Awoo.

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee for Switch - 16 November 2018

Pawn

11 hours ago, Tornado said:

Ah. I see where this is going. I said why I think the art style is atrocious; enough to make me nearly completely lose interest in a game I had been thinking about getting. You can accept that for what it is (which from the start was saying it reminds me a lot of shovelware Wii and mobile games, as well as the times in the past where Game Freak hasn't even gotten to a level that could be called phoning it in) or not, but I'm not interested in playing "justify your opinion on something subjective so I can say you're wrong for thinking differently".

Enjoy your Yellow remakes, I guess. I'm sure Game Freak they will eventually put actual effort into a Switch game one day.

I don't think you see where this was going at all. I never was going to say you should like it or it's wrong that you don't like it. I merely don't understand on why you don't like it. And no, calling something a cheap phone game really doesn't say much especially when phones games can be and look like almost anything nowadays. If I was a game dev working on the game I would have no idea on why you don't like it or what I should change. You haven't even said what you would want instead, and if you showed something I actually liked, then I likely would had agreed with you on it being a better choice or at least understand your opinion. You don't even know for a fact if I will buy this game or not. I'm no hardcore Pokemon fan... I haven't even decided if I want this game yet.

Anyways it's fine if you don't want to explain your opinion any farther. I just don't quite understand these kinds of opinions I see happen on certain games is all.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Tornado said:

Ah. I see where this is going. I said why I think the art style is atrocious; enough to make me nearly completely lose interest in a game I had been thinking about getting. You can accept that for what it is (which from the start was saying it reminds me a lot of shovelware Wii and mobile games, as well as the times in the past where Game Freak hasn't even gotten to a level that could be called phoning it in) or not, but I'm not interested in playing "justify your opinion on something subjective so I can say you're wrong for thinking differently".

Enjoy your Yellow remakes, I guess. I'm sure Game Freak they will eventually put actual effort into a Switch game one day.

Pokemin is one of those series that can sell on 5he name alone. People are so so on the graphics while I sit here bamboozled by why and how they made it so toddler friendly easy

So, an increasingly widespread piece of actually credible speculation is suggesting that this game is going to get new Mega Evolutions.  Considering the widely-reported simplicity of the Let's Go games, it's possible these inclusions could be calculated as potential draws for the hardcore players.

The rumour was prompted by the widely-reported reregistering for trademarks of the Japanese names of certain Kanto Pokemon - an event with precedent for Pokemon which subsequently got Mega Evolutions:

Spoiler

(One alleged leaker subsequently included Mr. Mime in the rumour, too.)

What's notable is how these appear to correspond to significant Kanto region trainers, suggesting they might use these Pokemon as Mega Evolutions during the game or for postgame rebattles:

Spoiler

Golem: Brock
Starmie: Misty
Raichu: Lt. Surge, Eevee Version rival
Arbok/Weezing: Koga, Jessie & James
Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee: Fighting Dojo
Mr. Mime: Sabrina
Persian: Giovanni
Jynx: Lorelei
Machamp: Bruno
Dragonite: Lance
Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon: Pikachu Version rival

This leaves holes for Erika, possibly Koga, Blaine, and Agatha, though the latter could only use the extant Mega Gengar; along the same lines, if we knock Mr. Mime off the list then Sabrina has Mega Alakazam as an option.  Drawing from these gaps we could infer the possibility of additional Megas for Victreebel or Vileplume, Muk or Venomoth, and Rapidash or Arcanine or Ninetales.  (Onix and Magmar are off the table for having post-Gen-I evolutions.)

Whether or not the rumour is true, I think going forward that remakes specifically are the best place for Mega Evolutions, which are often responses to a prominent Pokemon's popularity or flaws, so in that sense I'm not opposed to the idea; I probably still wouldn't get these games, but it's the first new idea which has actually caught my interest.

Spoiler

What does a Mega Machamp even look like? Cause all I can think of is the Pokemon version of Asura from Asura's Wrath.

19 hours ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:
  Reveal hidden contents

What does a Mega Machamp even look like? Cause all I can think of is the Pokemon version of Asura from Asura's Wrath.

s_XP23rp6n2wqIcl7d54Y96AVTNdb8HdynuXxwAo

• Chuckle 2

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT: New English & Japanese Trailers and other Updates

English

Japanese

The of the major updates is that Pikachu & Eevee will also act as Poke Ride, allowing characters to use them as HMs (Cut, Fly, Surf, etc).

sky-dash.jpg

9_06_story_p03_04.jpg

Here's Eevee using Fly.

sea-skim.jpg

9_06_story_p03_04.jpg

Here's Pikachu using Surf.

exclusive-moves.jpg

Your partner can learn some exclusive moves that no other Pokémon can learn. Because it’s going to be by your side throughout your journey, your partner needs some reliable moves to make sure you’re ready to face any challenge!

As you shower your partner with love, it’ll sometimes send you a sign during battle. Wave your detached Joy-Con when the partner sign appears to have your partner use its special partner power.

Your partner may even send you a sign when it’s not the one battling. If you respond, it’ll cheer on the Pokémon in battle by boosting its stats!

9_06_story_p07_01.jpg

When you see the partner sign in battle, your partner Pikachu will be able to use Pika Papow. The power of this move will increase based on how good of friends you and your Pikachu are.

9_06_story_p07_02.jpg

Pikachu can also learn the Water-type move Splishy Splash. This move has a chance to paralyze opponents!

9_06_story_p08_01.jpg

When you see the partner sign in battle, your partner Eevee will be able to use Veevee Volley. The power of this move will increase based on how good of friends you and your Eevee are.

9_06_story_p08_02.jpg

Your Eevee also has a Water-type move it can learn—Bouncy Bubble. This move will heal Eevee for half the damage it deals to the opponent.

9_06_story_p08_03.jpg

The Electric-type move Buzzy Buzz will leave the opponent paralyzed after the move hits.

9_06_story_p08_04.jpg

Make good use of the Fire-type move Sizzly Slide. This move will always leave the opponent with the burned status condition!

9_06_story_p04_03.jpg

In between exploring and battling, it’s a good idea to relax with your Pokémon buddies. Enjoy a little playtime with Pikachu or Eevee in order to strengthen your bond with it. It will sit on your arm, allowing you to pet, feed, and even tickle it. Good things might happen as the two of you become closer.

You can play with your partner Pikachu or Eevee when you’re not in battle by selecting the Pikachu or Eevee icon on your main menu. The more time you spend with your partner, the more it’ll grow to love you! As you become closer, it’ll give you high fives or even find gifts for you as you travel. Lots of good things can happen if you’re friends with your partner!

Interact with your partner Pokémon by controlling the cursor with a detached Joy-Con. You can pet and play with your partner, and it may even grow closer to you as you become friendlier with it. In handheld mode, you’ll be able to play with your partner directly by using the touch screen.

hair-both.jpg

While playing with your partner, you can give it a quick makeover by ruffling its hair using the touch screen. Its hairstyle will change depending on your actions. Try out different things until you get a hairstyle you like. Find a good outfit to go with your favorite hairstyle to make your partner truly your own!

celadon-city-char-erika.png

9_06_kanto_p09_05.jpg

There’s a lot to see and do in Celadon City! This large city, known as the "City of Rainbow Dreams," has loads of places to explore, including an arcade and a department store. Just watch out—Team Rocket seems to have a presence here. What could they be up to?

Erika, sometimes called the Nature-Loving Princess, is the Gym Leader of the Celadon City Gym. She specializes in Grass-type Pokémon, so make sure your team is ready to counter her Pokémon’s attacks.

Finally, there is a Bundle

switch_hardware.pngswitch-joycons.png

switch_hardware_back.png

• 2 weeks later...

There's a new trailer and official art 

US

Japan

go_park_art.png

There is a deep connection between Pokémon GO and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region that you have caught in Pokémon GO can be brought into these two new Nintendo Switch games.

The GO Park complex is where your Pokémon will arrive after you've synced your Pokémon GO game with Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! There, you'll be able to see your Pokémon friends running around and having fun!

The GO Park complex has a total of 20 GO Parks, with each capable of holding 50 Pokémon. That's a whopping 1,000 Pokémon that you can keep! If you want to explore the Kanto region with the Pokémon you've brought over from Pokémon GO, you'll need to catch them again in the GO Park complex first.

You'll find the GO Park complex in Fuchsia City, which you reach by progressing through the story. While in a GO Park, you'll be able to observe your Pokémon gathering together and playing. Watch closely, and you might even see the Pokémon having conversations with each other.

go_transfer.png

okémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! can easily be linked to Pokémon GO through Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology. Once you're linked, all you'll need to do is follow the simple instructions in your game to transfer Pokémon.

There's no limit to the number of Pokémon GO accounts that can be tied to a single save file in Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! That means you're not limited to connecting with just your own Pokémon GO account. You can get Pokémon from friends and family, too!

Although Pokémon that you've brought from Pokémon GO into Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! can’t be sent back to Pokémon GO, transferring your Pokémon over will earn you handy rewards in Pokémon GO that will help you in that game.

9_19_go_p05_04.jpg

Once you have 25 of the same species of Pokémon in the GO Park complex, you'll be able to challenge yourself to a special minigame in the Play Yard.

In the minigame, you'll need to lead all the Pokémon into the goal area within the time limit.

The Pokémon will all be doing their own thing at the start of the minigame, but they'll start following you once you get close enough to them.

Watch out for the obstacle Pokémon that appear from time to time, though. Bump into one of them, and the Pokémon you've been gathering will get surprised and run away!

If you manage to get all the Pokémon into the goal area within three minutes, you win! Your prize is Candies, which will prove invaluable as you put together your Pokémon team.

9_19_go_p06_02.jpg

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! will feature Candies—items that are used to make Pokémon stronger. You can increase Pokémon's stats by using Candies.

There are different kinds of Candies, and each has a different effect. For example, giving Pikachu a Quick Candy will increase its Speed stat. Other Candies will increase stats such as HP or Attack. There are even some Candies that only have an effect on a particular species of Pokémon! Use all the different Candies wisely to raise a superstrong Pokémon!

You'll be able to acquire Candies by successfully completing games in the Play Yard of the GO Park complex. You can also send Pokémon to Professor Oak to assist in his research. He will give you Candies in return.

It seems as though there are even more ways of getting Candies. Try taking one of your Pokémon for a stroll in a Poké Ball Plus—you might just get some Candies for your effort!

9_19_go_p05_01.jpg

Certain Pokémon have regional variants—that is, they have adapted to the unique environment of one specific region and look and behave differently from the same species found in other regions. The regional variants of the Alola region are known as Alolan forms.

If you've caught Pokémon in their Alolan form in Pokémon GO, you'll be able to bring them over to Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! in that same form. But if you haven't caught any, don't worry—there are visitors from the Alola region in Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! who will be happy to trade their Alolan form Pokémon with you.

subvisual_legendary.jpg

In the world of Pokémon, there are certain special Pokémon that are hardly ever seen. These Pokémon are known as Legendary Pokémon. In the Kanto region, where you'll be having your adventures, three of these Legendary Pokémon are Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.

You won't be able to catch these Legendary Pokémon the same way you catch most other Pokémon you encounter in the wild—you'll have to defeat them in a battle first! Once you defeat them, you'll have the opportunity to catch them.

9_19_story_p09_06.jpg

If you are worthy to catch these Legendary Pokémon, they will become valuable members of your team. In addition, you can also have these mighty Pokémon follow you around as you explore the Kanto region!

It looks like the one and only new Pokémon has leaked via Pokémon Go, and it's... underwhelming? Weird? WTF? Head over to Serebii to see it, anyway.

Spoiler

Original source and shiny form and apparent Pokedex number in the spoiler.  Speculation below:

Spoiler

It's 891, which probably means it's a mythical, which probably means its design won't be redeemed by having evolutions.

Which probably means Gen 8 is going to be another with a low number of new Pokemon - eighty-four minimum.

Yeah, it's not their best design, is it?

3 minutes ago, Red said:

#891 Already? What happened to #808? I'm more confused why they would leak a Gen 8 Pokemon so early.

Let's Go is introducing a single new Pokémon. It's leaked because it's included in data for Go, which Let's Go is being made to be very compatible with. It's like Magearna being revealed early. The only difference is that this is the first tune that a game exists that's updated to include more Pokémon as time goes on.

The new Pokemon's been officially unveiled:

What’s this? Trainers, thanks to your field reports, we can now confirm that a brand-new species of Pokémon has just been discovered! Introducing Meltan, the Hex Nut Pokémon! Professor Oak and Professor Willow have teamed up to research this mysterious new species of Pokémon, and what they’ve uncovered is pretty interesting. Take a look at their findings so far, and let us know in the comments if you’ve encountered Meltan in the wild!

Seems it really does have some special connection to Ditto, but it's also considered a Mythical. Wonder where they're going with this...?

That Ditto-like body can't be dismissed as a coincidence, and the similarity between its tail and Kecleon's belly stripe (right down to corresponding normal and shiny colours, I understand) is also rather suspicious.  My wager would be that it has some kind of transforming or camouflaging Ability similar to those Pokemon (related to the molten and therefore malleable state of its body); I also wouldn't be in the least surprised if it had another Form.

Okay, I haven't been following this thread, I'm gonna buy this game and it's the first Pokemon title that interests me, for these reasons:

- Basically nostalgia, the Gen 1 Pokemon were my favorites at the time (I watched the cartoons)

- Similar to Pokemon Go but still works as a Pokemon RPG (I think)

- Familiar characters

- Simple mechanics

Sorry if these reasons are stupid, I'm not a Pokemon expert anymore.

Oh your very right in it being simple. This is literally a game meant for those not use to the real pokemon games and just want a casual experience

• 2 weeks later...

New footage of Nut-Metal Slime:

It seems to have stolen Zygarde's gimmick, making the poor dragon snake even less relevant.

20 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Master Trainers are introduced

Oh, snap- Pokemon's gone full-out Melee.

Seems like a rather tedious and unfulfilling gimmick, though- especially with version-exclusives. 

If anything I expect my health to go to half.  with multiple game sites stating from plays that this is by far the easiest and most casual pokemon to date I doubt this will be hard. I'm more curious if this is a standalone game. Aka will transfers works in 2019 game or is this strictly tied to just the go verse

Masuda-san on why Rival characters are much friendlier these days:

"I think the biggest reason that rivals were more of a jerk in the early days is that we were just limited in what we could express with the pixel graphics. There's not much that you can do with that kind of little sprite on the screen, so we worked harder to characterize them through dialogue and give them certain personalities.

Also, because it's just dialogue and there's not a whole lot going on on the screen, it doesn't give as harsh of an impression even if they're jerks, I think. Now we have HD graphics and the visuals are much more impressive. If you also made him a jerk, the impression would be a lot stronger on players. Another thing, just my own personal take, is that it feels that people with those kinds of personalities these days are just not as accepted by players as they were back then."

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/320919-junichi-masuda-explains-with-rivals-in-pokemon-games-aren-t-such

Personally, I prefer having my rival be a colossal wanker, so that curb-stomping him every time he gets in my way feels that much sweeter. Hau didn't leave that big an impression on me, but I kinda felt bad for him by the end of the game.

Basically he's saying people are sensitive to people being mean to them. That's exactly how that reads. I'd prefer the old exit cave no healing my team let's fight bwahaha rival

• Thumbs Up 1

With all the free shit Hau gave me and how easy it was to beat him every single time, I felt like a bully honestly. I'd like to face a non-villain who I can actually feel good about grinding into the dirt.

• Thumbs Up 3