dickery but he's the closest thing we've had since.

True but I agree with the others.  I want a rival that pushes me and is there fighter for 1st. Not a rival that stops after every obstacle to heal me and walk side by side to the finish XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Basically, it comes to a choice of "Let's get better together" or "You won but I'm still better, until I admit defeat".

And the villains usually take the role of the second option, leaving just the first. Why can we never get a friend who secretly works for the evil team?

character-1.png

• Name: Meltan
  • Category: Hex Nut Pokémon
  • Type: Steel
  • Height: 0'08"
  • Weight: 17.6 lbs.

A new species of Pokémon—one that nobody has ever seen before—has been discovered! This Pokémon is called Meltan, and as of now, it is quite the enigma.

Most of Meltan’s body is made from liquid metal, and its shape is very fluid. It can use its liquid arms and legs to corrode metal and absorb it into its own body.

Meltan generates electricity using the metal it absorbs from outside sources. It uses this electricity as an energy source and also as an attack that can be fired from its eye.

Clearly a curious Pokémon, Meltan is very expressive and shows an interest in all kinds of things.

character-1b.png

• Name: Melmetal
  • Category: Hex Nut Pokémon
  • TypeSteel
  • Height: 8'02"
  • Weight: 1,763.7 lbs.

We have now discovered that Meltan can evolve. Its Evolution is called Melmetal! This is the first Mythical Pokémon with the ability to evolve.

This is the first time that Melmetal has been seen in 3,000 years! In ancient times, this Pokémon was worshiped for its power to create metal.

When Meltan evolves into Melmetal, it grows vastly stronger than before. Its body hardens as a result of its Evolution, and it becomes incredibly sturdy.

The bulk of its body is made of liquid metal. Its arms in particular are very flexible, and they can whip forward to deliver devastating punches.

Melmetal possesses a unique Steel-type physical move called Double Iron Bash. With this powerful move, Melmetal uses the hex nut in its chest like an axle to spin its powerful arms around, dealing a double strike to the opponent. The weight of the heavy hex nuts on its arms combined with this spinning motion give this move extraordinary power. After it hits, it may even make the target flinch!

characterb_art.png

new_p04_02.jpgnew_p04_03.pngnew_p04_04.png

It has become clear that Meltan will only evolve into Melmetal in Pokémon GO. To evolve it, you will need 400 Meltan Candies.

Just as with the Candies you collect for other Pokémon, you’ll be able to get Meltan Candies by doing things like catching Meltan, sending it to Professor Willow, or having Meltan travel around with you as your Buddy Pokémon.

You’ll also get these Candies when you send Meltan from Pokémon GO to Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! Plus, you’ll also be able to use some other handy shortcuts to speed up this Evolution, such as getting more Meltan Candies by trading with friends or using Rare Candies to help you along the way.

You can bring Melmetal you’ve evolved in Pokémon GO to Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! You can also have friends send them to you from their Pokémon GO accounts. Have fun exploring the Kanto region together with Melmetal!

go_mysterybox.png

We now know that Meltan appears in Pokémon GO. In order to catch Meltan, it is essential to have a Mystery Box, which can be received by sending Pokémon from Pokémon GO to Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like Pokémon Let's Go might be Junichi Masuda's last game as director:

In a conversation published on the official Pokemon website, Masuda discusses the interesting technology he was able to work with on Pokemon Let's Go! Pikachu and Eevee, but notes that he would like to see the series handed off to a new group of leaders.

"But at the same time, it's important to have the younger generation at Game Freak take over the development of Pokémon as a series," he said. "I do believe this will probably be, in terms of the main Pokémon RPGs, the last time that I work as the director."

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1

Good. I loved Masuda back when he was the mastermind behind Platinum, HGSS and BW (BW are still my fave games in the series), but XY's all-round mediocrity and his more recent statements have made me lose a lot of faith in him.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

New Japanese Trailer shows off the official art for the rest of the Gym Leaders and Elite 4 and also reveals....Gary Oak?

This game just gets weirder and weirder.  I imagine that they're either additional rivals of a sort, on their Pokemon journey at the same time as your character even though you're doing everything they're famous for... or it's more multiverse stuff, because at some point Pokemon just decided that that was a major part of the franchise now.

Red being back to his classic RBGY look instead of the FRLG look is probably the coolest thing about this game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's the English version of that trailer.

Wow they brought Green(JPN Blue) our of concept art and manag prugatory for this. 

What madmen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, FFWF said:

This game just gets weirder and weirder.  I imagine that they're either additional rivals of a sort, on their Pokemon journey at the same time as your character even though you're doing everything they're famous for... or it's more multiverse stuff, because at some point Pokemon just decided that that was a major part of the franchise now.

I could be wrong but I don't think they said Pokemon Lets Go was exactly a remake/reboot of Yellow. I think they are supposedly kinda more a sequel to Pokemon Yellow with merely similar avatar characters to Yellow... which is a similar concept with what was done to Pokemon Black & White 2. However I wouldn't swear to anything of this as I'm not a expert on it at all... it all is very vague and confusing.

I don't think they can call it a sequel if they have Giovanni and Team Rocket back doing literally exactly the same things as they were doing in the original Yellow as if all Kanto was suddenly suffering from amnesia.  Mind you, wouldn't put it past them.

Now, an actual sequel to Yellow is a premise I think would be an exciting opportunity to really update Kanto and bring it into line with modern Pokemon standards.  Pokemon Yellow 2 would've sold like gangbusters.  Pokemon Not Yellow HD, on the other hand... well, we'll see.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's some of the new official artwork

elite_lorelei.jpg

Lorelei
“No one can best me when it comes to icy Pokémon.”
You first face off against Lorelei, a master of Ice-type Pokémon!

I like her icicle bead.

elite_bruno.jpg

Bruno
“We will grind you down with our superior power!”
Your next opponent is Bruno, who trains his Fighting-type Pokémon rigorously.

He looks pretty much the same, although his ankle weights look a little different.

elite_agatha.jpg

Agatha
“I’ll show you how a real Trainer battles!”
You’re in for a scare against the Ghost-type user Agatha!

I love her new ghost pimp cane.

elite_lance.jpg

Lance
“You likely know that dragons are Pokémon spoken of in legends!”
The final member of the Elite Four is Lance, who has powerful Dragon-type Pokémon!

I'm curious as to what that symbol on his shirt is...

reigon-elite-four.jpg

On 11/7/2018 at 7:27 PM, Sonictrainer said:

Here's some of the new official artwork

elite_lorelei.jpg

I like her icicle bead.

elite_bruno.jpg

He looks pretty much the same, although his ankle weights look a little different.

elite_agatha.jpg

I love her new ghost pimp cane.

elite_lance.jpg

I'm curious as to what that symbol on his shirt is...

reigon-elite-four.jpg

I know it's like three days late but the symbol on Lance's shirt looks like the blackthorn gym badge

4 hours ago, Tails spin said:

I know it's like three days late but the symbol on Lance's shirt looks like the blackthorn gym badge

P3642_710-03202_01.jpg

That's not it.

50 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

P3642_710-03202_01.jpg

That's not it.

Key word: looks like.

Not it is but looks like.

Either way it's similar to a dragon

Reviews are out. I know people aren't interested in the game, their negative reactions were starting to worry me, but in the end turns out the game is great. It better be because I pre-ordered it this morning.

The only negative I've ever seen about the game is how ridiculous easy it is. Other than that I never noticed anything negative

I meant negative by people's comments and doubts. But still, I will decide if it's good once I play it, for now... I remain curious. It's definitely a Pokemon for beginners and casuals like me. About difficulty, I read that challenge arrives once you beat the game and do the extra stuff.

11 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Hardest poke game will always be a tie between maybe black and white/ alpha sapphire

ORAS being hard...in what galaxy? Those games held your hand more in some ways more than XY did. You can be ridiculously overleveled halfway though the main game for starters. The next mechanics of the EXP Share didn't help matters either. It could a challenge in a few areas but it was by no means a hard game by this series' standards.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

No real hand holding showed up in sun and moon and carried over to let's go. Though I hope end games hard. And if not than I at least hope 2019 is

On 11/13/2018 at 1:06 PM, TCB said:

ORAS being hard...in what galaxy? Those games held your hand more in some ways more than XY did. You can be ridiculously overleveled halfway though the main game for starters. The next mechanics of the EXP Share didn't help matters either. It could a challenge in a few areas but it was by no means a hard game by this series' standards.

You are also given a legendary with no effort half way through

• Thumbs Up 2