Awoo.

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee for Switch - 16 November 2018

Pawn

DeaIFNEV0AA9GBl.jpg

A new thread seemed appropriate since Game Freak considers the next traditional main games to be 2019's titles, rather than these. I'll update more later, bit for now we know:

- A grand total of one new Pokémon will debut

- Catching Pokémon works like Go, with a flick of the Joycon rather than a thumb

- No wild Pokémon battles

- Only the original 151 are in the game, but Alola forms are confirmed

- You can transfer Pokemon from Go (using Bluetooth LE)

- Local co-op is a feature

- You don't need a constant connection in case there was any concern

- No online multiplayer is planned  According to Serebii, this was a mistranslation. What they mean is that they won't be using Nintendo's Online Service specifically, which might be their way of saying you won't have to pay?

- The two versions will have exclusive Pokemon

- No random battles, as Pokémon appear in the world

- Your starter is either Pikachu or Eevee, according to the version and they cannot evolve

- Pikachu and Eevee can play dress up

- Many Pokémon are shown following the trainer

- These games are more about home gaming while next year's are focused on handheld...? O-K

- The Pokeball Plus is $50 and can talk like a Pokémon... and be... pet...

The new Pokeball device and some screenshots:

DeaGuRoUQAEenNF.jpg

DeaLj5HV4AA7efH.jpg

DeaIr9WW0AEoQ14.jpg

DeaITa4X4AAL5oS.jpg

• Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

As someone who barely has interest in Pokemon beyond Ruby/Sapphire and is still trying to get into Omega Ruby, I have absolutely no idea how to feel about it. I'm not sure if the simplified stuff would appeal to me as a casual person who hasn't got a stake in the series really, or if I'd get bored from it being more or less a console Go simulator.

• Thumbs Up 1

AD892E47-1521-4DDC-9EDA-42C64C74A9F0.thumb.jpeg.08e8d4b7ccfdf5b0b071b9b73d1850e6.jpeg

Also, since Pokemon from Go can be transferred into this game, would that mean Pokemon from Gen 2 and 3 compatible with LGP/E as well or would only Kanto mons be usable?

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Jiren's Only fan said:

Also, since Pokemon from Go can be transferred into this game, does that mean if Johto and Hoenn mons could bebrought over as well or would only Kanto mons be compatible?

I hope so, but it doesn't sound great so far.

Anyway, I've added more details from the Q&A that's happening.

Positives: Cute as balls

Negatives: Pretty much everything else the more I read

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

I'm just relieved these are confirmed NOT to be the next mainline games. I think they'll be a decent distraction until Pokemon 8 next year. Heck, I've already caught the original 151 years and years ago anyway. If nothing else, going through an HD Kanto is worth the price of admission for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm personally ok with this being a more casual thing while GF works on the next main installment. Well, provided it isn't stripped down any further than what we've heard. My nostalgia for Gen 1 will definitely up my enjoyment, even if I wish I could trade over say a Litwick or Snorunt. The inclusion of a co-op mode also means my niece can drop in and out when she comes round and since she prefers swiping screens over prodding buttons (hurumph!), she might actually enjoy this one more.

That said, I can definitely understand the disappointment if you have no interest in this one.

Called it:

16 hours ago, Marcello said:

Pikachu is getting a new hat!

The game doesn't look great. It seems like they removed wild Pokémon battles, which is just dumb. I hope I can choose not to use the motion controls. Graphics aren't great, but better than I expected. Pokémon customization is cool, but it's probably limited to Eevee and Pikachu. I'm not sure what to think of seeing wild Pokémon in the world, thus removing the random battles. I don't think I like it.  The characters look lame. Like the halved Red's age, change his clothes to something lame and gave him a dumb face. I hate only seeing Gen 1 Pokémon.

Looks like the speculation of a new Eeveelution might be true, though.

Also, is this Cycling Road minus the cycling?

9pNdem6.jpg

I don't like some of the changes in Pikachu/Eevee versions but I'm willing to give these games a shot since Pokémon has basically only made incremental/QOL changes throughout the years and I'm interested in trying something somewhat new for the series. It's hard for me to get over "Kanto/first gen only" though and it's what is really holding me back from being excited for this at all. I don't have a Switch yet, but this game is currently very low priority on my buy list.

• Thumbs Up 1

This game has Pokémon following/carrying the trainer. Sad thing is that they still won't bother in doing that un the main Pokémon games

No Wild Pokemon Battling is exactly what Pokemon Colosseum did, and I struggle to consider what XD did as random encounters, so I'm not concerned as long as the wandering Pokemon trainers pick up the training slack, whether by rebattling or there just being exponentially more of them.

I'm just ready for my Kanto Gym Leader remix.

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Pawn said:

- These games are more about home gaming while next year's are focused on handheld...? O-K

What does this even mean? Is this just how they say the next one will be more traditional?

21 minutes ago, Jiren's Only fan said:

Yeah, I going to have to past on this game.

What? How?! Huh?!

7 minutes ago, Ice Vec said:

This game has Pokémon following/carrying the trainer. Sad thing is that they still won't bother in doing that un the main Pokémon games

Gen 7 already had Ride Pokémon.

I have really mixed feelings on this.

I don't like how we're restricted to Kanto and the original 151. I was never a Kanto guy. I was more for Johto to Unova, and I played Red and Blue mind you. Nor do I like the inclusion of Pokemon Go mechanics for Wild Pokemon.

Online never really affected me as I'm not much of an online gamer, so I'm not too distraught over it, although I see why people would be.

However, the idea of local co-op, the graphics, following Pokemon and the interactive Pokeball (it's like a new Pokewalker! YAS) really peaks my interest.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Gen 7 already had Ride Pokémon.

Not your Pokémon though. Those in screen are supposed to be the trainer's Pokémon

I just realized Eevee, the star of one of these games and who's whole point is evolving, will be missing more than half of its evolutions. 

I'm kinda into this so far. Seems like a cute little "stop gap" between generations.

Main thing I'm concerned about is stuff like whether or not evolutions of Kanto 'mons that were introduced later will be in this or not (let me evolve Eevee into Umbreon you bastards). I'm fine with going back to Kanto and stuff but like...there's no need to limit it THAT much.

I wonder if these games might add Pokemon that were scrapped from the original Red & Blue.

There was that whole theory based the manga about the creator.

....or it could be a cameo Pokemon for Gen 8 like Marill, Snubbull, and Togepi back in Gen 1.

Honestly, this is kinda what I've wanted Go to be from the very start: a more simplistic gen 1 remake, rather than a slightly changed Ingress. Shame that it only became that on the Switch.

Also, the co-op looks cool,  I must say. I mean, I hope that it's not just gonna be limited to "Capture the Pokémon together", and will actually have double battles.

If co-op involves catching a Pokemon together...which player actually gets to keep the caught Pokemon?

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

If co-op involves catching a Pokemon together...which player actually gets to keep the caught Pokemon?

The player who deserves it more, morally speaking. This is measured using complex algorithms that analyze you as a person.

Alternatively in the co-op both players use the same team and in, for example, double battles, one player commands three 'mons and the other player uses the rest...or something? I don't know.