Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing leaked from Walmart Database

Wraith

Well, I commented a thing in the youtube video and didn't want to creat another topic about it so here we go

About what I expect from the game:

I really like Sonic Racing's games more than Mario's.
Although, I think Mario Kart is really successful in a thing that any Sonic Racing games ever succeeded:

Acessibility.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes with Auto-Steering (the kart won't let you fall a pit or hit a wall), Auto-acceleration (it won't stop accelerating unless you hit a wall) and a 50cc mode which is really slow-paced and friendly. It doesn't sound a lot, I know, but when I invite someone who's bad at videogames to play Mario Kart 8 with me (like my mom or my boyfriend), anyone can win and basically have fun on the first try.

The last 2 Sonic racing games were A LOT harder to get into the controls - driving was stupidly fast, the items were not intuitive or self-explanatory, the transformation thingy had a lot of ways of turbo-ing that was really hidden and not obvious, and basically, whoever played the game for more time would ALWAYS win, no matter what items the opponent gets.
Playing Sonic Transformed locally with friends was always really bad in comparison to Mario Kart 8 so I was never playing my favorite multiplayer game locally. I really wish this new Team Sonic Racing have more acessibility into it core gameplay and options! That'd rock.

Also
I'm curious and hyped about the game since it's being made by Sumo, becaese they simply made my 2 favorite racing games in the past decade. The "Team" thing reminds of Crash Team Racing or Mario Kart Double Dash. Both games weren't that good in my opinion but I always felt that a micro-coop racing game is a realy cool idea that can be really great if done correctly. I'm optimistic.

(my english is kinda rusty, I just hope y'all can understand lol)

11 hours ago, Celestia said:

Honestly I wasn't really a fan of the transforming mechanic. It didn't ruin the game or anything but I didn't like...actively enjoy it. Felt kinda awkward sometimes too, mostly the boat mode. So yeah personally I won't miss it, but it would've been interesting if they had kept it just to see if they'd expand on or tweak it in interesting ways.

This I kind of have to agree with. I thought on paper, it was a cool idea, but in execution, it was relatively annoying to deal with. Boats, less so but I hated trying to fly in ASRT, even if the concept of the stages changing by lap 3 was interesting. I also hated how it gave way to much lazier all-star attacks. We went to unique animations and attacks for each and every character in ASR to having everyone just go into helicopter mode for a little bit. 

ASRT is still a fantastic game, so much so I'd love a port on PS4 or Switch, but I'm admittedly pretty happy it's going to be a normal kart racer. 

• Thumbs Up 1