Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing leaked from Walmart Database

Wraith

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

Does anyone else think this is really ugly? It has that same smeary, bloomy look from Transformed, though not quite as bad. The aliasing. Shadows look terrible. Even the smoke effects look wonky. The foliage looks weird, too, but I'm not sure how much you'll be able to see that when driving. Mario Kart 8 looks nicer than this.

I thought ASRT looked really rather pretty, but this really doesn't. 

The leaves on the trees are odd and I really, really dislike the rounded edges on the grass edges. Everything just looks so plastic. MK8 looks more like a Sonic game than this. It's important to remember that racing games always look better in motion, but in this case I just really dislike the entire art direction. It's bleh.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 characters? That's pitiful. The previous ASR games both had over 30. Mario Kart 8 DX has over 40... Heck, even all of the Riders games offered more. Like, what on Earth is the reason for such a puny amount? Everything else looks and sounds decent at least, but that stingy roster makes no sense. I was expecting 20 characters on the low end but SEGA couldn't even cough that up. Keep aiming high, fellas. I want to believe 15 is just the starting roster and more are to be unlocked, plus there's always DLC, but I cannot hold high expectations seeing the $40 price tag again after what a low content chump of a game Forces was. Ah well, if I get Blaze I'll probably manage to enjoy it. The modes and graphics look and sound solid so far. 

• Thumbs Up 3

As for characters... not gonna lie, 15 seems really weak. Especially when you consider the last racing game, Transformed, which had 25 at the start if I recall correctly. It's going to be some slim pickings, especially since a slot seems to have been wastedused on an egg pawn.

For the other characters we don't see in these shots, my guesses are:

Amy

Eggman

Metal Sonic (because he has to be in everything now)

Vector

Espio

Rouge

Omega

Blaze

Big

Silver

Again... this is leaving out a lot of great characters. Hell, would've been super cool to have seen the new comic characters make it in too. I'm guessing the added focus on team types is bringing down the possible number.

6 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Does anyone else think this is kinda ugly? It has that same smeary, bloomy look from Transformed, though not quite as bad. The aliasing. Shadows look terrible. Even the smoke effects look wonky. The foliage looks weird, too, but I'm not sure how much you'll be able to see that when driving. Mario Kart 8 looks nicer than this.

Yeah, it's not looking too great to me either honestly. Though, it may be because these are shots from the Switch version (hopefully there's more than that one) or these are still early in development. I know that last guess is a sore point for most people when it comes to upcoming games but I do remember Transformed getting a bit of a graphical boost from announcement to launch

Hopefully the characters roster is not so low just because they want to sell a boatload as DLC.

Whilst the team aspect sounds intriguing, I was really really engaged with the transformed element of the last instalment, it meant 3 different gameplay racing styles that were equally graceful to handle and wonderfully designed high concept tracks that transformed around you.

This... feels like a bit of a backwards step  - but I’ll reserve judgement until I can see more and play it. 

I do think the use of wisps for power ups is a natural fit for this franchise and will finally put them to proper use since Sonic Colours. 

The pure Sonic focus doesn’t bother me too much fortunately - I’m looking forward to seeing whole new sets of tracks set entirely in-universe this time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my god I was joking about them taking the team mechanic from CNK. 

Honestly I wasn't really a fan of the transforming mechanic. It didn't ruin the game or anything but I didn't like...actively enjoy it. Felt kinda awkward sometimes too, mostly the boat mode. So yeah personally I won't miss it, but it would've been interesting if they had kept it just to see if they'd expand on or tweak it in interesting ways.

We have a visitor.

EDIT: Just to clarify I have no illusions that  Mario is in the game at all. I just spotted this and thought it looked like him.

BC7AF58D-BF09-4809-BA64-3E9A47DBF4AE.jpeg

A5AA899C-D899-4922-938F-E0641F62DE16.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • My Emmerdoods 1

2 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

We have a visitor.

Broken images? ...Or is that just on my end?

Edit: Oh, there we go.

...WAIT WHAT.

Just now, Celestia said:

Broken images? ...Or is that just on my end?

Should be fine now , I had to re-edit the post

• Nice Smile 1

5 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

We have a visitor.

Gonna be a killjoy here and say that's Orbot and Cubot.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Yeah, it's not going to be Mario. It doesn't look like him, and there'd be a lot more focus on his presence than a hard-to-see model in the background of the boxart if he was there.

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

Being only on Switch kills the hype for me, no love for PC gamers??

This is just the listing leak from one retailer. Don't count on it being Switch only.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Strickerx5 said:

Gonna be a killjoy here and say that's Orbot and Cubot.

I..don't think so

a516cbaa6453fa25.PNG

It's too big to be just Orbot on top of Cubot.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • My Emmerdoods 2

17 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Honestly I wasn't really a fan of the transforming mechanic. It didn't ruin the game or anything but I didn't like...actively enjoy it. Felt kinda awkward sometimes too, mostly the boat mode. So yeah personally I won't miss it, but it would've been interesting if they had kept it just to see if they'd expand on or tweak it in interesting ways.

I was fine with it, but I think it may have made the game less accessible. I tried playing the game with my little sister,, but every time we transformed into planes she'd fall apart and go from 2nd to last place. Cars and boats were fine for her, but planes wrecked her.

What bothered me personally was the way to unlock characters. After a while, the missions got harder to get three stars in, I got annoyed and bored and stopped and never unlocked some characters. I hope unlocking is less tedious here.

15 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

We have a visitor.

I doubt Mario would be so small.

3 minutes ago, Bobnik said:

I..don't think so

a516cbaa6453fa25.PNG

Wait... What?

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Being only on Switch kills the hype for me, no love for PC gamers??

There's still hope man. This is probably just the Switch version leaking and Walmart just never posted the others.

Like, unless Sega has some sort of deal with Nintendo again (God I hope not), there's no way they're skipping out on the PS4 and its massive install base.

And if that's getting the game with the Switch, you can more than likely expect the One and PC versions to follow.

1 minute ago, Bobnik said:

I..don't think so

a516cbaa6453fa25.PNG

Oh shit, who the... Big?

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Strickerx5 said:

Oh shit, who the... Big?

New character that takes the role of announcer/host/other new guy in Adventure mode.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 characters so: (do you agree with me or do you have different speculations?)

1-Sonic

2-Tails

3-Knuckles

4-Egg Pawn

5-Amy

6-Rouge

7-Cream

8-Blaze

9-Silver

10-Eggman

11-Espio

12-Vector

13-Charmy

14-Sticks???

15-Big???? (please!)

It's TEAM SONIC Racing. Basically Sonic Heroes in race form. 

Just now, Blue Blood said:

New character that takes the role of announcer/host/other new guy in Adventure mode.

But he literally has the same nose and mouth area as Big...

1 minute ago, Marco9966 said:

15 characters so: (do you agree with me or do you have different speculations?)

1-Sonic

2-Tails

3-Knuckles

4-Egg Pawn

5-Amy

6-Rouge

7-Cream

8-Blaze

9-Silver

10-Eggman

11-Espio

12-Vector

13-Charmy

14-Sticks???

15-Big???? (please!)

You forgot shadow who is on he cover and in screen shots

Just now, Shadowlax said:

You forgot shadow who is on he cover and in screen shots

True I thought I've written him after Knuckles.

I hope the story cutscenes are real cutscenes and not stiff images like Free Riders.

4 minutes ago, Marcello said:

What bothered me personally was the way to unlock characters. After a while, the missions got harder to get three stars in, I got annoyed and bored and stopped and never unlocked some characters. I hope unlocking is less tedious here.

Agreed. Maybe I'm just not the best at racers but...I still wish there had at least been alternate methods of unlocking characters.

2 minutes ago, Strickerx5 said:

But he literally has the same nose and mouth area as Big...

Well, a lot of the cast shares a similar mouth area design. The eyes look different too.

It would be funny if it was Big tho', and he was disguising himself for whatever reason.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I want Tom the Cop as a racer...

...In fetching 70s trousers.

• Chuckle 8